Menu

What's with the ads?

After a used book sale trip yesterday, I now have two sets of My Book House.  

I can’t decide which one to sell!  The 40s version in fair condition or the 70s set that is beautiful.  I kind of want both...

• Like 5

38 minutes ago, LauraBeth475 said:

After a used book sale trip yesterday, I now have two sets of My Book House.  

I can’t decide which one to sell!  The 40s version in fair condition or the 70s set that is beautiful.  I kind of want both...

Keep them both!  

• Like 3

Since you asked for it...

Cutting Words Is Hard to Do

Do, do, do

Down, put your pencil down,

Comma, comma, down put your pencil down,

Comma, comma, down put your pencil down,

Cutting words is hard to do!

Don’t write so much, that you have to cut,

A novel’s worth in a single month.

Don’t you know it’ll make you blue,

‘Cause cutting words is hard to do!

Remember when you wrote all night,

In a hurry to get it right,

Think on that, and get a clue,

Cutting words is hard to do.

They say that writing novels is hard at the start,

Now you know the cutting’s the part,

That every writer will hate,

Editing and chopping up the story into crawfish bait.

Now that I know that no one likes,

A month of cutting words to make it right,

Next time I start anew,

I’ll consider outlining too.

(Not really, it wouldn’t be my style....)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I'm binge-listening to Cadfael whilst editing. I watch a bit, but mostly I'm just listening to it like a background track.

• Like 5

Movingpo.

Told the fam. MIL is really upset (this was expected) SIL is thrilled (this was not). I'm glad the conversation is over. I'm ecstatic SIL is ecstatic!

I forgot to mention that when we mentioned that we were considering Texas MIL informed us that she has checked flights to Texas almost weekly for years and they are never as cheap as what I was claiming so we needed to rule that out. Isn't it great that she has been keeping an eye on that? I did not question her. I wish I had.

• Like 9

The texts are rolling in. Plane tickets a year from now are just as expensive as a flight to Portland which is proof plane tickets are rising.

The drive is 17 hours but it'll take 24-36 because of stops. This is soooooo not how we drive.

Gug.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Slache said:

The texts are rolling in. Plane tickets a year from now are just as expensive as a flight to Portland which is proof plane tickets are rising.

The drive is 17 hours but it'll take 24-36 because of stops. This is soooooo not how we drive.

Gug.

It's a haul, but stopping will be fine. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

It's a haul, but stopping will be fine. 

She stops at all the things. We leave early to avoid traffic and get the kids to fall back asleep and stop as little as possible. We would leave at 4 am and be there by dinner.

• Like 4

I didn't used to like stopping as much as I stop now. My hips hurt more than they used to hurt, and getting out to stretch is something I just have to do now. I understand both sides, though.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

I didn't used to like stopping as much as I stop now. My hips hurt more than they used to hurt, and getting out to stretch is something I just have to do now. I understand both sides, though.

She likes to shop at every gift shop and stop at every viewing point. It takes us less than 2 hours to get home from Mount St. Helens. It took her 7. So with her driving, no, we would never come visit.

• Like 1

Well, that might not be a bad thing, right? And I guess I'm confused as to why you would be driving with her when she is coming to visit. Just might take her a long time to get back and forth, right?

• Like 1

Aren't those pretty! I need to go take pictures of sunflowers this evening. More for painting practice later.

• Like 3

Hi guys! I went for my run this evening! After... 10 days away I think? 

Poor hubby had to go to the ER yesterday after the pain from his fall a week ago kept increasing. Apparently it is a "chest wall contusion." Severe damage/bruising to the cartilage that holds the ribs and the sternum together. Amazingly, no broken ribs. Also no ruptured spleen, which was the ER doc's first guess on observing his pain levels.

Kids are back from youth group camping trip. They had a blast, and seem more grown-up every time they leave and come back. **sniffle**

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

Keep them both!  

I’m seriously tempted.  I like the older set slightly better, but it is too fragile for the girls to handle, and a couple of the stories are marked on.

• Like 2

Egao--im so glad he went to the ER, I hope they gave him the good stuff to help with pain.

laurabeth-- keep them both, you'll be glad you did.  I have a 70's set and love them as a matter of fact, I'm contemplating using several volumes for my 5th grader this year.

• Like 4

I think I may have to take a sick day tomorrow. I was good and just rested and edited today. I cooked a little bit, and did laundry, but I am completely crashing now. Just exhausted. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

I ketched up on this page. Anything that happened before this page...didn't really happen.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ellie said:

Do you know what tomorrow is? MONDAY!!! My favorite day of the week!!!!

