Menu

Ignore this thread!

45 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Dh has gone radio silent...not picking up texts, running later than usual.... I'm debating about calling him but I don't know if he's in a meeting. With my luck he's in a conference call with China again.  I usually don't call unless we're headed to the ER. Like, we have a standing rule that he must pick up whenever/wherever if I'm at the point of dialing him.

That said, dd hasn't stopped erupting since 1 pm, and it'd be nice if he could pick up pedialyte.  

Thoughts?

We have the same thing. Everyone knows if they see him on the phone that he's coming home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, myblessings4 said:

Good morning!  IT'S FRIDAY!!!  !  I mixed my bone broth scoop into my coffee.  It is soooooo smooth and creamy!  I love it!  So, day 1 bone broth!

I have to stop at the AFSA for job 1 on my way to job 2, plus pick up everything that I left at job 1 when we were run out because of the hoax bomb threat yesterday.   Then I have to stop at the butcher shop on the way home tonight.

I *think* we all get to just hang out at home tonight.

I saw that hoax bomb threat on the news yesterday.

• Like 3

Everyone sit down.  I have a scary but true story to tell.

The Jean's Famous Target Black Multi-Use Pajama Pants that I bought on Tuesday are the wrong pants! 

Somehow I grabbed ones that are tapered at the ankles.  I now have to go back there and return them and try to find the right pants.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

50 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I have a bunch of things rolling around in my head that need to get done but I can't get them to stay still long enough to make a sensible plan.  Maybe I need second sleep.  Or more coffee.  Or more bone broth in my coffee.

Me too.  Should I work on Christmas cards?  Laundry?  Checkbook?  It's possible to do more than one, but not at one time.  I'm suffering from Task Initiation Deficiency and Multi-Step Task Organization Deficiency and generally, Don't Wanna Syndrome. 

• Like 5

I woke up with a horrendous headache, but after breakfast, Advil, 2 showers, and resting in the dark with an ice pack, it seems to have calmed down.

We are actually trying to get some homeschool done.

One page of dd8's Abeka Language had a sentence about Robert Frost -- which rabbit trailed to Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening and The Road Less Traveled.  It also rabbit trailed into looking at portraits of famous American poets.

Dd10 is working on a book report about Noah Webster.  And now she's doing laundry.

Dd16 is finishing up a report on Dr. Seuss.

Dd14 is sewing a doll-sized Boba Fett costume.  She might have done some Apologia reading.

I don't know what homeschool work dd12 has done today, but she did do the dishes so I'm not going to bother her about school work. :)

• Like 7

2 hours ago, mama25angels said:

Good morning!  TGIF!  I can't say that enough this week, actually, I will be happy to see Monday because it means the play is done and we're going on our break schedule.  We have regular lessons today, play practice tonight.

Guys, why are we drinking bone broth?

I am drinking it because I have all sorts of muscle and joint problems. It is chock full of collagen and other stuff good for that. But I discovered by accident that it is the only thing that helps me to lose weight. Not sure why- perhaps all the protein evens out my bloodsugars?  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

Me too.  Should I work on Christmas cards?  Laundry?  Checkbook?  It's possible to do more than one, but not at one time.  I'm suffering from Task Initiation Deficiency and Multi-Step Task Organization Deficiency and generally, Don't Wanna Syndrome. 

Here's some help for the overwhelmed:  When in doubt, always do laundry.  I started laundry, changed my bed, and ordered Christmas card photo thingamabobs.  Which required decision making.  I'm amazing. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am drinking it because I have all sorts of muscle and joint problems. It is chock full of collagen and other stuff good for that. But I discovered by accident that it is the only thing that helps me to lose weight. Not sure why- perhaps all the protein evens out my bloodsugars?  

One theory I've read is that it helps resolve gut permeability and helps the good bacteria in your stomach which in turn reduce inflammation and that it's the reduction in inflammation itself that continues to spin the cycle of weight loss.

We'll see.

