Menu

Ignore this thread!

I’m back. Let’s see, we churched. We go to the contemporary service and sang a horrible arrangement of “It Came Upon a Midnight Clear.”  Sunday School was good. I took 4/5 of the kids to the Big City to take carpet sample back to Lowe’s. We ate out McDonalds. Now  I am making Christmas cookies.

• Like 4

I tried to go to Costco. But halfway there I realized that I forgot the rebate check which was the whole purpose for going. So I did the other two errands that I had already planned on- dropping off a donation to goodwill and getting dog food. Getting dog food was a bit more complicated than I had expected since they were out of our food. I had to temporarily go back to puppy food. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

I am kinda hoping that dd's chewy necklace helps keep some of my pencils intact.  She doesn't bite the pencil part, just eats off the erasers.

She does like gum at least.  Just need to make sure to have some around and it's not always appropriate.

Erasers are delicious. Should I leave now? 

Yeah, I used to eat all the erasers. I don't now. Too expensive for mechanical pencils.

Had chewlery been around when I was little, perhaps more pencils would have lived their normal life span.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Ok, I am really having a problem here. I got a notification that Amazon shipped something and I don’t remember who I bought it for. I have three girls to buy for, and then G&G gave us $ to buy the presents from them, and then I have to buy presents for three girl cousins for the gift exchange. So, who did I buy this cute little diary for?? Where is svengo guy when I need him??

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Good morning!  Good Afternoon!  Good night!

It was a very long morning in church - we were there for 5-1/2 hours through both services and a parent meeting.  Dh stayed home with dd12, who isn't running a fever any more but needed to rest, and dd9 who would've had to sit through two services by herself and a parent meeting.  I had a bit of lunch, tried to take a nap but instead worried because I still don't know what to get ds23 for Christmas, and then did our Advent wreath/singing/treats and then took a short road trip to ds14's cello recital.  It was good - he doesn't seem to get nervous under pressure like his mom.  We're finally home again and I had a sandwich and now ready for sleeping.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Paradox5 said:

Going back a bit...how do you eat this?

Son 2 has a weird relationship with food. Random food will make him throw up/spend lots of time in the potty. He has had blood work that came back fine. He is not hypothyroid, diabetic, or Celiac. His breath is bad when he eats a lot of dairy. He has a bumpy rash on his face that never has gone away. He does not exercise. He is also my only kid who is overweight (and I mean like over 100-75 lbs.). He is motivated to get this stuff worked out before he goes off to University. 

I make it into a broth by mixing it with hot water. But Angi mixes it in her coffee. And the manufacturers suggest mixing it in a smoothie. 

Good morning. I survived the busy weekend. Tomorrow is a new dance routine, fresh school and lots of housework.

After a two year silence my mom emailed me happy birthday. I said "Thanks, I love you" and hope she doesn't email back.

Matt won a free bowling thing so we're doing that Saturday.

Goodnight.

• Like 4

Good morning!

We are off this week, but lots to get done.  Ds14 will need to practice his regional orchestra music.  And I am pretty sure he hasn't finished his research paper.  

I have this gnawing feeling of guilt that it is my fault that dd16 did not make it into the regional orchestra.  I had the kids skip a particular kind of sight-reading practice just to save time because that type has never been used in the auditions before.  And of course that's the kind they used on the part that dd said she really messed up on.  I know that she is not a top-tier violinist, but I really sabotaged it for her and I feel terrible.

When's your birthday, Slache?

Coffee!

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Monday!!!😩

We are doing a scaled down version of school this week. Too much going on. Wednesday night the bells are ringing at the Old Folks Home, Thursday night we’re having Christmas at my Uncle and Aunt’s (usually we do Christmas with them on Christmas Eve, but they are having their daughter’s in-laws out from Minnesota for Christmas this year). Saturday is Christmas with DH’s family. I have a tremendous amount of baking to do, DD has to get allergy shots, and things with DS1 are spiraling out of control faster and faster. We are working on a plan, but these things take time. Please pray for us.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

We are doing a scaled down version of school this week. Too much going on. Wednesday night the bells are ringing at the Old Folks Home, Thursday night we’re having Christmas at my Uncle and Aunt’s (usually we do Christmas with them on Christmas Eve, but they are having their daughter’s in-laws out from Minnesota for Christmas this year). Saturday is Christmas with DH’s family. I have a tremendous amount of baking to do, DD has to get allergy shots, and things with DS1 are spiraling out of control faster and faster. We are working on a plan, but these things take time. Please pray for us.

