Menu

Ignore this thread!

Ok, last doctor’s appointment done. My GP, who I adore. You know, I really am fortunate to have health care professionals who I love. At least a few of them. My dermatologist is definitely BFF material, if she wasn’t my doctor. And my GP is incredible, too. She just sits and listens to you.

Anyhow, she is in the “the stress of the past several years probably sent you into early menopause, and now your body is saying, ‘I’m not done yet’” Camp. Everything she (and my gynecologist sister-in-law) said just made sense to me. So, there you have it. I’m laying this whole thing to rest.

• Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Welcome home!  :smile:

Is all your stuff there?  Is your new place so fabulous?

All of our stuff is sitting on the street waiting for the movers.

The place is really nice but they told us that there was a washer and dryer and there's not. I have spent the last few hours tracking down a $300 washer and dryer from some serial killer on Craigslist. The movers are going to bring it upstairs for us in exchange for some pizzas.

There was a cockroach in the living room when I got here. Matt did not handle that well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, JoJosMom said:

Dogs are wonderful. But the part when you are monitoring quality of life on a daily basis is hard. Especially when you know that both of your friends won't be around much longer. 😞

Yeah.  That's hard.

I was thinking about my childhood puppy the other day and was looking up different dog breeds.  My parents had been told that she was a rat/cairn terrier mix, but she really didn't look like one.  She DID look exactly like a Jack Russel/chihuahua mix.  

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

All of our stuff is sitting on the street waiting for the movers.

The place is really nice but they told us that there was a washer and dryer and there's not. I have spent the last few hours tracking down a $300 washer and dryer from some serial killer on Craigslist. The movers are going to bring it upstairs for us in exchange for some pizzas.

There was a cockroach in the living room when I got here. Matt did not handle that well.

Is "washer and dryer" in print anywhere?  On the website?  'Cause then THEY need to be dealing with the serial killer.  Where are your movers?  Do they need a "motivating" phone call?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Is "washer and dryer" in print anywhere?  On the website?  'Cause then THEY need to be dealing with the serial killer.  Where are your movers?  Do they need a "motivating" phone call?

Only in select units. I asked her over the phone if they were in that unit and she said yes. I'm assuming it was a miscommunication on one of our parts.

We were not serial killed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Okay. I'm in the bathtub. Everything hurts. Matt is at HEB getting dinner and then me and the kids are going to bed. He wants to stay up and get the last two feet of stuff inside but I want him to come to bed. I think by the time he finishes eating I will have won. I made my step goal today and the three days at Disneyland, but not yesterday. It's butt.

• Like 5

Good morning!

Willy_Nilly!

We have four very important days right in a row coming up  - Pi(e) Day on the 14th, The ITT's 3rd Anniversary on the 15th, Lynn's birthday on the 16th, and St. Patrick's Day on the 17th.  Whew.  Thats a LOT of partying!

Dd20 finds out today if she gets a second interview for an RA position next year.

My supplies came in this morning, so I am frantically working on getting things done.  Just two more children's choir song lyrics to write on posterboard, magnetic music notes to finish, and 3 more music theory lessons to write and print out.  We need to send out an email.  I need dh to get a playlist ready.  I wonder if there is a way to get a custom poster made and inexpensively just get one or two copies of it?  It would save me a lot of time hand lettering lyrics.

Last night my quartet friend gave me the list of music the bride wants for the wedding, most of which is not written for string quartet.  Two pieces we can play fine, except they are with a singer and we don't know what key she can sing them in.  Kinda important.  Also the recessional is a pop song and I'm supposed to "see what I can do with it" i.e. listen to it on YouTube and arrange it.  Oy.  I don't know that it's  workable for string quartet.  We'll see.  Two pieces she hasn't chosen yet.  The wedding is a week from tomorrow.  willy. nilly.

More Coffee!

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Last night my quartet friend gave me the list of music the bride wants for the wedding, most of which is not written for string quartet.  Two pieces we can play fine, except they are with a singer and we don't know what key she can sing them in.  Kinda important.  Also the recessional is a pop song and I'm supposed to "see what I can do with it" i.e. listen to it on YouTube and arrange it.  Oy.  I don't know that it's  workable for string quartet.  We'll see.  Two pieces she hasn't chosen yet.  The wedding is a week from tomorrow.  willy. nilly.

More Coffee!

Oh mercy, Susan. You just tell that Bride you’ll be playing Pachabel’s Canon and Bach’s Air on the G String and if she doesn’t like that well then.... she can have a talk with the ENB.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1