Menu

Ignore this thread!

51 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Prairie, you should definitely stay home with recently sick child and send everyone else to the luau.

I was planning to visit AFSA today, but have chickened out.  Dh isn't dying anymore, so I might send him tomorrow.  

So glad your dh is following the rules. Even better, he can be felpful again!  😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Query: If it has been exactly 24 hrs since your child was last violently ill, would you show up at a catered church luao? Just you? You and non-sick children? Everyone?

Or, put another way, would you cherish this as an excuse to snuggle under blankets and sip on homemade chicken soup and avoid the cold, wet, dark outdoors and the need to socialize awkwardly with people (because you are adorably? awkward)????

Excuse to enjoy the great indoors in peace and quiet. 

• Like 2

I did my critiques and got my first draft off for alpha reading. Now I am in the bed and trying to work up the courage to go tackle more social media stuff when I'm sort of all media'd out this week. But I need to do it. In another week or so I'll be huddled up in the editing cave, bawling over revisions that hurt, but will make my story better. Still...the idea of just pretending I don't have to be social and hiding out with my writing for the rest of the evening is tempting. Or a book to read. That would be awesome!

• Like 6

3 hours ago, prairiewindmomma said:

The Apologia cd is burned as a mp3. If you can convert the file it will run as a regular audio file in your van. I was also frustrated to discover it was a mp3. 

Or, better yet, get a Bookshare account if you qualify and listen to it for free. 🙂 

You know, the “CD” that came with the new Nottgrass curriculum is that way. I really want to listen to it because it has poems and songs from early America, but I can’t get it to work.  I hate being technologically challenged.

• Like 2

My 2nd grade student had lots of sugar before coming to tutoring tonight and boy did it show!  She was a chatterbox!  It’s really cute when it isn’t your kid and you only have them for an hour. 😉

My kindergartener didn’t cry tonight for the first time. He only cries for a few seconds when mom first leaves but it was nice that he didn’t even do that. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!  COFFEE!!!  It's raining.  I'm up to take one to TKD and one to swim.

I had sweet tea at dinner time last night.  I think it was more caffeinated than a six pack of cokes!  I stayed up past 2am reading a library book that my youngest said I should read.  It was really good!  Zora and Me, based on some things from Zora Neale Hurston's childhood.   

• Like 5

Good Morning!

Happy Saturday!

I'm going to try to finish up some Christmas shopping when I take dd16 to work today.

I'm also planning a trip to the library.  We have books due on the same night as dd8's concert next week; also ds18 needs something new to read while he's home.

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Ellie said:

I thought they would be finished yesterday, but no. So they're coming over this morning to finish up. The contractor says they will be finished by 1:00. We'll see.

Other than that, happy Saturday, y'all!

Oh, wait...at least one more day next week. But the furniture goes back in today, so there's that.

• Like 3

Good morning!

I need to go to Target and deal with The Pants.  Dh said he's going to pick up our Christmas cards which are in his office at work, so I'm going to suggest he stop by Walmart as long as he's over in that direction.  If I can get my act together, I might just get the Christmas letter and cards sent out before Epiphany this year!

Coffee!

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEEE!!!!

Saturday!!! The girls want to go to the library today. So, I guess I will do that. I don’t know what else is going on. I do need to organize myself for a cookie baking extravaganza next week. I bake cookies for all the neighbors. And I need to organize the Christmas presents and figure all that out.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Getting moving slowly this morning.  We had the first of what are going to be monthly Kid's Nights Out at the science center last night.  We actually had mostly tweens and all had been or are students of mine.  It went really well, the kids got along well and had a good time.

Today we ordered a bunch of stuff from Amazon, we're running out to pick up my gift (a plain gold wedding band that I can wear while teaching. My current ring is a cuff around my engagement ring and I can't wear it with gloves or when I'm getting gooey), bringing a bed to habitat restore for my mom, then dinner out for mom's birthday tonight.   Also laundry, cleaning, wrapping, and planning classes for the rest of the weekend.

• Like 5

I didn't do Christmas cards again. I hear that's part of the selfish millennial trademark so maybe I'll just own it.

I have contacted 3 realtors and none will call me back. I have selected 4 apartments. Our top choice is a 4 bedroom, our second is a 3 bedroom with a garage and a closet big enough to be Matt's work space. Did I mention that he's planning on doing his side job (inspections) full time when we move? He's working for 2 companies ready to transfer him to San Antonio and he has Uber, Lyft, Amazon Flex and some food thing as backup just in case he doesn't get enough hours off the bat.

After doing my pushups I have to agree that the vacuum is good.

Menu:

• Steak fajitas
  • Stuffed bacon wrapped chicken with salad
  • Jambalaya
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Slache said:

I didn't do Christmas cards again. I hear that's part of the selfish millennial trademark so maybe I'll just own it.

You might be pleased to learn that Miss Manners doesn't love Christmas cards. She didn't love them long before there was a selfish millennial generation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

I would imagine there are a large number of reasons why people don't send Christmas cards.  Selfishness wouldn't have been on my radar as one of them.

The Pants issue has been resolved! 🎉

The kids did a good job cleaning the kitchen while I was gone.  The mess they left after making themselves breakfasts was fairly alarming - particularly the French toast part of breakfast.  Though they also left out turkey lunchmeat and an odd assortment of other foods.  

Dh has left for the post office to mail the package.  Imma have some breakfast/lunch.  And then make the girls shower before their recital tonight.  

More coffee!

• Like 4

Sad day for me. Put down one of my "elder" cats (I still have three ages 12, and two at age 16). This is a hard time of year for me. I've had ten deaths to deal with in the last ten days. Thank goodness for puppies. I had two to play with today, and one is the sweetest pit bull puppy who has seen me from his earliest visit and now thinks that he comes in to get treats and snuggle. He was the treat today.☺️

Now it is time to write, and read, and relax.

• Sad 7

4 hours ago, Slache said:

I'm not a milennial (Gen x) and neither is dh (Boomer) and we didn't do Christmas cards.   I'm thinking more lazy than selfish.  Maybe a little overtired and busy.  Maybe a little I have a tween and a teen that hate sitting for pictures and an adult child that isn't around enough to get pictures so that makes it a little harder too.

Did all the out of the house errands except the restore wouldn't take the bed (can't take mattresses) so it's still in the truck.  Did NONE of the in-house chores except dishes and a tiny bit of laundry.  I really really really should be preparing classes right now.

• Like 6

Just now, Critterfixer said:

Sad day for me. Put down one of my "elder" cats (I still have three ages 12, and two at age 16). This is a hard time of year for me. I've had ten deaths to deal with in the last ten days. Thank goodness for puppies. I had two to play with today, and one is the sweetest pit bull puppy who has seen me from his earliest visit and now thinks that he comes in to get treats and snuggle. He was the treat today.☺️

I'm so sorry about your losses.   But glad you had sweet puppies to play with.

• Like 2

I am back from the library and the Afsa. I got three library books. A Harry Bosch novel, which I can’t wait to get in to. And then I picked two books based on their titles alone. “Darkness the Color of Snow” by Thomas Cobb and “Summer Hours At the Robbers Library” by Sue Halpern. They may end up to be busts, but their names are clever.

And i’m Watching Fresno State play in the Las Vegas Bowl. Go Bulldogs.

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

((Critter)). We had to put our elderly cat down this year, too. That was horrible. And then our persnickety cat was killed by marauding dogs over the Labor Day Weekend.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3