Menu

Ignore this thread!

I couldn't get on yesterday.  I was so upset.  and bored.

Good Morning!  I'm tired.  Still keep waking up at night and just not feeling like I'm sleeping very deeply.   Three classes and tutoring today.   Yesterday was three super messy classes.  Today is three classes that have to follow a plan.  

Dh is trying intermittent fasting (except he's calling it intermittent feeding, doesn't he know WTM is always right on what to call something?), so he's not making me breakfast anymore.  Boo hoo.

I think the giant emojis are what broke the forum, not us.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

I've been doing IF for a while now. 16:8 to 20:4 depending on my mood. Sometimes my body wants breakfast so I eat 3 meals a day.

I have not lost any weight directly but it makes me feel better. Eating has never sat well with my stomach so I'm more than fine skipping out until later.

• Like 2

Good morning! Coffee is life.

Adding my voice to the Februaries chorus this morning. Although for us, it's a continuation of the Decembers aria and the Januaries recitative. We are investigating whether the custody agreement can be altered to allow us to move down to Florida where my in-laws are. Hubby has SAD and it affects the whole household, and it seems to be getting worse year by year.

DD is feeling sick this morning: "I don't know, just terrible all over..." I'm thinking we may be experiencing some menstrual synchronicity, poor kiddo. I'm letting her rest for another hour. Normally I'd be cranky about it because she generally feels better pretty quickly and then I feel like time has been wasted, but actually I feel like DS has been getting short shrift in the academic department recently, so I don't mind her taking it easy today.

• Like 7

February is almost over so here's hoping March is better.  and fast.

I tried intermittent fasting last summer. I need caffeine in the morning to wake up but can't drink hot tea on an empty stomach, it upsets my stomach.   But I was able to drink cold-brewed ice tea and I like it without any sweetener.  But, when my allergies kicked up, I needed to take Benedryl, which also upsets my stomach when empty.  And post-nasal drip also upsets my stomach if it's empty.  So, I found it hard to continue.    

I'm not sure what schedule he's planning except to not eat breakfast.  Maybe we'll start eating dinner earlier and if I avoid the after dinner snacks, I can get in 12 hours to start and build up.

But I NEED caffeine before classes.  And I refuse to drink ice tea in the winter.

• Like 6

Good morning, mood has improved by about 5% from yesterday!  Yes, the Februaries are here in full effect, the kids are even feeling it.  Guess what?  I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and didn't buy a thing!  Today we have regular lessons, soccer practice and mid week church service, no piano because the teacher thinks her dd may have bronchitis and we definitely don't need that.

Lynn, thanks for the flaxseed link!

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Humph Day!!!

i have an extreme case of The I don’t Wannas.

The kids have Enrichment Academy today. I guess I will go to Costco and get some glasses. 

Oh dear. I guess I won’t. I just looked on the prescription. I assumed both prescriptions would be on the same piece of paper, but no...they only gave me one. And Costco gives a discount if you get two pairs of glasses. 

Ok, well, I guess I will put that off then.

And in other news, while I’m in the Big City, I guess I will get DS’s and DD’s birthday presents. They have birthdays next week on the 4th and the 8th.

• Like 5

DD is still passed out. I'm thinking this is probably delayed exhaustion from the sleepover trifecta on the weekend.

DS is working on his Physics for the Logic Stage project. He is very behind--only on Unit 3 of an eight-unit course. I'm figuring we'll get to the end of Unit 6 (fingers crossed!) and count it as complete. I'm so, so done with this year. #februaries

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Anyone else doing spring break in a few weeks?  We normally don't do it this early if we do it at all but, I think I really need to since, we're working some this summer anyway!

We took 3 weeks for the move. I don't know when our next break is. Lately I've been opting for less frequent, longer breaks.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

If my kids ask Alexa to play Mr. Blue Sky one more time I’m gonna start pulling out my hair.  It IS gorgeous and sunny out, at least, and they are spending time outside climbing the tree and investigating bugs.

Anyone know how to cut perfect 3” circles out of stiff foam board?

Bazooka.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Anyone else doing spring break in a few weeks?  We normally don't do it this early if we do it at all but, I think I really need to since, we're working some this summer anyway!

We're not doing it until Easter. ILs will come and visit.

