Menu

Ignore this thread!

8 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I hate making calls. I would rather chew my arm off. And knowing other people hate it actually doesn’t make me feel better. What would make me feel better is not having to call people. Fortunately, DS is at an age now where he can make a phone call for me, and he is one of those people who actually enjoys making calls. So, he calls for me.😂 Well, some calls he can’t make, but .... like when I had to call the piano teacher today to see if we had lessons... he did it.

Unfortunately my two kids that would actually be okay making phone calls feel the same way I do (my two dds).  My son would probably willingly make phone calls but he'd only enjoy it if he could be really weird about it.  He'd be perfect for answering spam calls. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Ok. The boys have taken the second / last load to the truck. I have a bunch of trash to take out and cleaning to do and he has to do a bunch of cooking. We might get to bed at a decent time tonight. I think we've been up past midnight the past three nights. Don't quote me on that, but I think so.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

That is why I made it a line-in-the-sand thing for ds21 to get a flu shot. 

👍  She says she is feeling better already, and her professor said they can set up a time for a make-up exam.  Next year she will get shots like crazy because she'll be doing clinicals.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I desperately need to learn Romanji. I thought Wok de sai, but I have no idea how to spell it. I can write it in kana. I put such an emphasis on proper kana because I didn't want to confuse it with the Spanish syllabary which looks the same as Romanji but is pronounced differently.

34 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

It makes me feel better to know that I am not alone in my phone-call phobia.  Also, it helps to see my fellow ITT call-making haters make calls and live to see another day. 🏆

Yes, but there is a prolonged recovery period, including Netflix and lots of COFFEE!!!~D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I only made one phone call today.  The one I didn't make was to get an appointment with a new PCP because I realized I haven't had a physical since dd10 was born and I don't think I've EVER had an actual PCP.  I had an OBGYN for a long time.  Then the midwife clinic.  And since then if I'm sick I go to the super awesome walk-in clinic near me.  I love that place.  But alas, I probably should have a regular doctor.  And I should get this bump on my hand checked out. And the PCP will send me to the walk-in clinic to get an xray.  🙄

• Like 3

I helped the littles clean out their room today.  We are actually getting rid of a lot of stuff.  One bag was trash.  One bag of stuffies to go to the basement because they don't want to permanently get rid of them.  A bag of Christmas stuffies that I convinced them to keep with the Christmas decorations instead of taking up so much space in their room.  A whole box (like 100) My Little Ponies. :svengo:  All of the Doc McStuffins toys.

Some of the toys are for Goodwill.  Some for ebay.  Some for my niece.  And some to keep for grandchildren.

I am pleased with the progress.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I desperately need to learn Romanji. I thought Wok de sai, but I have no idea how to spell it. I can write it in kana. I put such an emphasis on proper kana because I didn't want to confuse it with the Spanish syllabary which looks the same as Romanji but is pronounced differently.

What are you trying to say?

6 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Your cubic footage is the envy of the entire hive!

Time for seeps?

I took a short nap. Time for cleaning and baking.

5 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I have lots of stuff. I like lots of stuff so that probably explains it. 

I hate stuff. Stuff are bad.

• Like 2

I have shorn Libby. She is scared of the clippers and she can’t stand for more than a few seconds so the “shearing “ is actually done by scissors. So it looks choppy. But oh well. My main focus is keeping her feet taken care of so that she can walk (or flop) down the hall in comfort and wirh maximum traction. And taking care of mats. And making it so that the vet can examine her easily. Actually typing that out makes me feel less like a bad doggy mommy. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, maize said:

Japanese is considered one of the hardest languages for English speakers to learn.

We are definitely going slow and steady and it is going very well. I just learned that phrase early on with a CD and never use it. I did a lot of audio in the very beginning to help me with ear training and such.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Slache said:

We are definitely going slow and steady and it is going very well. I just learned that phrase early on with a CD and never use it. I did a lot of audio in the very beginning to help me with ear training and such.

The “problem “ is that there are a lot of ways to say “I would like “ in Japanese. And they are different depending on whether you are saying “I would like a cookie “ or “I would like to dance “ etc. So that leads to some confusion because what you wrote isn’t bringing a specific one to mind. (Though Maise’s guess is most likely). 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

The “problem “ is that there are a lot of ways to say “I would like “ in Japanese. And they are different depending on whether you are saying “I would like a cookie “ or “I would like to dance “ etc. So that leads to some confusion because what you wrote isn’t bringing a specific one to mind. (Though Maise’s guess is most likely). 

I know, but I looked at my notes and it's what she said. :blush:

• Like 1