Menu

Ignore this thread!

I'm realizing that I'm not going to get to do All The Things with Oldest, who only has three semesters left with me. Ugh. I'm looking through stacks of material trying to find the best things based on what he needs right now. 😭😭😭

When we received our first box from Sonlight in 2005 (the PK years), I never thought this day would really be here.  Or, like, if it did come, that I'd be skinny and we'd have flying cars or something by now.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

The only thing I felt like for dinner was mac ‘n’ cheese.  The homemade kind.  At the last minute I decided to add a layer of leftover taco meat in the middle.  Then there was too much of everything to fit in my normal dish.  So I emptied it into a large bowl, mixed everything together, and put it in a new dish.  Now it looks more like hamburger helper than my baked mac ‘n’ cheese.  I hope it tastes better than hamburger helper.

Full disclosure:  I originally typed handburger. Twice.  🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I had macaroni and cheese for dinner.  Lobster and shrimp macaroni and cheese from Olive Garden.  That's where we took mom for her birthday dinner because she likes it (and can have wine), ds likes it, and it's near where dd works so she was able to meet us there.

I have chocolate brownie lasagna sitting in the fridge for when I'm ready for it.  It's 8:45 pm so if I don't feel ready soon, it will have to wait for tomorrow.  I accidentally peeked at the calorie count and it would probably be best if I have some tonight, some tomorrow night, maybe even over three more nights for it not to be an outrageous amount of calories to have at one time.  It's chocolate brownie layered with cheesecake frosting with chocolate shavings on top.

• Like 5

Oh Krissi - that is so funny!

Handburger!  LOL

Mmmmmm mac and cheese dinner!  We had leftover rice and beans from last night with leftover fish and cilantro lime sauce from fish taco night.  And I made a salad from leftover taco toppings (lettuce and tomatoes) and leftover peas.  BUT THEN. Wonder of wonders.  One of the parents decided to cater the recital reception and so there were sausage balls and salmon dill rollups and black bean and cheese rollups and ham and cheese sandwiches and mini cheesecakes and delicious cupcakes of two sizes and popcorn and cookies and gummy bears and I know I am forgetting some things.  No one went home hungry!  

I had lobster mac and cheese in Bar Harbor, Maine.  So yummy!

The recital went well.  There were the expected occassional flubbed notes, but everyone did well, overall.  Ds's former cello teacher was there and I took a deep breath and made it through the awkwardness.  We didn't part on (openly) awkward terms, but still.  Ds14 gave her a giant hug and said he was super excited to see her again.  :smile:  

Dd20 and I have volunteered to sing in church choir tomorrow - good thing there is a short rehearsal beforehand.  Two members from our family are sick, the college students have gone home, and others will be missing due to family emergencies and surgery.  So I'm glad we can help out.

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Sunday!!!

Church!!!!

The sky has that winter sunrise look. Icy blue and the palest of pinks. And the leaves are off the trees so the branches are black silhouettes against it. Beautiful!!

I have baked oatmeal in the oven for breakfast.

After Church I have to drive into the Big City to Lowe’s to return the carpet sample. I still don’t know which color I want. There are 8 colors that are all very similar that I like and the samples are like 2”x6” in size so.... I don’t know. I hate making decisions like this. I mean they expect you to spend all this $$ and make a decision that will affect your life for the next 10-15 years based on what?? 2”x6” of information?? Aughhhhhh!! I wish I could afford a decorator. Aughhhhhh!! The pressure!!!

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

My son is home!  Kill the fatted calf!

Be-be-be-benny and the Jets.

Not sure what it says about me when that is what comes to mind for 'kill the fatted calf'.

I ate the whole thing last night.  My chocolate brownie lasagna.  The whole...entire...thing.  In one sitting.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Left-over lobster and shrimp mac & cheese (with all the shrimp eaten already since it doesn't reheat well) for lunch.

I'm slooooooowly working through finalizing plans for tomorrow's classes while doing laundry.  Still need to sort and organize badges for 4-H tomorrow night (no activity cause holiday party).

I have an 8am conference call for my STEM coordinator job (yaaaawn), doing clam dissection in Bio, discussing savings and investing in math.  It's the savings/investing stuff I'm still finalizing.

Finally reached my dad to discuss taking them to lunch next Sunday for Christmas.  They have trouble maneuvering at our house and we are highly allergic to their house so this seemed best.  I think there's a 50/50 chance I don't get a phone call in the next week asking what the plans were.  Rough conversation.  It seems all our parents are going senile at the same time.  <<sigh>>

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Mr. Ellie is putting the things back together (TV, stereo, computer network, things). Tomorrow should be the last day of painting all the things. Then I'll be putting the rest of the things back all week. We'll enter the new year with a beautimous home that has no cracks in the walls, so there's that.

• Like 5

On 12/15/2018 at 3:24 PM, KrissiK said:

((Critter)). We had to put our elderly cat down this year, too. That was horrible. And then our persnickety cat was killed by marauding dogs over the Labor Day Weekend.

It's just rotten. I hate losing animals. I keep getting them, though. I might even float the idea of another young kitten in a few months, and it's time for new chicks this spring, too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paradox5 said:

Who still bites their nails? All your nails or just one or 2? At Nail Biters Anon., we don't judge.

I pick at my nails.  Youngest dd bites her nails really really badly.  We just bought her a chewlery necklace to see if that helps.  She has anxiety so we don't want to come down on it too hard.

ETA:  A chewlery booya!

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 5

Ds, my new hypochondriac, has asked for a chew-lery necklace like dd's. He thinks it will help.  He doesn't chew his nails.  In fact his nails are longer and nicer than mine.  I have to make him cut them so he doesn't hurt somebody.

Finished planning classes through Wednesday, did name badges for 4-H since we'll hand out pins tomorrow night (I do lanyards for their pins with name tags showing if they are or were an officer), set up tutoring.

I didn't set up my kids school but I think I may start Christmas break early for them since we have 4-H, then tween hang-out, then a game day, and a workshop this week.  Plus they have a dentist appointment Wednesday.  They'll get a two 1/2 week break and I'll start them up again the day after New Years, so we'll have three days of just them before my classes start up again the following Monday.  I'm planning to add a new writing (beyond the bookreport) program, plus we're going to do a lit study on Wrinkle in Time together.  They are both taking my Consumer/Business Math class, plus dd is doing Biology, and ds is doing Meteorology.  I"ll make them finish their current books so we can start the lit study together.

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I am pretty well noted for chewing on everything. I do bite my nails. I occasionally still gnaw on wooden pencils. Love plastic straws. Hate gum, though. 

I am kinda hoping that dd's chewy necklace helps keep some of my pencils intact.  She doesn't bite the pencil part, just eats off the erasers.

She does like gum at least.  Just need to make sure to have some around and it's not always appropriate.

• Like 3