Menu

Ignore this thread!

7 hours ago, egao_gakari said:

Hello ITT friends, 'member me? :ph34r:

It's been an absolutely crazy half-year of trying to juggle homeschool with job, and job gradually taking over more and more until Hubby said...

"Why don't I take over the homeschool a couple days a week?"

Well... why shouldn't he? I was getting burnt out anyway.

So now Tuesday/Thursday are office days for me, and the kids have Dad School, and maybe DD won't complete WWS this year and DS won't get to the end of Physics for the Logic Stage, but they are getting Dad Time and he's bringing his set of skills to the task (very different from mine!) and I think they'll end up better off for it.

And today I thought, "Hey I remember I used to have fun on the WTM forums back before work took over my life." And here I am! Nice to see you all! And I'm so sorry about the doggy 😞

Hey, EG. Welcome back!!!! Very good to see you!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Juliet is putting her herding dog skills to good use as a bunny herder.  When the wascally wabbits get loose in the bedroom where they aren't supposed to go, we send Juliet in after them and she dutifully herds them out.  If we go after them, the bunnies thump in irritation and hide under the bed. 

Good girl, Juliet!

• Like 3

I'm up and already behind schedule. I'm hoping to leave at 6. Cross your fingers.

The tramadol finally kicked in, and Shadow seems okay. Cross your fingers that everything stays stable over the weekend. There's an emergency vet on duty all weekend, just in case. 😞

I am not looking forward to 8+ hours of driving. Wah. BUT we're staying at the fancy-schmancy historic hotel that the Boo goggled at when she was at math camp and it's a surprise, so I'm looking forward to that. 🙂

• Like 8

Good morning!

All By Myself!  <trophy emoji>  You all get 7223 points!

It's raining.

Coffee!

Coffee Booyah!

COFFEE!!☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️☕️

And this is the best Booya/h in the whole world because it is a COFFEE Booya/h!! (Imagine, if you will, yours truly planting a flag that says "Booya/h" in big, bold letters and a cup of COFFEE under it! on the Rocky summit of.... The tall craggy mountain in the middle of the ITT Island, where we have our lodge. This lodge is in the middle of a forest with hardwood floors and throw rugs and huge stone fireplaces and wrap around porches with comfy Adirondack chairs. This is what I'm talking about.) (I think my imagination is getting the better of me).  
KrissiK Documentation of the ITT Flag 5/1/2017
Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Good morning, I had a frustratingly, terrifying night.  I couldn't get my BP to stay down, finally at midnight I took another of my BP pills and it eventually went down and stayed down but, I was afraid to go to sleep for a good long while.  I don't have a clue as to what it was I did to raise it especially so high.  I'm making sure to exercise (walk as much as possible), eat as well as possible, thanks to Angi and drink plenty of water. I see a trip to my primary in my immediate future maybe, today, I don't want another night like last night.

• Sad 6

7 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Good morning, I had a frustratingly, terrifying night.  I couldn't get my BP to stay down, finally at midnight I took another of my BP pills and it eventually went down and stayed down but, I was afraid to go to sleep for a good long while.  I don't have a clue as to what it was I did to raise it especially so high.  I'm making sure to exercise (walk as much as possible), eat as well as possible, thanks to Angi and drink plenty of water. I see a trip to my primary in my immediate future maybe, today, I don't want another night like last night.

What about sodium intake?  I think you should call today!  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, egao_gakari said:

Good morning!

Working on coffee.

Working on motivation.

On the plus side, each kid has 3 sleepovers in a row starting tonight so... weekend without kids booyah? Is that how you do booyah? Or is it a sarcastic kind of booyah?

Motivation - same here.  I was just going to post that I have a serious case of "don't wanna."  But I might be accused of crying wolf too many times, lol.

Booyahs are usually reserved for top of the page, but who cares?  I would totally booyah for a weekend alone!

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Motivation - same here.  I was just going to post that I have a serious case of "don't wanna."  But I might be accused of crying wolf too many times, lol.

Booyahs are usually reserved for top of the page, but who cares?  I would totally booyah for a weekend alone!

Ooooh I get it! It would have taken me so long to figure out that pattern!

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, egao_gakari said:

Good morning!

Working on coffee.

Working on motivation.

