Menu

What Does the Fox Say?

unsinkable

That's supposed to be one of the most popular costumes this year.

Yep. I just went to the library and the preschoolers were there for storytime in their costumes. I saw at least two foxes (possibly a third, but she was also wearing a firefighter's helmet and sparkly red shoes, so hard to tell :)).

It was a fun son until my kids started searching the other songs by the same musicians. Not quite a kid friendly.

Oh, dear... good to know.

Some of the parodies are just as much fun. The Seattle Seahawks (a football team) have one: What does the hawk say? Win win win win win win win!

It was a fun son until my kids started searching the other songs by the same musicians. Not quite a kid friendly.

That doesn't make the song un-fun. Just because an artist does one work that has a G rating doesn't mean the rest of his stuff has a G rating. Think about all the authors that have written both children and adult novels. Just because your child loves books by a certain author doesn't mean all books by that author are appropriate. With regard to music, it just means you still have to watch what they are doing on the internet. 

FWIW, dd and I looked up a few of their songs and had fun doing it together, but dd will be 16 in less than 2 weeks. 

I swear, I'm so suspicious of lyrics after being burned multiple times that I was looking for any hint of inuendo in that video.

Nope, didn't find any.

We're good.

(We love foxes and often hear them outside--at least two live on our property and we saw kits last year that were simply adorable.)

My daughters' clogging teacher just choreographed a dance to this song after everyone was singing it at their Halloween party!  SHe had never heard it until then and someone showed it to her on her phone.  3 days later as a surprise, she unveiled the new dance she had created for it, to much applause from the kids!

I just bumped into a friend of mine who is a farmer.  His farm is called Foxwhelp Farm.  And they have them right now - fox whelps, I mean.  So I asked him, what does the fox say? According to him, it's kind of a laryngitic bark.   Watching my friend - an 80+ year old farmer - doing the larngitic bark in the parking lot of the local grocery store was almost as funny as the video!!  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

That song is so fun, I always chuckle when I hear it. There is a t-shirt that I want to buy but don't for fear of embarrassing my teens. It has a fox surrounded by all his sounds. My three and five year olds love the song; we watch the video every few days.

Where??  My son would LOVE a shirt like that.

I decided to share it on my fb this evening. Thanks. I was bored. My kids love it and all say the elephant goes toot each time they see an elephant in something... The Elephant line is hilarious to me for some reason. I think I've watched this video at least 20 times within the last month or so LOL

Well, ya'll can help me, then.

I endured the video (well part of it!) this weekend, until thankfully I was called away to help in the kitchen. I could not for the life of me figure out what was funny about it. Everyone else was laughing, or saying it was so funny, and I got nothin.

All I could figure was that the basis of it was that peculiar toy with all the animal sounds that for whatever reason doesn't really make a recognizable sound for the fox.

Or maybe I'm just deficient in music video humor.

Well, ya'll can help me, then.

I endured the video (well part of it!) this weekend, until thankfully I was called away to help in the kitchen. I could not for the life of me figure out what was funny about it. Everyone else was laughing, or saying it was so funny, and I got nothin.

All I could figure was that the basis of it was that peculiar toy with all the animal sounds that for whatever reason doesn't really make a recognizable sound for the fox.

Or maybe I'm just deficient in music video humor.[/quote

It requires a special kind of humor. All the guys at work think it's the funniest thing ever, but they have the collective maturity of an eight year old.

It requires a special kind of humor. All the guys at work think it's the funniest thing ever, but they have the collective maturity of an eight year old.

I didn't find it...anything. Just a lot of noise, people dancing around in animal costumes in the woods.

Honestly, though, that's my reaction to just about any music video of any kind. Never did like them as a child or a teen. All I could think about was how mortified I would be to have to act so silly in front of a camera.

I swear, I'm so suspicious of lyrics after being burned multiple times that I was looking for any hint of inuendo in that video.

Nope, didn't find any.

We're good.

Well, then I guess I shouldn't mention that I have several friends who heard it before they saw the video, and they thought the chorus was "What the F***" instead of "What the Fox"

Their Intelevator videos are mostly clean.  A couple of them have crude language uttered by the people being pranked.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought about being a fox dancer from the video for Halloween, but I have a feeling no one at work would get it.

My eight year old and his buddies screamed, "What does the fox say?" instead of, "Trick-or-Treat" this year - and they said that most people knew exactly what they were talking about.

My youngest was a fox for Halloween. Everyone kept asking her what does the fox say? She kept answering about the mating call how it sounds like a woman screaming LOL! We have foxes all over here so she has heard them many times but everyone kept looking at her funny!!!!! She has never heard the song she just loves animals so she saw the fox and had to be it for Halloween LOL