Menu

Would it be wrong if I drank a Mike's with my breakfast?

ILiveInFlipFlops

It probably would, just on principle, right? That last Blood Orange Mike's is taunting me in the fridge right now. There's not even enough alcohol in it to affect me at all (alas). It's just like the best grown-up soda I've ever tasted. I think I'd even choose these over my beloved Coke!

It's caaaaalllllllliiiiiiing meeeeee...

On the plane to Vegas, the lady next to us had 2 Jack and cokes.  It was 7:30am. 

After the first one, she said she usually drinks wine with dinner, but never before.  And then she told us how she had recently broken up with her boyfriend.  After the second one, she told us in GREAT detail how her 12-year old son is hitting puberty, but since he is on the autism spectrum, he doesn't understand things and...  It was brutally awkward.  For everybody in earshot.

Just make sure you won't be seeing anybody for a while after that ;)

Could we copy and paste this thread on a public school teacher's forum somewhere? Because I'm pretty sure this is all the proof they need for what they already suspect, lol. It would make their day. Oh, and I'd have it. I'm dieting, so no alcohol for me, but no reason you shouldn't have some. Would you eat a piece of bacon for me too?

It probably would, just on principle, right? That last Blood Orange Mike's is taunting me in the fridge right now. There's not even enough alcohol in it to affect me at all (alas). It's just like the best grown-up soda I've ever tasted. I think I'd even choose these over my beloved Coke!

Sounds like it's practicaly fresh-squeezed orange juice!  :cheers2:

So how was it?

;)

I want to know the end result.

If it was socially acceptable I would start every morning with a glass of wine. I don't drink very often, but the morning just sounds like the right time. If you have it right before bed then you're wasting 4 hours of a good mood.

You guys are totally making me  :smilielol5:  :smilielol5:  :smilielol5:

I did not get to drink my Mike's before a friend showed up to drop off her DD. Then she was here chatting for awhile and I thought I should probably keep my bad habits to myself. Then I had to run to the store, so I thought it probably was not a great idea to drink any kind of alcohol before hopping in the car during a mild ice storm  :thumbup1:

I got home 20 minutes ago, and the first thing I did was bust open my Mike's. It was as good as I'd hoped it would be. Poor DH, he'll have to stop and pick up more on his way home tonight :(

I'm totally going to remember all your sage advice at breakfast time tomorrow!

ETA: Also, I just realized this says "seasonal edition." That means that at some point, this flavor will no longer be available. I'll just have to drink all I can now in preparation for that shortage. 

I was just thinking this morning how I'm so addicted to coffee. It's such a drug addiction with mood swings and all. I'm more apt to share my Mikes then my coffee.

Well, OK, I'll be honest and say that if I could drink coffee, then yes, that would be my top choice. But I can't, because the caffeine no longer agrees with me. So in lieu of a sweet, creamy iced coffee, I'll have to have a Mike's instead  :w00t:

If a mimosa is acceptable breakfast fare, so is a Blood Orange Mike's.

I may have to make this my signature line.

Could we copy and paste this thread on a public school teacher's forum somewhere? Because I'm pretty sure this is all the proof they need for what they already suspect, lol. It would make their day. Oh, and I'd have it. I'm dieting, so no alcohol for me, but no reason you shouldn't have some. Would you eat a piece of bacon for me too?

:lol: No bacon, but does delicious (and very fatty) spicy salami count? 

I have a whole new perspective on homeschooling Mondays!

Tonight I'll have a whole new perspective on sleepovers. I may have a new perspective on homeschooling Tuesdays though!

Oh like they haven't done it.  Pul-leeze

(this is a joke. I have many public school teacher friends and they would honestly never do such a thing even though if any job could drive me to drink it is that one)

Taco Tuesday can absolutely be preceded by Mikes Monday Mornings! I just makes good sense, because Mikes Monday Night....well that is just not as catchy!

For me....If I had alcohol before lunch I would surely have to take a nap mid-day and I don't usually wake up happy from naps. It wouldn't be worth it, but it might be just the little happy pick me up you need!

On the plane to Vegas, the lady next to us had 2 Jack and cokes.  It was 7:30am. 

After the first one, she said she usually drinks wine with dinner, but never before.  And then she told us how she had recently broken up with her boyfriend.  After the second one, she told us in GREAT detail how her 12-year old son is hitting puberty, but since he is on the autism spectrum, he doesn't understand things and...  It was brutally awkward.  For everybody in earshot.

Just make sure you won't be seeing anybody for a while after that ;)

Bad that she over-shared. lol OTOH, when I've flown First Class (dh travels often, so it's an upgrade.), a bonus is they start pouring 'free' drinks as soon as you sit down, and while everyone else is still loading. So, those folks have a drink before everyone boards, and then again with their eggs. It seems better to ask for Bloody Marys or Mimosas, but I have seen people downing red wine, white, vodka, whiskey etc. lol I think most people pretty much hate to fly.