Menu

Ignore this thread!

Matt's boss who we don't like (they're are two, we like the other) looked at his LinkedIn and saw that he's doing this second job. He sent boss who we do like, and was noticeably uncomfortable, to inform him that it was a conflict of interest and he is required to stop his second job. It's not a conflict of interest and they can't make him quit but butthead boss doesn't want anyone to have a second job.

• Sad 3

11 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Good morning. 

Welp, it has the official signature on it now. I can announce my news. I am now represented by a literary agent. I had two offers, both from my top choices. Made it hard to choose! But now the hard part begins--getting my story ready to go on submission to editors at the big publishers.

Very excited and nervous!

Fantastic!!! Congratulations!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Slache said:

Matt's boss who we don't like (they're are two, we like the other) looked at his LinkedIn and saw that he's doing this second job. He sent boss who we do like, and was noticeably uncomfortable, to inform him that it was a conflict of interest and he is required to stop his second job. It's not a conflict of interest and they can't make him quit but butthead boss doesn't want anyone to have a second job.

Given that y’all have a planned exit date (which I am assuming they don’t know about)....do you need the reference for the new job search?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

He should tell them to put the exact conflict in writing and you’ll have your lawyer look at it.  Every time they bring it up, it’s with your lawyer.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ikslo said:

He should tell them to put the exact conflict in writing and you’ll have your lawyer look at it.  Every time they bring it up, it’s with your lawyer.  

You're pretending it's not a horribly abusive, lying, conniving company. We're not worried about it. It takes them like six months to fire someone and we're leaving in three. NO! TWO! They've submitted a report to HR and HR will get back to him eventually with instructions on whether or not he has to quit. To put it lightly, HR is tired of bosses crap.

It's a fight the man BOOYA!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Slache said:

You're pretending it's not a horribly abusive, lying, conniving company. We're not worried about it. It takes them like six months to fire someone and we're leaving in three. NO! TWO! They've submitted a report to HR and HR will get back to him eventually with instructions on whether or not he has to quit. To put it lightly, HR is tired of bosses crap.

It's a fight the man BOOYA!

I was pretending no such thing!  Just playing their game 😉

• Like 5

I have the Magnolia Table cookbook (from the library) to read tonight. Apparently I am doing an advent of cookbooks because I have been reading one a day this month. Tomorrow is Baking but Dorie Greenspan and Friday is the Baking Bible by Rose Levy Beranbaum. 

Last week I read bread making books. This week has been baking (cakes, pastries, etc.) I think next week I am going to focus on ethnic recipes.

I went to a fabulous Indian restaurant yesterday and I have no idea what I ate. I just asked the waiter to bring me something good without coconut in it (cilantro dosa with some kind of filling made of beans and ???) with dipping sauces. One was a lentil soup, one was a cilantro paste kinda like hummus and one was sweet and watery and had tamarind. It was all vegan. 

• Like 2

THE SCALE CHRONICLES: CHAPTER FOUR

Yesterday I put the scale in the garbage (because seriously) and found it this morning back on the bathroom floor.

"Why is the scale on the floor?"
"Because that's where it goes."
"It's broken, it goes in the garbage."
"Well, if you jiggle the top left foot back in place it still works."
"And you neglected to tell me this because..?"
"I don't know."

"OK, so, if you glued it back in place would it work?"
"Yes."
"Could you please do that right now?"
"I don't really fee-"
"COULDYOUPLEASEDOTHATRIGHTNOW?"

The scale is fixed.

Edited by Slache
Babiness pressing buttons!
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Well, Magnolia Table is no longer on my buy list. Beautiful pictures—but she and I clearly very much like the same kinds of food as nearly all of her recipes are ones we already use. 

So far, I haven’t found a must-have cookbook from my lists this year. That’s probably a good thing for my budget, but I am hoping to find some winter recipe inspiration. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Slache said:

:angry:

• Like 1

Between the drive to dh's work and ds's cello lesson and dd's university, I have driven 7+ hours today.  I took a 20 minute nap in the car during the cello lesson which really helped me get through the rest of the day.  I had dinner with dd in the cafeteria because she had extra meal credits - they have a really nice salad bar. And I also had a bacon and spinach grilled sandwich and a large coffee. We got home and I already had my pj's on by the time I realized I left my phone in the car, so it's going to spend the night out there.  Dd20 is happy to be done with chemistry "forever" (she hopes) and is super excited about taking Gross Anatomy in the January term.  

Dh is very sick but "can't possibly stay home from work tomorrow."  We'll see.

• Like 3

Good morning!  I'm up on time today, yay!!  Regular lessons, some sort of food, and more play practice.  I realize, I haven't been nosey, I mean I haven't asked a question of the week in a while, so here goes:  have you completed your Christmas shopping?  I have not, my plan is to get it done next week and begin wrapping, I want it wrapped before Christmas Eve, it will be a first for me if I am able to do it.