(((KrissiK and family)))))

Hope things go smoothly for you this week!

When we were hsing, we put all the books away at Thanksgiving, because of all the extra activities that go on between then and Christmas. 

Good Morning!

Happy Monday!!

Ds18 is still sleeping.  Dd16 has laryngitis.

I've handed out assignments for the week and I have eaten breakfast.

Ds18 will be working over Christmas break.  Getting his work schedule coordinated with dd16's work schedule plus everything else in life is going to be kind of crazy.

Dd14 is interested in getting a job, but I told her that she has to wait until at least January.

• Like 3

I am so tired! Must things.

4 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Good Morning!  COFFEE is ready.  I'm not.  Today is crazy and then finally everything slows down starting tomorrow. 

Happy Nirthday to Slache!  (early, right?)

It's today. I told FB to shush it if you're confused about that.

2 hours ago, Ellie said:

It's Monday!!!!!!!!!!!

My favorite day. I think I'm sick though.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!!~D

Monday!!!😩

(((Krissi)))

We'll be doing a scaled down version of school this week, too.  And we did a scaled down verion last week.  And the week before that.  And the week before that.  And...seeing a theme here?  Maybe I'll snap out of my funk and get past this "Maintenance Schooling" after we move again. 

Maintenance Schooling - Me telling him to do the next thing and then only checking half-arsed once a week or so.  Pretending to be upset when he doesn't do his math or doesn't get through his whole chapter of reading.  But hey, he's doing his typing.  I can't say for sure he has the correct fingerings or posture, but he's getting faster according to the stats.  He hasn't forgotten what a noun or a verb are.  Success!  But I don't even remember what we're doing for science this year.

One thing we've been good at doing is getting in "gym" - which is really just us going biking on the trail and practicing with no hands. :D

• Like 8

Faking my way through my job today

It’s taking everything I’ve got

No time to take a break from worries

I’m such a sorry sot (Alternative: I sure could use some pot J )

Won’t you help me get away?

Sometimes I want to go…

Disclaimer: I don't smoke pot.  That's why I went with sot.  LOL

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Well, we got some schooling done. I finished the Ghost of Christmas Present chapter in A Christmas Carol older two. I bought this book from RR called “Novel Ties”, it’s a series, basically for a bunch of books. But, i’ve Really enjoyed it. It has some good questions and the kids have gotten into some relatively good discussions. Today we discussed The Ghost If Christmas Past’s two children “Ignorance” And “Want”. And also if Scrooge’s nephew was justified in feeling sorry for Scrooge. I just love A Christmas Carol.

We also went to the Thrift Shop in town. The kids do their Christmas shopping there. Now they are wrapping presents while I finish my lunch.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Well, we got some schooling done. I finished the Ghost of Christmas Present chapter in A Christmas Carol older two. I bought this book from RR called “Novel Ties”, it’s a series, basically for a bunch of books. But, i’ve Really enjoyed it. It has some good questions and the kids have gotten into some relatively good discussions. Today we discussed The Ghost If Christmas Past’s two children “Ignorance” And “Want”. And also if Scrooge’s nephew was justified in feeling sorry for Scrooge. I just love A Christmas Carol.

We also went to the Thrift Shop in town. The kids do their Christmas shopping there. Now they are wrapping presents while I finish my lunch.

I have never heard of these.  Thanks!

• Like 2

Oldest got some major road rash on Saturday. It's all drippy and awful looking right now, and we're still changing bandages every 2 hours. Kinda wondering if I need to take him in to get some burn creme. I'm digging around my first aid stash to see if I have any silvadene left. Right now he's wearing a Mepilex bandage with some manuka honey on the wound. No fever, no pus....so I don't want to take him in if we don't have to.

We went to the orthodontist. I finally remembered to bring my own hot cocoa.

We've started basketball season so life has gotten crazy.  Hugs to all!

• Like 3
  • Sad 3