Menu

Headed to the US of A tomorrow!

Mom in High Heels

Okay ladies, tomorrow is the big day!   After 5 years (this time), we're moving back to the US.  We leave Frankfurt tomorrow morning at 10am local time, and due to the time change, arrive at 11:30am local time.  I soooo do not look forward to the 9 hour time change.  I also do not look forward to spending 10.5 hours on a plane with a 2 year old.  We don't have seat assignments yet, and Indy said maybe we'd get split up into 2's like we did last time, and then he and I can sit and talk about that guy with the noisy baby.  ;)  IF we have to be split up, which is not ideal, but we'll be fine, James Bond will sit with Han Solo, because Han Solo will be much better on the flight with JB than with me.  He's not a whiny kid, but when he's tired, he can be less than happy, and will whine if he's sitting with me.  Figures.  

On Friday, we're supposed to go house hunting and hopefully find a place to live.  If you guys don't hear from me, it's not because I'm off devouring cupcakes (though I might have 1 or 3 in celebration of being in the US).  Hopefully I'll be able to update from the hotel on what's going on, unless I'm comatose on jet lag and cupcakes.  I'll miss you!  

Have a safe trip and good luck with the house hunting!  Take it VERY easy, the first few days or week. Because of the jet lag,  you and JB will be impaired. Don't be in a hurry to sign any contracts for housing, or anything else, until you get over the jet lag. 

You know about the "culture shock", when you return to the USA, so hopefully that will be easier for you to cope with.

Hoping that your family was able to sit together on the long Westbound flight across the pond.