Menu

Ignore this thread!

25 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Anyone gotten your tax refunds yet? Ours keeps saying Tuesday. So would that be the 3 Tuesdays ago or this Tuesday. The system must have seen Star Trek: Generations one time too many. Everything is delivered Tuesday.

We got ours this past Thursday. I hope yours comes through soon!

Our state refund, however...this state holds onto refunds forever. I might not see it for a couple more months. It's a small refund though.

• Like 2

We have friends who made us the most delicious chocolate truffles for Christmas a few years back.  Those were my favorite chocolates.  This family is moving to Dallas in a year.  Pout.  And then probably to Africa.  Double Pout.

We got our refund on Friday, which was the date stated on the "where's my refund" IRS thing.  And Bob's your uncle, new car.

We had dinner with church small group and now home.  I made a delicious blues-berry crisp.  I've been working on a few children's choir things here and there today and reserved history/literature books for our next history unit. I will probably read a bit and watch a bit.

• Like 4

One more week of revision house. If I bust my tail, I will take this Friday off from all thing writing to do battle with The Grunge. I think I might borrow my protagonist's sword. It's pretty ugly in here! 

I started revising at nine this morning. I just finished. 43 pages of emotional turmoil. At least tomorrow it's fighting time! 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

Praying, Maize!

Krissi, what did you find out?

I had a good talk with SIL. She said, basically, the D&C is the gold standard, it is Cadillac Care. If you want to be 100% you don’t have endometrial cancer, that is it. But, she said it is entirely acceptable to not have it, but rather have another ultrasound in 6 months (apparently the uterine lining is thicker than it should be post menopausal) and just kind of monitor things. She also said that the stress DS had been putting on us as a family could have thrown me into early menopause when I was not quite ready for it, apparently I am at the younger side of normal.... So, I am very satisfied with her advice. I am still going to run this by my GP because she knows me and my health.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

One more week of revision house. If I bust my tail, I will take this Friday off from all thing writing to do battle with The Grunge. I think I might borrow my protagonist's sword. It's pretty ugly in here! 

I started revising at nine this morning. I just finished. 43 pages of emotional turmoil. At least tomorrow it's fighting time! 

43 pages of emotional turmoil?????? I think you need a Girl Scout cookie!!!

• Like 4

I have had the most exhausting day! Today has been much more pleasant than I imagined. Because the kids were so tired we slept a little late and got there a little late but it only took us 15 minutes to park and 5 minutes to get in. 

John's favorite ride is the Matterhorn, Mary's favorite ride is Pirates of the Caribbean and Alex's is Dumbo. My girlfriend with a really nasty case of fibromyalgia was here and she used a scooter so we didn't have to wait in line for very much.

Peter Pan was my favorite. This place is not magical and therefore magically disappointing but the kids are having a fantastic time and I'm really glad we came.

Alex almost cried when he met his lifelong hero Donald Duck. The entire time in line "Ug Onald peeeeeease. Ug Onald peeeeeease. Ug Onald peeeeeease. Ug Onald peeeeeease."

We were so busy ensuring that we did not lose Alex that we wound up losing the other two. Fortunately I knew I was such a bad mother that I trained them to take care of themselves well. They found another set of parents who helped them find a cast member which helped them call us. They got free churros and water for getting lost so if you want to feed your kids at Disneyland just lose them.

20190224_123518_HDR.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Ahhhh, the fireworks are great!!!

Good to hear! We have been so behind schedule and running so crazy that I put a huge emphasis on getting back on schedule, but I decided to put it all off for this. We will probably never be here again so we have to see the fireworks!

(I said this a long time ago)

• Like 4

So, Regina King gets the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress. I feel like I know her because I was a background actor on two of her TV series, American Crime and the Leftovers.

And that's all I got about the Oscars. I didn't even know that was tonight until it was over. 🙂

• Like 3

Closing in on The End--only it's not the end, and I've got to go back and tweak, prune, deflate, rewrite, and otherwise prettify the whole Dragon again before the agent gets to see him. But it feels both good and scary to have finished this rewrite. I think I've put too much back in, but I have not been focusing on that as much as rebuilding some of the story that got pulled out to get it down to the 120K mark. I haven't looked yet to see what the count is yet. Too nervous.

• Like 5

21 hours ago, maize said:

Could y'all pray for my husband's brother and his family? BiL was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer last week, started chemotherapy this week and had a stroke later the same day. We went to see him at the hospital yesterday, he is actually making good progress with recovering from the stroke (he can move, and can say a couple of words) but obviously the overall prognosis is not good. I am heartbroken for his wife and kids. And for my husband too who has always particularly loved and admired his older brother.

(((Maize and family)))

• Like 2

We just did the Oreo moon phases activity.  Sweet.  (Literally.)

We used gluten-free Oreoish cookies (because I can't actually touch or eat Oreos).

ETA:  This was a free activity for us.  Last night Pizza Hut provided us with plastic knives and a few weeks ago the grocery pickup accidentally gave us several bags that weren't ours -- including a package of gluten-free Oreoish cookies!

Edited by Junie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I still have to paint the hallway and all the door trim for the doors off the hallway.  But first I have to change out the hinges.  Former owner painted all the hinges.  That’s a big fat DO NOT DO THIS in my book.  Even lazy people should not do this.  Just no. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1