On the plus side, each kid has 3 sleepovers in a row starting tonight so... weekend without kids booyah? Is that how you do booyah? Or is it a sarcastic kind of booyah?

It's booya, not booyah. 

Thank you.

-The Original Booya Babe

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Morning!  It's Friday!  Which just means my week "off" is coming to an end and I haven't done nearly enough of my to-do list.  

We have Dungeons & Dragons this afternoon, then I have a Mom's Night Out tonight.   Other than that, it's dishes and some clean-up.  

So, checking out the times and prices for kick-boxing and TKD at dd's tkd place, I'm not sure.   It's expensive, but reasonable if I went often enough.  But, we already know of some scheduling conflicts due to 4-H, my tech tuesday job, MNO, KNO, etc.   And the times work with my schedule but aren't great with my motivation -  most are 7pm.  Which is a time I'm usually crashing, not eager to get up and move.   And none are back-to-back with dd's classes so it would mean taking her there, picking her up, then going back myself an hour later.  It's not far (15 minutes) but still.    The adult TKD class is just once a week and is $40/month.  Which again isn't bad if you go often enough but KNO and MNO, each of which I do once a month, would interfere.   So, for now it looks like it's not worth it.  Darn.  

I'm trying to talk dh into getting me a heavy bag and stand to put in a corner of the science center to use whenever I want.  But he doesn't think there's room, so if anyone has ideas for smaller space ideas (I've seen some things that attach to doorways or walls? anyone familiar with?).   The Y has one bag in the gym but it's too light even for me.   

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, egao_gakari said:

LOL thanks for the correction! I have so much to learn about ITT culture. [insert emoji]

26 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Don't pay any attention to that.  There are plenty of us in the Booyah camp.  

Yeah, and some of us just straddle the fence with a Booya/h. You do what you like!!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Juliet is putting her herding dog skills to good use as a bunny herder.  When the wascally wabbits get loose in the bedroom where they aren't supposed to go, we send Juliet in after them and she dutifully herds them out.  If we go after them, the bunnies thump in irritation and hide under the bed. 

We were at a farm once where they had a dog herding the chickens!! It was hilarious!!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Slache said:

I am in bed before midnight! Mary and I have fevers. This mattress is awful. I don't think any of the showers in California were designed to accommodate my height.

GOOD NIGHT!

Yeah, you don’t want to stay here any longer than you have to. Everything is coming apart at the seams.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Slache said:

I FERJOT YOU WERE HERE! Are you near Vallejo or Anaheim? If so then PM me! Unless you're insanely busy. If so I get it.

I’m afraid I am no where near Vallejo or Anaheim. Too bad you didn’t plan your trip for a few days earlier. DH was in Anaheim at the beginning of the week. We could have met you at Disneyland. I’m near Fresno, and I am assuming you are driving down The I-5. If you wanted to see me, you’d have to drive across the Valley to the 99, which is a washboard of a freeway. Just like the rest of this state, forget the infrastructure, let’s spend our $ on stupid thing. (Sorry, I know we can’t talk politics here). You have got a long and very stressful day of driving ahead of you (driving over the Grapevine and into the LA basin gives me an anxiety attack every time and DH is an excellent driver), so I won’t suggest you add several hours and hundreds of miles to come visit me. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I’m afraid I am no where near Vallejo or Anaheim. Too bad you didn’t plan your trip for a few days earlier. DH was in Anaheim at the beginning of the week. We could have met you at Disneyland. I’m near Fresno, and I am assuming you are driving down The I-5. If you wanted to see me, you’d have to drive across the Valley to the 99, which is a washboard of a freeway. Just like the rest of this state, forget the infrastructure, let’s spend our $ on stupid thing. (Sorry, I know we can’t talk politics here). You have got a long and very stressful day of driving ahead of you (driving over the Grapevine and into the LA basin gives me an anxiety attack every time and DH is an excellent driver), so I won’t suggest you add several hours and hundreds of miles to come visit me. 

Bummer. I wanted to see Renai but it would add 5 hours to a 12 hour day. :sad:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Do you get to see The Mouse today?

Nope. Soon.

Thursday: To Vallejo (10 hrs)
Friday: With Dad
Saturday: To Anaheim (6 hrs)
Sunday: Mouse
Monday: CA Adventure
Tuesday: Mouse
Wednesday: To El Paso (12 hrs)