Menu

Ignore this thread!

I had to kill off two of the players at D&D Friday.  They were mocking and teasing ds so I decided their characters were being too loud sneaking up on an orc, who called in additional orcs and an ogre.   I've warned them that if they continued not taking things seriously, I was going to get harder on them.  These are older kids (11/12).  The younger kids are actually much better at taking things seriously (along with ds).  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not that there's anything wrong with talking to myself.  I'm one of those people who thinks things out by talking about them.  And Dh generally doesn't want to listen to me talk about something, making the same points over and over again.  He'll listen once but unless it's something really major, that's enough for him.  So sometimes I just talk to myself.  Or write it out to myself.  Or muse about it here I guess.  

• Haha 4

Our new turtle Flop is super social.  He swims to the side of the tank and pokes his head up when you walk near.   Sometimes it's because he's hungry and he'll take food out of your hand.  Dh picked him up some treats today.  Dried bugs - meal worms, flies and who knows what.  Kind of gross.   I need to figure out what kind of fruit and veggies he likes.  So far he doesn't seem to care for carrot, celery or apple.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

What's everyone's favorite chocolate?   Like regardless of price or difficulty in finding it.  What is your dream chocolate?

I like Ghiardelli with the caramel and dark chocolate.  Or Dove with the caramel and dark chocolate.  Or Goobers.  Or the Ricker Sport dark chocolate with hazelnuts.  

Caramel and nuts are my weakness.

• Like 3

We had friends over for dinner.  It was awesome to catch up because we hadn't since Christmas or before?  Anyway.  I made lasagna and it was awesome if I do say so myself.  

Favorite-ish dessert - I agree that Ghirardelli dark chocolate anything is pretty great!.  I also like dark chocolate pretzel bark.  But sometimes I don't want chocolate.  Sometimes I want Key Lime Pie.  Or Mixed Berry Pie.  Or Blackberry Cobbler.  Or something Lemon.  Yummy!!!!  

• Like 5

And yes, instead of getting up from my chair when I heard what sounded like rain,  I went to the noaa website and looked at the weather report.  100% chance of rain, so I'm going with that as what I heard and not getting up to check.  I'd have to get up, go to a window, AND turn on an outside light cause its dark.  cause it's 10:39pm.  and i'm still not asleep.   or in bed.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

What's everyone's favorite chocolate?   Like regardless of price or difficulty in finding it.  What is your dream chocolate?

I like Ghiardelli with the caramel and dark chocolate.  Or Dove with the caramel and dark chocolate.  Or Goobers.  Or the Ricker Sport dark chocolate with hazelnuts.  

Caramel and nuts are my weakness.

I had some Belgian chocolate that was a serious five sneeze chocolate. Amazing. 

But I like chocolate with caramel, peanut butter, mint, and secretly, I'm pretty fond of chocolate with coconut. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

I'm reading the latest In Death, then I need to read Fahrenheit 451 so I can discuss it with dd on Friday when she finishes it.  It wasn't that long ago I read it, but when I was looking at discussion questions I realized I didn't remember it that well.  At least not the details.

Just have her email Jo and discuss it. It's her favorite book, and she has long passages memorized. 

You could call it socialization.  😉

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Sunday!!!

My allergies are raging this morning!! Yesterday, after we got back from that Missions in your Backyard thing (which was great), I worked in the yard all afternoon. I tackled some overgrown viney stuff on the fence and overgrown groundcover. I got rid of it all and things look so much better, but It was all soooooo dusty. I took a shower and scrubbed my hair, but I am still almost dying. Not really dying, per ITT regulations, but almost.....

Church this morning!!!

My sister-in-law is calling me this afternoon for a phone consult about that D&C. She’s so sweet. I told her I didn’t want special treatment and all, i’d Come in to her office, but she said she’d call.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Coffee!

Yay, Susan surived the storm. I was picturing you fighting the winds to check on rising creek levels.

I love ELO. I was letting You-tube choose my play-list the other day and this song came up. I hadn’t heard that one in ages.

• Like 2

Could y'all pray for my husband's brother and his family? BiL was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer last week, started chemotherapy this week and had a stroke later the same day. We went to see him at the hospital yesterday, he is actually making good progress with recovering from the stroke (he can move, and can say a couple of words) but obviously the overall prognosis is not good. I am heartbroken for his wife and kids. And for my husband too who has always particularly loved and admired his older brother.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5