Menu

Ignore this thread!

4 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I think that it is a form of acceptance?  I'm not totally sure.  So if anyone knows, let me know! 

Sounds like that. Accept it, don’t fight it. Maybe in fighting it you are tensing up and that makes it worse??. I don’t know, I’m not a real doctor. I only play one on TV.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Okay, so I was in the AFSA and decided to glance at carpet cleaners.  I thought they rented them, but only found the ones for purchase.  Is it worth it?  Will it get rid of the horrible smell in the girls' room?  This one is the smallest and cheapest that AFSA had - is it worth it?  https://www.amazon.com/BISSELL-2003T-Cordless-Portable-Cleaner/dp/B07FFJB75H/ref=asc_df_B07FFJB75H/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=241975683571&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7276837995568810416&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=200527&hvtargid=pla-522141934786&psc=1

4 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Okay, so I was in the AFSA and decided to glance at carpet cleaners.  I thought they rented them, but only found the ones for purchase.  Is it worth it?  Will it get rid of the horrible smell in the girls' room?  This one is the smallest and cheapest that AFSA had - is it worth it?  https://www.amazon.com/BISSELL-2003T-Cordless-Portable-Cleaner/dp/B07FFJB75H/ref=asc_df_B07FFJB75H/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=241975683571&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=7276837995568810416&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=200527&hvtargid=pla-522141934786&psc=1

No. Call local grocery stores and ask about rentals. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Renai said:

How goes it? We're still in New Mexico. 😄 I have an imaginary friend that just left Tampa in the last month and moved to Atlanta.

So far so good.  We found a house.  We close the first week of January.  DS wants a dog.  That about sums it up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Renai said:

So, is he getting one?

Shhhhh... I think so. 😉

We used the trip down here as a trial to see how he’d react to dogs. (Both houses we stayed at had dogs.). He did really well.  The few times he sneezed really hard were when my BFF’s cat was near him. So, no cats for sure.  But he did well with the dogs - much butter than when he was younger.  So I’m probably just going to have to actually vacuum now.  LOL

ETA:  He spent a whole day hugging my sister’s dog.  It was so cute.  He was fine.  So we just have to find one he doesn’t react to.  

Edited by ikslo
ETA and typo
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Played with my profile picture today. Not sure I like it yet. But it's kind of a pain to change, so I think I'll leave it and see if it grows on me.

Not good.  You know Slache can’t handle change!

(I think it’s wobderful, though.)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ikslo said:

Wow!  That’s fast.  Are you excited, or have you suddenly realized you have to like, pack and stuff.  That would be me.  Suddenly like, oh, yeah, moving.  Again.  Yeah. Woo

Well, yeah. Excited, I think. Packed? Not even close. We need to get the carpet people in. And Christmas is overwhelming me. But, i think it’ll come.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Dh says that the “lean into the pain “ thing is a secular buddhist idea- like “become one with the pain.”  Still, no thanks. 

This idea is intriguing to me.  I found this blog post about leaning into pain.  I think this is going to take a little more thought before I fully understand the concept.

I think what this is about is acceptance.  The serenity prayer might be the same idea with a different spin.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Junie said:

This idea is intriguing to me.  I found this blog post about leaning into pain.  I think this is going to take a little more thought before I fully understand the concept.

I think what this is about is acceptance.  The serenity prayer might be the same idea with a different spin.

Yeah we were talking about that. Dh says that being resigned to the pain probably isn’t what he means. 😉

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

HE GOT INTO SCAD!!!!

But he can’t go cause we can’t afford it. We are all so sad. He did the Fin. Aid app. but doesn’t qualify for anything but very small loans. 

So we are happy he was accepted and sad he can’t go.

I wish that I could give both a like and a sad face.  I opted just for the like but I'm sad that he can't go as well.  Is there a local place that he could study what he would have studied at SCAD?  Or even start at a community college and then transfer?  (I have no idea so I apologize if these are dumb questions.)

• Like 1

The only good thing about my cold is that I am carving through my stack of books to be read. I picked up a ton on gardening, home-building, and vegetarian cooking for a story I am writing. I finished reading a vegan cookbook last night and decided it wasn't quite what I needed. Vegetarian cookbook is up next. I have a character with some peculiar dietary requirements and some things that he can't or won't eat due to his nature. Planning his diet has been a challenge.

But, I can now see parts of the wall behind the stack, so...

• Like 6

Remember when I had tons of time at work to hang out here?  Yeah, me neither.  It feels so long ago. 

I'm knee deep in re-apps and my boss goes on vacation for two weeks.  Humph.  It's not that I want him to help with the applications, it's that I want everyone else to leave me alone!  But everyone keeps coming to me since he's not here.  I blame the out of office message where he says, contact ikslo!

Grand.  Thanks, dude.

• Like 8