I am so done with rainy days.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

We are because all our outside classes take a break the same week - I think it's week after next. Can't wait!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Almost done for today.  Worst part of the day?  The dishes.  I had soooooo many things to wash between yesterday and today's classes.   I did a bunch yesterday but still had a ton more to do, including ten dishpans and about 25 trays.   20 or so test tubes, cups, bowls, graduated cylinders.  I have piles drying on every flat surface in the kitchen.  And my back hurts from leaning over the sink but they are all done.  Until tomorrow when I have classes again.  But I decided my junior science class will do a Lego or Knex engineering challenge, probably bridges.  And my middle class is Powerpoint, so no mess there.   It's only Chemistry 2 that will be messy.   Then Chem 1 and Oceanography on Friday will be a little bit messy but nothing like what I've had the last two days. 

• Like 5

We aren't really taking a spring break.  We will take a couple days off when dd20 is home on spring break and do something fun.  Probably go the the Big City art museum (they're having a Van Gogh and Friends exhibit) and then toodle around the city.  And we'll probably go hiking.  None of our activities take spring break at the same time, and a couple don't take a spring break at all, so we have to maneuver around those.  It's OK, though, because we'll be done in early May.  I'll be done in early April, really.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

If my kids ask Alexa to play Mr. Blue Sky one more time I’m gonna start pulling out my hair.  It IS gorgeous and sunny out, at least, and they are spending time outside climbing the tree and investigating bugs.

Anyone know how to cut perfect 3” circles out of stiff foam board?

3 hours ago, JoJosMom said:

Bazooka.

Sword wielding squirrels.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I got my glasses ordered. 

And i don’t know how to read a #&$@¥€§ glasses prescription. I’ve never had glasses before.  So, I ended up going back to my optometrist after I dropped the kids off at EA, but the lady was very kind and explained things to me. And the Costco lady was very very helpful. And the stranger I asked about which frames she liked better ways really sweet. So, I got them ordered.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I swear, I am losing. my. mind.  So, apparently, I had paid by credit card a bill at the doctor, but it hadn't gone through until the day before I had my appointment. That day they called me and said I had a balance and I said, "Yes, I know,  I will pay it tomorrow when I come in." so, I wrote a check and thought that was that. But then, when I was doing my budgeting and I  checked my credit card statement, I  discovered that charge. And I panicked. I thought someone had stolen my credit card. Why on earth they would steal my card and pay my doctor's bill with it is beyond me.  But what makes me nervous is.... why didn't I remember I had paid it? I'm pretty sure I shredded the statement because I've done that recently and I can't find it. I don't even remember getting the statement. I still don't remember paying the bill. But I did. I had the gal scan the thing and email it to me (she redacted my number) because I wanted to see if it was my signature. It was. I know I have been under tremendous strain these past several months, but this has never happened to me before. I am usually very on top of bills and such, and I remember doing things.

4 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I swear, I am losing. my. mind.  So, apparently, I had paid by credit card a bill at the doctor, but it hadn't gone through until the day before I had my appointment. That day they called me and said I had a balance and I said, "Yes, I know,  I will pay it tomorrow when I come in." so, I wrote a check and thought that was that. But then, when I was doing my budgeting and I  checked my credit card statement, I  discovered that charge. And I panicked. I thought someone had stolen my credit card. Why on earth they would steal my card and pay my doctor's bill with it is beyond me.  But what makes me nervous is.... why didn't I remember I had paid it? I'm pretty sure I shredded the statement because I've done that recently and I can't find it. I don't even remember getting the statement. I still don't remember paying the bill. But I did. I had the gal scan the thing and email it to me (she redacted my number) because I wanted to see if it was my signature. It was. I know I have been under tremendous strain these past several months, but this has never happened to me before. I am usually very on top of bills and such, and I remember doing things.

Stress can do that to you. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Slache said:

Found a fing.

Ding dong!  Who's there?  I'm ringing Slache's doorbell!

3 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I'm sorry but I did laugh out loud there for a minute.  Why aren't there more benevolent credit card thieves like that?  😂  Really though, you've had a million appointments lately, and surely you will misremember things here and there.

15 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

One. Chapter. Left. 

You can do it!

• Like 3

I'm either getting a cold or my allergies are acting up and the Benedryl in my purse isn't working.  I'm having a cup of tea now and another Benedryl and then I'm taking a shower.  Then I'll see how I feel after that.  

I'm off the last week of March except for snow day makeups.  So far we have to make up Tuesday classes.  I'll be very glad if we're able to stop at that.   Then I'm off Memorial Day week.  

• Like 5