Menu

Ignore this thread!

9 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Dd12 is having an amazing experience so far in Scouts.  Her patrol is made up of girls who seem to get along well.  

Also, Toto, some of my kids are questioning the legitimacy of conjuring an army of sword-wielding squirrels in D&D.  I said I would ask you.  :biggrin:

If they have a spell that would legitimately conjure sword-wielding squirrels, sure.   😆

Evidently it's been done:

Circle Of The Squirrel
“Suffer the little creatures, for they may yet rise up and beat you senseless”

Squirrel
Tiny beast, unaligned
Skills Perception +3 Acrobatics +4
Senses passive Perception 13
Languages -
Challenge 0 (10 xp)
Bite. Melee weapon attack: +0 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 1 piercing damage.

Giant Squirrel
Medium beast, unaligned
Languages -
Challenge 1/4 (50 xp)
Bite. Melee weapon attack: +3 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 4 (1d6+1) piercing damage.

Swarm of Squirrels
Medium swarm of Tiny beast, unaligned
Damage Resistances bludgeoning, piercing, slashing
Condition Immunities charmed, frightened, paralyzed, 
petrified, prone, restrained, stunned
Languages -
Challenge 1/4 (50 xp)
Actions
Bite. Melee weapon attack: +3 to hit, reach 0 ft., one target in the swarms space.
Hit: 8 (2d6+1), or 4 (1d6+1) piercing damage if the swarm has half its hit points or fewer

Squirrel King
Large beast, unaligned
Skills Perception +4 Acrobatics +4
Senses passive Perception 14
Languages -
Challenge 1 (200 xp)
Bite. Melee weapon attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target.
Hit: 12 (3d6+3) piercing damage.

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Morning. Three chapters. I need tea. I think the boy broke my desk chair, but will send out inquiries first because it may just have died. It will no longer hold it's position and sinks to deep low whenever I sit in it. I certainly need my caffeine first before tackling the investigation.

• Like 6

In better news, my homeschooling by wolves approach during revision seems to be working. I caught the boy with all his old math tests the other day. Asked him what he was up to. He said, "Oh, I just wanted to make a line graph to see how I'm doing. So far, looks like I'm about average."

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

I haven't been able to get here until now.  Always the error code.

Thanks, Toto!  I will assure dd12 that she was in the right, despite skepticism from other players.  I don't know anything about D&D - it was absolutely forbidden in my house growing up.

I have a $5 credit on Kindle for some reason.  What should I buy?  I fear that I will squander my good fortune.  When I go to the Kindle store I get overwhelmed.

• Like 4

Good morning! Ish.

Roughly 5 minutes after I posted last night, the power went back out again and has remained out. Roused the kids, went for breakfast because we have nothing but ingredients in the house and no way to cook them, and now we are at Barnes and Noble again.

I am very tired, and cranky because we ordered orange juice at the breakfast place without thinking to price it on the menu first, and well, they charged $3 for each 6-ounce glass of juice. And another $3 for my GF bun. In all, we wound up spending about as much as I expect to make today, just on breakfast. So that's kind of a demoralizing way to start the day.

General plan for Office Time is to continue researching the summer course and also to reach out to a couple of former students to see if they'd be interested in taking up classes again. And to try to regain my good mood somehow. [insert cranky emoji]

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Slache said:

Last day. My feet don't wanna. Magical morning (early entrance), doing the things we missed Sunday, getting souvenirs, watching the 3:30 parade and coming back. Tomorrow we drive to El Paso, Thursday we drive to San Antonio and unload the pods.

You can do it, Slashie!!! How did you like Soaring???

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Good Tuesday Morning!  So nice to sleep in a bit.  Coffee!  (But might have to make fresh.)  

Y'all are making me want to read Up From Slavery.  

Most of our outsourced classes have spring break in a couple weeks.  I can't wait.  I'm ready now.  

Ikslo, yay for doing school!  Keep it streamlined!

Jean, how is EP today?  How long does it take to recover from whiplash?

I think you would enjoy the book!!! It is very interesting, thoughtful and clips along at a good pace.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Dd12 is having an amazing experience so far in Scouts.  Her patrol is made up of girls who seem to get along well.  

