Menu

Ignore this thread!

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Hi.  I am only reaching my stepgoal a couple of nights a week now.  I have good self control but really cold plus still ice and snow on the ground - especially sidewalks which have not been cleared, makes it tricky in the dark.  And I can't always make it to the Y before they close.  I feel like those are excuses but I was only able to make my step goals for over a year when I was walking outside sometimes at 10 and 11 pm. 

Maybe you shouldn't have moved to Alaska then. Your step goal is about your health but what are the long term effects of breaking your leg? Do what is right and ignore everything else.

Unrelated:

20190223_031552.jpg

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Hi.  I am only reaching my stepgoal a couple of nights a week now.  I have good self control but really cold plus still ice and snow on the ground - especially sidewalks which have not been cleared, makes it tricky in the dark.  And I can't always make it to the Y before they close.  I feel like those are excuses but I was only able to make my step goals for over a year when I was walking outside sometimes at 10 and 11 pm. 

I only made step goal once this week - mainly due to head cold.  Today, I'm skipping the gym again to go to the AFSA because company for dinner tonight.  (Small chance I'll get them just cleaning, at the AFSA, and cooking.....)  I'm planning to get back on the wagon next week.  

• Like 2

Good morning!

It is raining.  

Dd12 has a Scout leadership training class in a little while and then dh and I may go look at cars.  Ds23 has been letting us borrow his car, so we aren't in an emergency mode for a vehicle.  I hate car shopping with dh.  He gets so stressed out, even when we are at a "no-haggle" dealership.

Coffee!

• Like 6

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Saturday!!!

I woke up too early this morning. And then I couldn’t fall back to sleep. So, I got up. 

This morning our church is doing this thing called Missions in Your Backyard. They have 4 service projects you can choose from and you spend the morning doing that and then we all meet for lunch. My family is doing a clean-up project at the school across the street and then we will walk down the Rails-to-Trals and clean that up, too. It should be fun.

• Like 6

Let's Kon Mari!

I just took a trash bag full of clothes to the basement and also a trash bag full of toys and books.  These will be going to Good Will.  Someday.

I've also set aside the My Little Ponies for my niece and put several boxes of stuff on the To Ebay shelves in the basement.

ETA:  Kon Mari Booyah!

Edited by Junie
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Happy Saturday.  Woke up too early after going to bed too late.   Workshop for today was cancelled due to lack of enrollment.  I had one student and mom and I talked and decided to cancel since it's a workshop that really needs at least 2 people (and it's more fun with other kids).  Then this morning I had someone text asking if there was room, but I  had already cancelled.  And someone put going on the facebook event but unless they also let me know, that usually doesn't mean anything.  I think people put "going" so they get the reminders.  

Oldest dd stopped by.  She had a registered letter from her insurance company because of a fender bender she got in.  Heavy rain, highway, she rear-ended the person in front of her who then rear-ended the person in front of them.  No real damage except a dented fender on the guy she hit.   The letter was about the claim saying she had $x limits and did she have any other insurance they should coordinate with.    Except the letter spelled her first and last names wrong (typo on the first name, common but completely off misspelling on the last name) and put her property damage limit at $100.    We looked up her policy online.  Her name is spelled correctly and her limit is $10,000 (makes more sense).   The same name as on the letter was online as the claims person.  I recommended she send an email so she has something in writing to this person letting them know they are an idiot (but putting it in a much nicer way).

Today - once I finish another cup of tea - dishes, laundry, work on classes, set up school (I may do this first because when I leave it to last, it's not getting done well), run out to AFSA for supplies for my Tech Tuesday this week and stuff for dd's latest cosplay costume, swing by the classroom to do some straightening.

I think dh is almost convinced I need to buy a freestanding heavy bag for kickboxing to keep at the science center so I can use it after classes.  Even the upgraded better bag would cost less than just two months of classes, and I could do it whenever I have time and not worry about someone else's schedule.  The science center is closer to home than the tkd place so even if I make deliberate trips just for that, it's easier.  

• Like 4

Paradox 5, I don't think it's too early at all, I would at least call and get info and make sure the realtor knew you were interested.

If we are truly all bff's, I really need one of you to keep me from going to Hobby Lobby!  I can live without clothes and food but, apparently going more than a week without new stationary or pens is impossible for me.  I need an intervention!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

DD went to swim.  I went to AFSA.  We came home and started working on the house.  Still need to finish the kitchen, vacuum the kitchen, (should mop the kitchen, but probably won't), clean the half bath.  I need to start on the lasagna in about an hour.  Ready. Set. Go!  

Oh, and my fitbit band broke so I ordered a new one from Amazon and it came today and I really like it!  It's metal with a magnetic clasp.  

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

DD went to swim.  I went to AFSA.  We came home and started working on the house.  Still need to finish the kitchen, vacuum the kitchen, (should mop the kitchen, but probably won't), clean the half bath.  I need to start on the lasagna in about an hour.  Ready. Set. Go!  

Oh, and my fitbit band broke so I ordered a new one from Amazon and it came today and I really like it!  It's metal with a magnetic clasp.  

Done!  🏆

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Raining, Susan?? How unusual!!

Dad gummit!! The emojis are huge again!!!!

(Insert laughing emojis here!!!!)

How is the creek looking??

The creek is still high, but the rain is taking a long lunch break, so it's gone down a bit.

5 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I don’t go car shopping with DH. He gets stressed out, too.

I tried to prep dh a bit - the cars are all decent and in our price range, there will be no haggling, we are not in a rush, and there is no such thing as a perfect car.

We did find a good one.  It's a 2010 Nissan Altima with low miles and clean carfax.  It is so fancy that you start the car by pushing a button. :D  We are both happy with it.  The previous owner had attached a silver Transformers symbol thing to the front and the salesman said he'd take it off, but we asked to keep it.  When they printed off the initial invoice, we noticed they added the doc fee, even though the website says the doc fee is included in the price.  So they took that off - the salesman said people rarely notice that.  ?  Good thing we read the fine print!  It was $700!

image.jpeg

• Like 5

I walked a 5k with Juliet.  Despite her very best attempts to make me go splat on an icy trail, I did not break a hip or even fall.  Juliet had a lovely time afterwards playing at the dog park.  A husky/shepherd mix there decided that he just adored me and would go roll in the icy mud and would them come and lean up against me.  I was covered in icy mud by the end.  I am now very very owie but I am trying to ignore it.  The more I move the less likely I will be to solidify into an immovable lump of owiness.  I also have tons of stuff like laundry to get done.  I am listening to the BBC Sherlock sound track to keep me going.  It's nice and dark and atmospheric. 

• Like 4

Winding down for the night but I accomplished quite a bit.   

Finally emptied the dryer, hung up what needed to be hung up, and threw the wash load into the dryer.  That was after restarting the dryer only 5 or 6 times.  

Went to AFSA with dd, bought what we needed.

Set up school for next week.  I decided that I needed to do that earlier in the weekend.  When I leave it for last, I either do it quickly and leave things out or I don't do it at all.  Combined with our new schedule of sitting down with the kids every day, should work better.   We're going to torture the kids by making them come to the science center every day.  They were already coming two full days and one half day.  Now they're going to come two full days and three half days.  It will make it easier for me to check their work, to get dd to TKD with their earlier schedule, and for dh to take ds to the Y after work.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

We are currently under a tornado watch, river flood advisory, river flood warning, flash flood watch, and flash flood warning.  Since it's dark out, we have to go out into the storm to check on the creek.

Susan... Aaack!! Willy nilly. Stay safe. Don't drive on treacherous roads. Don't take unnecessary risks. Don't go swimming in the sea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1