Menu

Prayer request.

dirty ethel rackham

Thank you all so much for your prayers.  I was really too upset to pray.  This was a conversation with K, my college freshman, who has not been communicating with us and I have been very worried and upset.  I had some time alone before our call.  Everything turned out very, very well. K acknowledged that the lack of communication looked like they were blowing us off, but that wasn't the intent.  Our concerns were acknowledged.  Misunderstandings were cleared up.  Things we thought were ignored were actually taken care of.  This meme sums up my anxiety ... (only I should add a section that says "You are asserting your independence, but still want $$") 

We sort of solved the problem on both sides by scheduling the next Skype date.  That way if one of us is busy, we will have to reschedule, but it is on the calendar. 

Oh this parenting older kids thing is not for the weak, is it? Glad you've sorted things out again!

I make my kids watch this at regular intervals. We all know the phrase "a mother worries" here. When I'm yakking about "ok. And call me when you get there..." they interrupt with "I know, a mother worries...."