Menu

Ignore this thread!

Just started All About Spelling Level 7 with DDalmost12. **sniffle** It's been such a journey! When we started she was 9 and could barely read or spell anything, the PS had let her slip through the cracks so much. I'm so proud of her for how hard she's worked to catch up and now she's working at- or above-level in every subject except science. At this moment she's happily writing her first Writing Station under the new prompt system-- "An interview with a cowardly pirate who has an extensive button collection." This stuff is right up her alley. My lil' creative writer!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, egao_gakari said:

Just started All About Spelling Level 7 with DDalmost12. **sniffle** It's been such a journey! When we started she was 9 and could barely read or spell anything, the PS had let her slip through the cracks so much. I'm so proud of her for how hard she's worked to catch up and now she's working at- or above-level in every subject except science. At this moment she's happily writing her first Writing Station under the new prompt system-- "An interview with a cowardly pirate who has an extensive button collection." This stuff is right up her alley. My lil' creative writer!

Awwwww!  That's great!!  🏆

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I was trying to nap when Alex brought me all of the candles he could carry. I don't know where they go, my dad doesn't know where they go, the candles don't know where they go. Ok.

The little fire cracker!

3 minutes ago, Slache said:

Y'all are boring.

Yes!  One hour since last post.  That's definitely a problem.  

• Like 2

We went to the eye doctor.  I am getting bifocals for the first time (as is dd11).*

Dd16's prescription barely changed, so she will be getting prescription sunglasses.

Dd14 is getting new glasses. 

(Dd8 got her new glasses several months ago.  She sees a different doctor.  She did not need bifocals this year!)

Dd12 is still my only girl without glasses.

*Note to self: After dinner, update signature with dd11's after birthday age.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Change of plans. After still being car sick, only six and a half hours of sleep, trying to nap all morning with kids jumping up and down on the bed because men are useless, everyone went to see the Golden Gate Bridge so I could take a nap.

As soon as I got in the shower the toilet overflowed, but I heard it and caught it in time so I didn't have any clean up. That was fun.

They're going out to eat and the only things in the house are diet jello, minced garlic, butter and sour gummies. What can I make with that?

7 minutes ago, Slache said:

Change of plans. After still being car sick, only six and a half hours of sleep, trying to nap all morning with kids jumping up and down on the bed because men are useless, everyone went to see the Golden Gate Bridge so I could take a nap.

As soon as I got in the shower the toilet overflowed, but I heard it and caught it in time so I didn't have any clean up. That was fun.

They're going out to eat and the only things in the house are diet jello, minced garlic, butter and sour gummies. What can I make with that?

Order a gf pizza from Domino's? 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Here's a Friday night Ghost Story for y'all.

I have done the exact same thing! I wonder if he lives near me? Maybe that's why the employee said again.

2 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Order a gf pizza from Domino's? 

Don't have any way to pay for it! Good thought.

16 minutes ago, Slache said:

Don't feel sorry for me. I ate gummies for dinner. It's kinda my fault.

But eating gummies wasn't exactly your choice.  It was kinda the only thing available.

I mean, your only other option was garlic butter.  You wouldn't have felt any better if you had eaten that.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Are gummies gluten free?  Oh, wait, was that Starburst?

Starburst gummies! Svengo. Never again.

2 hours ago, Junie said:

But eating gummies wasn't exactly your choice.  It was kinda the only thing available.

I mean, your only other option was garlic butter.  You wouldn't have felt any better if you had eaten that.

I eateded a burger and I feel better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi.  I am only reaching my stepgoal a couple of nights a week now.  I have good self control but really cold plus still ice and snow on the ground - especially sidewalks which have not been cleared, makes it tricky in the dark.  And I can't always make it to the Y before they close.  I feel like those are excuses but I was only able to make my step goals for over a year when I was walking outside sometimes at 10 and 11 pm. 

• Like 3