Menu

Ignore this thread!

I talked to my mom and for about an hour was ecstatically happy that we will get to go to Texas for Christmas, and then Jerky McJerkface kept asking me if I was absolutely positive that we weren't going to be a burden on the family even with staying in a hotel and providing meals and etc.  And now I feel like crap.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Sad 5

53 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I talked to my mom and for about an hour was ecstatically happy that we will get to go to Texas for Christmas, and then Jerky McJerkface kept asking me if I was absolutely positive that we weren't going to be a burden on the family even with staying in a hotel and providing meals and etc.  And now I feel like crap.

Are we allowed to throw snowballs at JerkyMcJerkface? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Susan.....no, you will not be a burden. Staying in a hotel takes most of the burden off. You are ok.

30 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Yes!!!! And get out the flamethrower. And the ENB!!! Haven't seen the ENB for a while.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

Yes!

59 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Susan.....no, you will not be a burden. Staying in a hotel takes most of the burden off. You are ok.

Yes!!!! And get out the flamethrower. And the ENB!!! Haven't seen the ENB for a while.

👍

7 minutes ago, Junie said:

The first tree is our main tree that the family decorates together.  Many of the ornaments were made by someone in the family or were picked up as a memory boost for a special activity that we did.

The second tree is the pretty tree.  Dd16 decorates this tree every year.

The third tree is the little blue tree in dd16 and dd14's room.  Dd14 decorated the tree.  Also, she made all of the doll costumes that are pictured!

IMG_9418.JPG

IMG_9417.JPG

IMG_9409.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I mailed out the Christmas cards!  It’s a little bit sad going through my address list. I see all the crossed out names of those who have died. And then there are those who have moved and never gave new address information- most of them just casual acquaintances.  And then there are the casualties of the Great Purge of 2015 when I decided to stop sending cards to those people who had initiated zero contact with me for years on end- a couple of those people were people I really cared about and it was difficult to realize that they didn’t feel the same towards me. The fact that I never heard from them again after I stopped initiating contact just proved the point.  I still will send out or mail close to 50 cards so it’s not like I don’t have a lot of people in my life. 

-Musings on the Annual Christmas Card List. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Lynn, you are giving me a good reminder as to why I ignore my younger kids' requests to do theater.  Dd20 was enough for me.  Maybe when they are old enough to drive themselves.  Or are in college. I'm a bad mom.

I have to make a Christmas trifle for a Christmas dinner tonight and probably will have to take dd9 to the walk-in clinic because it seems she might have another UTI.

Coffee!

I can’t like this.  You are not a bad mom.

You does the music thingies and concerts and busking and stuffs.  And trifles.  And doctors.  Good mom.

I, on the other hand, do none of these things.  (Except doctors.  I do doctors.  And I do let my kid do dissections.  And we go hands-free biking.  

We all have our things.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Slache said:

"Why do you guys always eat fish? I don't eat fish and I'm still alive." -Pastor

1 hour ago, Junie said:

Jesus ate fish.  In fact, Jesus ate fish for breakfast.  

We found out Sunday that it is Biblical to find out the gender of your baby before it is born. Both Mary and Elizabeth knew they were having boys.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Good morning. 

Welp, it has the official signature on it now. I can announce my news. I am now represented by a literary agent. I had two offers, both from my top choices. Made it hard to choose! But now the hard part begins--getting my story ready to go on submission to editors at the big publishers.

Very excited and nervous!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 7

23 minutes ago, Critterfixer said:

Good morning. 

Welp, it has the official signature on it now. I can announce my news. I am now represented by a literary agent. I had two offers, both from my top choices. Made it hard to choose! But now the hard part begins--getting my story ready to go on submission to editors at the big publishers.

CRITTER!!!!!  That is so awesome!!!!  Confetti!  Cake!  Grapes! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Humph Day!!!

The Kids have Enrichment Academy today. I will drop off soup and cornbread to the in-laws, but I won’t stay. MIL has a doctor’s appointment. And while I am very glad to stay, I am kind of glad that I won’t be, so I can run to Lowe's and get carpet samples and then to Costco and pick up some things, mainly our Christmas cards. Woohoo!!

And Critter, I have to say how incredibly proud and happy and all that I am of you. You are amazing. And I wish you all the success you deserve. Just don’t get too busy and leave your ITT friends.

And now we get to add on to the Critterfixer Art Gallery at the Island. I guess we will call it your writing studio or something. And a museum. We will have a museum there, too. Kind of like a Presidential Library. A whole complex. With a gift shop and cafe.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Good morning. 

Critter!!!! That is so awesome!!!! I am honored to know you, and wish you the best of luck. 🙂

• Like 4

Also, I broke a toe last night. I know it's broken because bruising. Do I need to go to the doctor? I know she'll just order an x-ray, and she might send me to a podiatrist, who will look at the x-ray and say yup, that's broken, and then he'll tell me to tape the toes. I already have a boot (from the last time I broke a toe!).

• Sad 5

Yes, I could use that island! I understand from my agent that she has lots of exciting editing for me to do through the holidays...😂

Thanks, guys! It has been an adventure for sure, and from what I hear, it gets wilder from here on out. Next step is editing, followed by going on submission, a process that I understand to be a little like querying, but with four times the stress and potential for ulcers if a writer doesn't have other things to do. I have another story that is going out to alpha readers over Christmas, so I'll have that to rewrite once edits are done to my first story. Plus I'm supposed to be brainstorming more stories continually and working through two craft books and I have a stack of research, and new fiction books to read and study...Makes me tired just thinking about it. But today--today, there shall be...custard. I'm out of cake!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Ellie said:

Also, I broke a toe last night. I know it's broken because bruising. Do I need to go to the doctor? I know she'll just order an x-ray, and she might send me to a podiatrist, who will look at the x-ray and say yup, that's broken, and then he'll tell me to tape the toes. I already have a boot (from the last time I broke a toe!).

Ouch.

3 hours ago, Junie said:

Susan, did you feel the TN earthquake this morning?

I didn't!  Unless that's what woke me up - I just looked it up, and the 4.4 happened just around the time I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep.  Some people in Nashville reported feeling it.  At least it wasn't The Big One (New Madrid).

• Like 5

I had planned to take the morning off and postpone groceries until tomorrow, but just as I was falling into 2nd sleep, dh called because he left his work backpack at home.  So I drove that to his work and then stopped by Target and treated myself to a pair of Jean's Famous Target Black Multi-Use Pajama Pants, which were on sale, and also found ds14 another pair of pants on clearance.

Tuna sandwiches and apples for lunch.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2