• Like 5

Good Morning. 

I have NOT completed Christmas shopping.  We will probably finish quite a bit this weekend.  I have to (gasp!) actually (pray for me) GO into a store in the next week.  I know, the horror the horror!   I'm hoping I can go super early in the morning or really late at night.  Neither is ideal but I hate crowds.

I hate shopping.  I like to buy online.  But I also hate to pay shipping, so if I can't buy it through Amazon or Target online, and it's available locally, I force myself to go into stores.

Three classes, two tutoring sessions (one helping a cousin during dd's tkd), some light snow in the forecast and another day will be done.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, mama25angels said:

Good morning!  I'm up on time today, yay!!  Regular lessons, some sort of food, and more play practice.  I realize, I haven't been nosey, I mean I haven't asked a question of the week in a while, so here goes:  have you completed your Christmas shopping?  I have not, my plan is to get it done next week and begin wrapping, I want it wrapped before Christmas Eve, it will be a first for me if I am able to do it.

Not done yet!  I have to be finished a week from today (before we go out of town.)

10 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Such a busybody!  Asking nosey questions!  Lol!

I have a pair of shoes and stocking stuffers to buy.  I need to pick which soda stream *I* want, and decide if I'm going to buy one more thing for ds11.  That's it.  Stocking stuffers will be a bit more complicated now that we need to make sure everything is gluten-free, but it will be fine.

Stocking stuffers?!?!  Carp.  Oh wait - I don't think we'll bring those with us.  Our usual stocking stuffers are an orange, a candy cane, and then something like chapstick.

9 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Good Morning. 

I have NOT completed Christmas shopping.  We will probably finish quite a bit this weekend.  I have to (gasp!) actually (pray for me) GO into a store in the next week.  I know, the horror the horror!   I'm hoping I can go super early in the morning or really late at night.  Neither is ideal but I hate crowds.

I hate shopping.  I like to buy online.  But I also hate to pay shipping, so if I can't buy it through Amazon or Target online, and it's available locally, I force myself to go into stores.

Three classes, two tutoring sessions (one helping a cousin during dd's tkd), some light snow in the forecast and another day will be done.

Godspeed, my friend!  :laugh:

• Like 4

Good morning!

Aldi and maybe another store, depending on what I can find.  I am mailing very few packages this year, so I'm not feeling the "pre-Christmas mailing deadline panic" of former years.  And I'm not too worried about cards - my goal is to get Christmas cards out before Ash Wednesday.  :laugh:

Coffee!

• Like 7

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Friday Eve!!

I have a pelvic ultrasound today. Oh joy!!! But my GYN is trying to figure out why AF has decided to visit after all this time. I think she just got lonely and missed me.😂

Christmas shopping?? Most of it is done. I need to sit down and organize myself and see what I got and what I need.

I also need to decide on carpeting for the “new” (25 year old) house. Ok, so this is funny. The shower door in the master bathroom doesn’t close right. It looks absolutely brand new, so we’re thinking, “get the people who installed it out here and do it right,” Turns out, it is a very old shower door. The shower is so deep that water never reached it, so apparently nobody cared that it didn't Close right and that is why it looks so pristine.😂

, “

• Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

21 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Good morning!

Aldi and maybe another store, depending on what I can find.  I am mailing very few packages this year, so I'm not feeling the "pre-Christmas mailing deadline panic" of former years.  And I'm not too worried about cards - my goal is to get Christmas cards out before Ash Wednesday.  :laugh:

Coffee!

A couple years ago a friend of mine mailed out her cards and letters in February  greeting for her letter said, “Merry Lent”.😂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

23 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Friday Eve!!

I have a pelvic ultrasound today. Oh joy!!! But my GYN is trying to figure out why AF has decided to visit after all this time. I think she just got lonely and missed me.😂

Christmas shopping?? Most of it is done. I need to sit down and organize myself and see what I got and what I need.

I also need to decide on carpeting for the “new” (25 year old) house. Ok, so this is funny. The shower door in the master bathroom doesn’t close right. It looks absolutely brand new, so we’re thinking, “get the people who installed it out here and do it right,” Turns out, it is a very old shower door. The shower is so deep that water never reached it, so apparently nobody cared that it didn't Close right and that is why it looks so pristine.😂

, “

Bonus!  You'll never have to clean the shower door! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning.

Two days insomnia free after dropping grains.

Got on the scale and my mysterious rapid weight gain has stopped. I gained nearly 15 pounds in a month but I'm back down by 5.

For Christmas we have to get Alex's scooter, MIL's membership to a thing I don't understand, and something for FIL and my Dad. Big kids got scooters and SIL is skipping her phone bill which is totes boring but she mad broke.

• Like 7