Menu

Prayers Needed for Missing Family *update*

Amber in SJ

http://www.ktvb.com/news/Plane-with-5-passengers-aboard-reported-missing-near-Yellow-Pine-234097161.html

This family belongs to our church.  One of the family members on the plane was in choir with my dd.  Missing are the dad (pilot,) his adult son, his son's wife, his daughter and his daughter's fiancee.  Please pray for this family both those who are lost and those who are here at home waiting to hear.  Pray that the weather will allow the searchers to find them soon.

Thank you,

Amber in SJ

The search has been called off for today.  My heart is so heavy for this family.  My dd was to be at the wedding in January.  The mom (not on the plane but waiting to hear about her DH and children) was my oldest dd's 1st grade teacher.  I can't comprehend surviving in sub-zero temps for so long.

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Idaho-crews-hunt-plane-that-carried-San-Jose-5031705.php

The youngest son is in an early morning religion class with my middle dd.  He came back to class today.  She asked how he is doing and in typical teenage boy fashion he shrugged and said he'd rather be in class than sitting around and waiting to hear the news.  His mom & oldest sister are at the site of the search.  He is staying with family friends here in CA.

I don't even know what to pray for anymore.  I look at my dh & our dd and I think; "I would rather they both went quickly in a crash than have to watch each other freeze to death."

Don't worry, I am not this morbid when I am with others in our congregation who are doing our best to support the family.  I am just feeling hopeless right at this moment. 

Amber in SJ

The youngest son is in an early morning religion class with my middle dd.  He came back to class today.  She asked how he is doing and in typical teenage boy fashion he shrugged and said he'd rather be in class than sitting around and waiting to hear the news.  His mom & oldest sister are at the site of the search.  He is staying with family friends here in CA.

I don't even know what to pray for anymore.  I look at my dh & our dd and I think; "I would rather they both went quickly in a crash than have to watch each other freeze to death."

Don't worry, I am not this morbid when I am with others in our congregation who are doing our best to support the family.  I am just feeling hopeless right at this moment. 

Amber in SJ

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug: 

Still no news, and it is getting more & more bleak.

If you are wondering how to help you can try this:

http://new.tomnod.com/nod/challenge/idsar2013

This is  a way that anyone, anywhere can look at satellite images of the area and see if they can spot anything that might help searchers on site.  Perhaps thousands of eyes looking from the internet can spot something.  You never know.

Also there is a prayer meeting being held for the family here in San Jose at 9:30am Pacific Time.  If you could pause a moment and send a little prayer for the family around that time;  pray for those who are lost that they will be able to hold on, pray for the searchers that they will have the strength & stamina to keep on looking and that they will be guided to the missing, and pray for the family left behind that they will be able to find peace in the future that they are facing.

In short pray for a miracle.

The meeting is at  5700 Comanche Drive, San Jose CA if you are close by and would like to join with us in prayer.  If you are worried about not knowing anyone, send me a PM & I can give you my cell phone # so you can call or text me.

Amber in SJ

According to the comments in this news article that is a false article. http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_24687656/search-continues-idaho-missing-san-jose-pilot-and?source=pkg  I am still praying for a happy outcome to this devasting story. 

• 5 weeks later...