But I have a package of frozen beef bones in my freezer again and I should get back on the band wagon. (I do the homemade bones/carrot/onions/garlic/bay leaf/acv version.) I'm thinking of alternating eating days with broth days for a bit to see if I can get my weight gain stopped and reversed.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I"m pretty sure this was answered earlier but I can't find it - do you buy the broth or make your own?  I think I saw a link at some point.

Do you change anything else, or did just adding bone broth help?  Someone told me it would be good for anemia but I haven't looked into it any further.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I"m pretty sure this was answered earlier but I can't find it - do you buy the broth or make your own?  I think I saw a link at some point.

Do you change anything else, or did just adding bone broth help?  Someone told me it would be good for anemia but I haven't looked into it any further.

https://www.amazon.com/Bone-Broth-Protein-Powder-Nutrition/dp/B06XXXN719?th=1

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

That’s why we call her Jeannie Bossy Pants. 

But she’s also very smart.

Which is why Ima get me some bone broth, too.

Me too!  And I will definitely be putting it in something before consuming it, lol.  My mom swears by it also!

Edited by mama25angels
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Quoting you again because I wasn't quite awake the first time.  I did not change anything else.  I just added bone broth.  And I didn't take away calories by replacing it with bone broth. 

And I'm too lazy to go back to quote Prairie.  The gut permeability / inflammation thing is another reason I drink it.  But I was even less awake when I answered the Mama25angels. 

• Like 3

I removed everything from two kitchen counters and cleaned.  That wasn't on my list, but it made me feel better.

I mentioned to the kids a few days ago that we can make lefse today.  They are holding me to it.  Uff da.  I think I can I think I can I think I can.  (Have I ever mentioned how much I hate baking?  Though when I do some actual baking, it's never as bad as my head has convinced me it will be.)

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Junie said:

Would drinking beef or chicken stock give similar benefits to bone broth?

I think so - my understanding is that you are simply looking for stock/broth that has been simmered with bones for a long time - 8+ hours. Chicken feet are considered the gold of bone broth making!  :laugh:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Jean, you and I better stock up!  Amazon will be out by the times ITT is done!

I can't stand broth of any type.  Texture issues.  So the consistency is intolerable.  THIS bone broth is absolutely delicious tasting and feeling!  I mixed it in my coffee this morning and totally enjoyed it.  And got 20g protein in the process!

This is why I have started and then stopped bone broth in the past. I couldn’t stand it. Especially the kind in the carton. (It was oily and tasted yucky to me). But dh found this brand and I love it. Or at least don’t hate it. 

• Like 4

I is doing the things. I read through my first draft of a new story and sent it to alpha readers. I estimate I will need two full rewrites before I have the story just right, and I have four character profiles to do, and I will need a sensitivity reader--but I will wait until I get my alpha reads back.  In the meantime, I have a website to work on and three special critiques to do (I gave away three and decided to take five) and I just finished up comments for another writer friend who has been feeling discouraged about his querying journey lately. A very writerly day!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

At least he didn’t call you an elephant!

One time, when he was like 4 or 5, he asked me why I was working out or not eating dessert at church or something and I told him that I was fat and trying to get healthier (I know I shouldn't say fat) and he said "You're not fat, you're just wide."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

Those look great! Are you ricing your potatoes or using instant flakes? 

I use a ricer.  I also use Ore Ida "Steam & Mash" frozen potatoes so I don't overcook them.  One thing I didn't realize until today (too late) is that the dough should be chilled before rolling out.  I will try that next time.  I am hoping to some day get one of those fancy lefse-making sets.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Junie said:

The Apologia cd did not work in the van 😞 but it is working in my computer.

So now I have company while I ITT.  😞 

The Apologia cd is burned as a mp3. If you can convert the file it will run as a regular audio file in your van. I was also frustrated to discover it was a mp3. 

Or, better yet, get a Bookshare account if you qualify and listen to it for free. 🙂 

• Like 3

Query: If it has been exactly 24 hrs since your child was last violently ill, would you show up at a catered church luao? Just you? You and non-sick children? Everyone?

Or, put another way, would you cherish this as an excuse to snuggle under blankets and sip on homemade chicken soup and avoid the cold, wet, dark outdoors and the need to socialize awkwardly with people (because you are adorably? awkward)????

• Like 2