Also, Toto, some of my kids are questioning the legitimacy of conjuring an army of sword-wielding squirrels in D&D.  I said I would ask you.  :biggrin:

I think an army of sword wielding squirrels is something we definitely need on the ITT!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Slache said:

Last day. My feet don't wanna. Magical morning (early entrance), doing the things we missed Sunday, getting souvenirs, watching the 3:30 parade and coming back. Tomorrow we drive to El Paso, Thursday we drive to San Antonio and unload the pods.

Go feet, go!  You can do it!

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Power is back on at home, hooray! Here's hoping it stays that way.

Successfully lured one former student back in. Read about 50 more pages of the book and took some notes. Calculated quarterly churn rates for the tutoring business, then decided it probably makes more sense to calculate monthly, since not all students make it a full quarter before giving up. Feel productive, which is a good way of lifting my mood after Overpriced Breakfast. 😄

• Like 6

Ok, got phone calls done. Svengo. Dr. Appointment made for Thursday for second opinion, called the imaging place and they faxed the ultrasound results to my GP, while I was on the phone with them, rescheduled my eye-doctor appointment and they got me in this afternoon on a cancellation. I don’t know how I feel about that. I guess it needs to be done. My left eye is having issues,

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Hi. I am watching Father Brown. 

I am watching The Umbrella Academy while I exercise on my glider.  It's taking a long time to get through the series.  Otherwise I started watching Endeavor a bit at night.  After doing my reading - The Mill on the Floss.  I am having a hard time getting into the story, but I'm only 1/5 of the way into it, so I will keep going.  I really want to like it.

I need to make a picnic dinner for the kids, then we are off to youth orchestra.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I am watching The Umbrella Academy while I exercise on my glider.  It's taking a long time to get through the series.  Otherwise I started watching Endeavor a bit at night.  After doing my reading - The Mill on the Floss.  I am having a hard time getting into the story, but I'm only 1/5 of the way into it, so I will keep going.  I really want to like it.

I need to make a picnic dinner for the kids, then we are off to youth orchestra.

I saw that pop up on my Netflix list.  What is it about?  What genre? 

• Haha 2

The kids had an amazing time! We did almost everything everybody wanted to do which I think is pretty great for Disneyland. The first two days were pretty much go go go, but today when Alex found out we were going back to Disneyland he cried and much of the day was spent resting.

John got a Mickey decked out for 2019, Mary got a Tiana (princess and the frog) and Alex got Minnie and Mickey stuffed keychains. They all got beignets. Guess what our family's favorite Disney movie is.

This hotel is used to sell meth and prostitution so we're glad to leave. I saw maybe a 16 year old with one tooth this morning. Talk about heartbreaking.

Tomorrow is El Paso.

• Like 4

Good Morning, Coffee, etc.  The girls and I are stealing a page from Jean's play book.  We're going to take school on the road after they practice violin/piano.  I'm also treating them to breakfast while we're out.  Because February.  

Slache - pretend I went to the trouble to find the youtube clip and post it for "On the Road Again....."

M25A - Just saw your request.  I'll try to look on Amazon, but the forum is so wonky there's no guarantee I'll make it back again, lol.

Paradox - if you don't school year round, I would just throw some books at them and tell them you want summaries or outlines twice a week.  It's too late to start something new and even though I used to think shiny would help my February, it never did.  Think simpler.  Think fewer subjects, fewer moving parts, fewer resources, fewer assignments.  Think what can we get done tomorrow and the next day and the next day. Think, what is most important and drop peripherals/electives.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Slache said:

As much as I complain about my husband, when it comes to hard stuff everything I lack he makes up for in dividend.

That's why we keep 'em around, lol.  😂

ETA:  It's a "can't live with em, can't live without em" Booyah!  

(And I think my emo stayed normal size?)  

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

That's why we keep 'em around, lol.  😂

ETA:  It's a "can't live with em, can't live without em" Booyah!  

(And I think my emo stayed normal size?)  

I'd be ok if he lived next door, I think.

Yes, normal size.

1 minute ago, Susan in TN said:

Hey Slachey, I hope you've had a wonderful time!  :wub:

Good night!  Perhaps the forums will be all cleared of Gremlins while we sleep.

Apparently not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Good morning!

Did I post that 75 times?  Are the gremlins gone?

Have a safe and song-filled trip today, Slache & Co.!

Today I have grocery shopping, lessons, Hobby Lobby stop, and drop off the kids at youth group after an early dinner.  The kids need to get together and run through their quartet music for the Old Lady Party on Friday.  I need to practice a couple tricky spots in my orchestra music.  I need to write out the budget for March.

Coffee!

• Like 3