I'm planning on a nap.

• Like 3

Great weekend, not ketchupped, very tired, off to bed. Turing Tumble is a great game.

• Like 5

Good Monday Morning!  COFFEE!!  4 kids (all except my oldest) go to writing camp (day camp)  this week.  YAY!  Did I already tell you guys this?  I'm hoping to get something done this week.

Top of the to-do list:  litter box, checkbook and bills, clean out fridge.  <insert green emo>

(((Mr. Egao)))  Glad he got checked!

(((Critter)))  Definitely take the day off, rest, and take care of you!

Slache - go seep!

• Like 7

Good morning!  It’s The Queen’s favorite day!

Must pack up everything.  Get it in van. Eat breakfast. Then we rollin’. ?  But first, 

COFFEE!

• Like 6

Good morning. I'm trying chai again today. I've also made the decision not to keep pushing the half-day school stuff through August. I really, really need a break before getting back to full-time school in September. They're where I want them to be in every subject except science for DD, grammar for DS, and Latin for both. I think I can get them caught up more effectively if I give myself a proper vacation ? 

DH's depression has resurfaced. I'm pretty sure it's mostly situational. He was telling me yesterday that by his count, he has been able-bodied and not in physical pain for a total of 6 of the last 30 months. I think that's accurate. He's had an awful, awful run of luck the past several years. First a broken ankle, then 4 months after he was fully recovered from that, sudden severe back pain led to them eventually finding a congenital spinal defect that needed major surgery to correct, then a full year of recovery from that, and now this happens literally 2 months after he felt better enough to go back to work. What makes it worse is that in his younger days he was a very reckless person, so now every time he gets injured, people who've known him a while are very judgmental and unsympathetic and tend to assume he must have brought it on himself somehow.

Sorry for the sadpo! My run last night was really helpful in buoying up my mood, so I'm not feeling so bad. Just sad and sorry for DH who's going through all of it ? 

• Like 5
  • Sad 4

Grmmining. Am up. Caffeine. Still exhausted. Have told the boys that I am taking a sick day, and they can amuse themselves.

• Like 7

(((Egao's Dh)))

critter, definitely rest

Good Monday morning y'all!  Today is a glorious day, what makes it glorious you ask?  My boy took his first long road trip, sans Mom, all by himself.  He made it!!  I hope he learned the value of planning and doing things mom's way because it really is the right way, lol!  Please note that I'm mostly just kidding, I'm just so happy he's ok.  He's going to an Army school.

• Like 7

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Monday!!!!???? (Sorry, Ellie!! I know you like Mondays!)

Hot!!!?????????????. Although now the foreseeable future shows some temps in the 90’s.

We’re doing a service project today, our family is. Yesterday at church we found out that a small sister church of ours in a neighboring town is doing VBS this week and has a huge staffing need. So, they had a call-out for volunteers. So, we’re going to do that.

EG, so sorry for your DH. Will be Praying!!

Yay for taking the garbage out, Tsuga.

Susan, don’t drive on treacherous roads.

Yay for doing things in an empty house, Lynn!!

Happy Monday, Ellie!!

Yay for kids and independence, Mama25angels!

Critter, you rest up, girl!! We need you feeling tip-top!!

Yay for steps, Jeannie!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 6

So, so, so tired. Baby was up until I can't remember when but at least 3:30-4 and then up again at 7:30. He is a crabby baby today too but won't sleep yet, and he doesn't want to eat anymore. Thank you 4 teeth from hell. The pediatrician swears they are all about to pop in but I can't see them yet. 

I will tackle my closet floor and shelves today. You'd think that would be easy since I did the clothes, but the floor and shelves are piled high with not clothes. 

DS comes back tomorrow! One more night! 

DD(10)'s birthday is quickly approaching. What do 11yr olds want that has nothing to do with youtube, fashion, or trying to be mature- all things she aspires to make her new hobbies? I want to take her camping but the cushy camping place looks booked up and I don't do pee in the trees. 

• Like 5

I can't remember if I told y'all (because tired) but I have to make Baby an appointment with an allergist for testing. Anyone done that with an infant? DD had the scratch test when she was 4 but I can't imagine trying that with a baby. I've been putting it off because it sounds like needles one way or the other. 

• Sad 4

21 minutes ago, Paige said:

I can't remember if I told y'all (because tired) but I have to make Baby an appointment with an allergist for testing. Anyone done that with an infant? DD had the scratch test when she was 4 but I can't imagine trying that with a baby. I've been putting it off because it sounds like needles one way or the other. 

Paige, they'll probably do a blood test for baby, anything else would be cruel.

• Like 1