Menu

Ignore this thread!

Hello ITT friends, 'member me? :ph34r:

It's been an absolutely crazy half-year of trying to juggle homeschool with job, and job gradually taking over more and more until Hubby said...

"Why don't I take over the homeschool a couple days a week?"

Well... why shouldn't he? I was getting burnt out anyway.

So now Tuesday/Thursday are office days for me, and the kids have Dad School, and maybe DD won't complete WWS this year and DS won't get to the end of Physics for the Logic Stage, but they are getting Dad Time and he's bringing his set of skills to the task (very different from mine!) and I think they'll end up better off for it.

And today I thought, "Hey I remember I used to have fun on the WTM forums back before work took over my life." And here I am! Nice to see you all! And I'm so sorry about the doggy 😞

• Like 13

It must be a bad week for ITT old pets. Our old Shadow suddenly began panting,  pacing, and behaving anxiously this morning.  He's the stray I saw get hit by a car 10 1/2 years ago. The vet estimated his age that time as 6 or 7. I gave him half a Tramadol about half an hour ago, with no effect.  Jo and I are supposed to leave at 6 in the morning on a school visit. 

I'm having a bad, bad day.

• Like 1
  • Sad 8

41 minutes ago, egao_gakari said:

Hello ITT friends, 'member me? :ph34r:

It's been an absolutely crazy half-year of trying to juggle homeschool with job, and job gradually taking over more and more until Hubby said...

"Why don't I take over the homeschool a couple days a week?"

Well... why shouldn't he? I was getting burnt out anyway.

So now Tuesday/Thursday are office days for me, and the kids have Dad School, and maybe DD won't complete WWS this year and DS won't get to the end of Physics for the Logic Stage, but they are getting Dad Time and he's bringing his set of skills to the task (very different from mine!) and I think they'll end up better off for it.

And today I thought, "Hey I remember I used to have fun on the WTM forums back before work took over my life." And here I am! Nice to see you all! And I'm so sorry about the doggy 😞

Welcome back!

Are you liking the job?

• Like 2

Medpo question, I need to know if I'm having a panic attack, stroke or what?  Today Dh and I got into an argument and my heart started pounding (no surprise there) but, I could feel it my ear, only on my left side though.  My arm started hurting, the left side but, there's no slurred speech, no blurry vision, no nothing else.  FTR, I do get yearly check ups so if I'd had a stroke, would my Dr see it?

This is happened before several times and I thought it was my blood pressure but, I'm taking BP meds and I do take them every single day without fail.

Edited by mama25angels
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Medpo question, I need to know if I'm having a panic attack, stroke or what?  Today Dh and I got into an argument and my heart started pounding (no surprise there) but, I could feel it my ear, only on my left side though.  My arm started hurting, the left side but, there's no slurred speech, no blurry vision, no nothing else.  FTR, I do get yearly check ups so if I'd had a stroke, would my Dr see it?

This is happened before several times and I thought it was my blood pressure but, I'm taking BP meds and I do take them every single day without fail.

My DH has had this happen with anxiety a couple times. One time the entire left side of his body suddenly felt (to him) as if it were wet and cold, covered with IcyHot, and his left pupil dilated to twice the size of the right. We got him an EKG and a 24 hour heart monitor test and there were no abnormalities. The anxiety forums seemed to indicate that it's something that starts happening all of the sudden when people with a history of panic attacks reach their 30's-40s. We know so, so little about the interaction between mind and body.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, egao_gakari said:

My DH has had this happen with anxiety a couple times. One time the entire left side of his body suddenly felt (to him) as if it were wet and cold, covered with IcyHot, and his left pupil dilated to twice the size of the right. We got him an EKG and a 24 hour heart monitor test and there were no abnormalities. The anxiety forums seemed to indicate that it's something that starts happening all of the sudden when people with a history of panic attacks reach their 30's-40s. We know so, so little about the interaction between mind and body.

Thank you!  I guess I'll call my doctor tomorrow and see what she has to say.  Sigh, just one more thing they'll want to give me a pill for!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

I had a reaction to the antibiotic on top of getting the flu. Now I'm covered from head to toe in itchty spots and coughing. Benedryl is my friend!

Slache, ya'll made down here ok? Settling in? How goes your dh's job hunt?

We get there the 28th.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Krissi, Did you survive your day?

Slache, Do you have *any* sanity left?  Does Matt?

I barely survived.  Here's the report:

1) Dermatologist. Great check-up. No henky moles. Did I mention I love my dermatologist?

Since I got out of there waaaaay before my other appointment, I took jeans back to Target and spent more $ on picture frames at Home Goods.

2) Gynecologist. Ugh! It's the pre-op for that D&C.  Ok, I'm getting a second and third opinion. I am just not convinced.  I know I am not a doctor, but.... she did all those tests before and there was nothing remarkable. But she just wants to be 100% sure there is no cancer, even though I don't have family history or anything like that. I am not high risk.  And it will cost me $10,500.  We have Medi-Share and for the most part, it has worked great. But one thing they frown on is stuff like this..... if I had had an abnormal pap or the ultrasound showed something, or the endometrial biopsy they did showed something, then.... ok. The only thing is that I had two cycles post-menopause. And when I brought up that I had been under extreme stress at the time because of DS, she admitted that it could have caused my hormones to go out of wack.  So, I am going to run this by my GP and consult with my SIL who is an OB/GYN and I really respect her as a professional.

3) DMV. Ugh!!!! I swear, that place is like a third-world country. And the poor gal who was trying to help me had no idea what I was talking about.  The guy (DMV employee) who worked right next to her got what I was saying no problem and had to explain it to her. And she still wanted to charge me $36 and I'm standing there holding the copy of my canceled check in front of her face. She literally had no idea what the term "cancelled check" meant. It was unbelievable.  Fortunately, the guy next to her straightened things out and I am now a legal driver in the state of California.

4) Meeting with homeschool charter teacher. Went fine. No problems!

• Like 6