Menu

My father's funeral was today.

Luanne

He never thought he had much impact or influence on other people ... there were 150-200 people at the funeral.  It was an hour and 12 minutes long.  I saw people I hadn't seen in years and people I didn't even know.  It was really a good memorial. 

Doesn't that make you proud?

I remember going to an uncle's funeral and being so amazed by the stories people had of the uncle. There were a lot of people there, and I could see that he had touched so many lives. Hopefully, this doesn't sound morbid, but it made me think, "When I die, I hope to be this fondly remembered and so missed."

Hugs to you.

Doesn't that make you proud?

I remember going to an uncle's funeral and being so amazed by the stories people had of the uncle. There were a lot of people there, and I could see that he had touched so many lives. Hopefully, this doesn't sound morbid, but it made me think, "When I die, I hope to be this fondly remembered and so missed."

Hugs to you.

I was actually thinking the same thing.... wondering if I am having as much influence on people I am around as my father did. 

I was actually thinking the same thing.... wondering if I am having as much influence on people I am around as my father did.

I can say without a single doubt that I'm sure you are. :)

I'm glad so many people came to show their love and respect for your father. :grouphug:

I am glad the funeral was encouraging. I absolutely dreaded my father's visitation. I didn't know if I could deal with people. But it meant a lot to see people there, and I still remember all the people who made the effort on a cold icy day when everyone would want to stay home. (((Luanne))))