Menu

Ignore this thread!

3 minutes ago, ikslo said:

We’re about 90% unpacked and 80% painted.  I’m ready for our move to be over. 

I don't think it will take us very long because we've had to clean out so much due to limited space. We have 576 cubic feet of stuff and we're not painting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Slache said:

I have had the most exhausting day! Today has been much more pleasant than I imagined. Because the kids were so tired we slept a little late and got there a little late but it only took us 15 minutes to park and 5 minutes to get in. 

John's favorite ride is the Matterhorn, Mary's favorite ride is Pirates of the Caribbean and Alex's is Dumbo. My girlfriend with a really nasty case of fibromyalgia was here and she used a scooter so we didn't have to wait in line for very much.

Peter Pan was my favorite. This place is not magical and therefore magically disappointing but the kids are having a fantastic time and I'm really glad we came.

Alex almost cried when he met his lifelong hero Donald Duck. The entire time in line "Ug Onald peeeeeease. Ug Onald peeeeeease. Ug Onald peeeeeease. Ug Onald peeeeeease."

We were so busy ensuring that we did not lose Alex that we wound up losing the other two. Fortunately I knew I was such a bad mother that I trained them to take care of themselves well. They found another set of parents who helped them find a cast member which helped them call us. They got free churros and water for getting lost so if you want to feed your kids at Disneyland just lose them.

20190224_123518_HDR.jpg

Sounds like you are having a good time. That picture of Awix is exponentially adorable. No, it is not a magical place, but it is clean. I challenge you to find a piece of litter. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

Where do you live? I'll come do them while you regale me with family stories.

And why do I only notice the spelling mistakes right AFTER I hit save?

Oh, bless you!! Nobody around here has ever offered to do my dishes, as much as I have complained. I live in California, and my kids could entertain you for sure. They are quite entertaining.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KrissiK said:

Sounds like you are having a good time. That picture of Awix is exponentially adorable. No, it is not a magical place, but it is clean. I challenge you to find a piece of litter. 

The fireworks were amazing. I am so glad we made it back. Everyone loved it. When the frozen portion started it got cold. It was kind boggling.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ellie said:

So, Regina King gets the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress. I feel like I know her because I was a background actor on two of her TV series, American Crime and the Leftovers.

And that's all I got about the Oscars. I didn't even know that was tonight until it was over. 🙂

So, I think that makes you kind of famous, too. It’s almost like... you also got an Oscar.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

The fireworks were amazing. I am so glad we made it back. Everyone loved it. When the frozen portion started it got cold. It was kind boggling.

Have you guys done “A Bug’s Life” in California Adventure. That one is pretty cool in terms of atmospheric effects. So is “Soaring” in California Adventure. From a design and engineering standpoint, that place is amazing. Truly amazing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Have you guys done “A Bug’s Life” in California Adventure. That one is pretty cool in terms of atmospheric effects. So is “Soaring” in California Adventure. From a design and engineering standpoint, that place is amazing. Truly amazing.

No park hoppers. Disney yesterday, CA today.

• Like 4

Good morning. Because dd can’t ever leave us without medical bills, she hit her head while ice skating on Saturday night . Rested yesterday. Only told me last night that she’s having headaches since the fall. Taking her to chiropractor and pediatrician today. If it is a concussion, it isn’t severe. No school until we figure out how severe things are. I take brain rest (and head injuries) seriously. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Good morning. Because dd can’t ever leave us without medical bills, she hit her head while ice skating on Saturday night . Rested yesterday. Only told me last night that she’s having headaches since the fall. Taking her to chiropractor and pediatrician today. If it is a concussion, it isn’t severe. No school until we figure out how severe things are. I take brain rest (and head injuries) seriously. 

:nods head:  Yep.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have accomplished a few Things.  I still feel like I should be panicking about something.  I did figure out a convenient way to do music theory lessons for the children's choir that starts up next week.  We have a magnetic white board that I can make a staff on with black tape and then cut out and laminate circles of black paper and stick a little magnet on the back.  Then I can use it with the magnetic "notes" and also use dry erase markers.  Also, I won't have to free-hand a staff every week on the big classroom white board and can keep the smaller board in the storage room for the rest of the week.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Junie said:

I've been having a lot of trouble getting this thread to work.  Waaah!

It was just acting up a little bit for me too.  Went to the new page and it wouldn't load.  Ended up shutting down the forum and reopening.

Home with my feet up.  Today went well.  The new school procedure for the kids went well.  All my classes went well.  Tutoring went well.  I have to work on preparing Wednesdays classes tonight since I have my Tech Tuesday tomorrow night.  But other than that I can relax.   

It was super windy today.   My parking signs - metal signs in 5 gallon buckets full of concrete and dirt - kept blowing over.  Lots of trees down in the area but we're good.  

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Tell me what to cook for dinner tonight.  Has to be low-carb(ish).  And no dairy.  And gluten free (though I can make most things work).  And yummy. 

I threw a chicken in the oven to roast. I added carrots and potatoes and drizzled with olive oil and seasoned. And then we will have green beans with bacon and sauteed mushrooms. I will not eat the potatoes and carrots.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Slache said:

Yes. Slightly more expensive than we wanted. We're going from 850sqft to 1,300 sqft. We're gaining 3 closets and a den. Playground, pool, 25hr fitness center. Decentish area.

What part of San Antonio?

I worked at Randolph AFB years ago, we lived on that side of town.

• Like 1

Good evening errybody. 

We had gale force winds all day today, power and interwebs got knocked out, and so I had to go to Barnes and Noble to do my online tutoring sessions. It was kinda nice!

And now I am peacefully sitting on couch doing research for the class I'll be teaching in the summer, while the children sleep off three consecutive days of sleepovers. Very glad tomorrow is a Dad School day, so I don't have to be the one cracking the whip.

• Like 7

Good Tuesday Morning!  So nice to sleep in a bit.  Coffee!  (But might have to make fresh.)  

Y'all are making me want to read Up From Slavery.  

Most of our outsourced classes have spring break in a couple weeks.  I can't wait.  I'm ready now.  

Ikslo, yay for doing school!  Keep it streamlined!

Jean, how is EP today?  How long does it take to recover from whiplash?

• Like 3