Menu

Have you seen this? Hottest Hunks of PBS

I am stunned by the omission of Colin Firth as Mr. Darcy...

I am also :lol: at the inclusion of Norm Abrams... when my kids were little, they didn't watch any TV of their own, but did sometimes sit with dh as he watched This Old House and New Yankee Workshop.  It was really funny when they were about 3-4yo and we went to Old Sturbridge Village Bookstore, and they saw a display of books and were all.. "Look, mommy, it's NORM!!!"  Like other kids would freak out about a cartoon character...

Jason Issacs, SWOON.

A few of those guys did not have the "it" factor...Mr. Rogers and Bill Nye the Science guy, to name a couple.

What's up with Colin Firth not making it and what's his name from the first season of MI-5, the head spy dude...oh, Matthew something? Both of them should have made it. I am actually a little miffed about this.

As for the actor that played Loki in the Avengers...yes, definitely add him.

Thank goodness no one got it in their head that Rowan Atkinson should be on that list. YIKES!

Faith

That was awesome!

Step aside, Cumberb*tches!! 

I prefer Cumberbabe.  That was not the most flattering photo of him.

That Eddie guy at number 8 really creeped me out!

WHAT?  I adore Eddie Redmayne (such a British last name!).  I first saw him in Pillars of the Earth.  He's a really good actor and they are not wrong about the whole "voice of an angel" thing.  

I don't get the attraction to Sherlock.  Then again I don't like super skinny men. 

In and of itself I don't find his looks to be smokin' - passingly attractive, yes.  However, for me the real draw is his talent. He's a legitimately talented actor, and sadly those are somewhat of a rare breed in the general "up and coming" acting population. Plus, I've always loved Sherlock Holmes so I kind of love him for portraying SH how I always imagined him in my head. (I have similar feelings for Robert Carlyle in relation to his work as Rumpelstiltskin).

Too many from Downtown Abby.  Or as my husband likes to joke - they only have 10 actors in the UK.  LOL.

Anyway... Laurence Fox... I normally don't like super skinny men either - but yum.   I'm so sorry they've discontinued Inspector Lewis.  

I was so glad to see Nathaniel Parker on the list too. 

Bill Nye, Travis Smiley, and Charlie Rose - seriously?? Is that the best they can do?? 

I would add:

Michael Kitchen

Rupert Penry-Jones

Paul McCann

Toby Stephens

And the guy from the American version of Antiques Roadshow.

okay I could go on.   But, obviously the people who made this list haven't been watching much.  :lol:    Not that I have opinions or anything  ;)

Yeah, I'll be the engineer for the Jason Isaacs train. Hop on board!  I adore him :001_wub: .

This list made me realize, I have some serious cred for being a PBS/BBC period drama junkie. I cut out every picture I could find of Jeremy Irons and Anthony Andrews in Brideshead Revisited. Apparently that was in 1982---I was 12!! 

I wonder if I'm really leaning toward a list of hottest Brit actors rather than hottest PBS actors? Anyway, I can't believe Clive Owen didn't make the cut - to me he's been on PBS at least as marginally as Jeremy Irons.

As for Bill Nye, well, I think Oscar the Grouch is hotter than Bill.

I wonder if I'm really leaning toward a list of hottest Brit actors rather than hottest PBS actors? Anyway, I can't believe Clive Owen didn't make the cut - to me he's been on PBS at least as marginally as Jeremy Irons.

As for Bill Nye, well, I think Oscar the Grouch is hotter than Bill.

I agree.  Clive Owen had that great Cop drama where he's going blind.  I enjoyed that series.  The thing is that many of the Brit actors got their start here in the US on PBS shows.  I remember seeing Daniel Craig in a very good Brit. Mystery on Masterpiece Mystery years before he was Bond. 

And Ewan McGregor was a young punk r#pist on a Cavanaugh QC I saw many years ago.