Menu

Terrible hair cut

Whereneverever

I really hate it when that happens!

If it's any consolation, three haircuts ago I hated mine, too. It was from someone who had been cutting my hair successfully for more than 10 years, and I hated it so much I broke up with my stylist. It was way too short. I looked ugly and fat and it didn't matter that she told me it looked good.

My husband loved it, too. And a week later, I'd gotten used to it and even liked it. I've gotten it cut that way twice since, but I still have a new stylist.

(Translation: You might hate it until it grows out, but you may just find yourself liking it in a week or two. Don't despair!)

Guest submarines

I think if you get a haircut that isn't what you were expecting, your automatic response is Aah! This is terrible! Etc. I do it too. Give it a week and then ask yourself if you like it or not.

It is really cute :)

:iagree: It is frustrating when a stylist doesn't do what you want them to do. However I agree that the haircut is lovely on you. It is subtle and feminine, and it accentuates your delicate features.

It also looks like it will grow out nicely. I hope you feel better about it when you have the time to adjust. :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

That's what I wanted my last haircut to look like (suffice to say it didn't...at all). We're not just humoring you when we say we like it; it really is lovely on you.

But I am sympathetic to the I Hate My Haircut feeling. I still cringe at a horrible haircut I once got, and it was 25 years ago. Difference is, that one really was horrific. I was in a wedding shortly after the cut, and the bride burst into tears when she saw me. Which, I'm assuming, has not happened in your case. So you have that going for you, which is nice. :)

I think the cut looks great on you btw. In fact I'd like to grow my hair out to that cut, but it will take some time.

I'm here growing out my worst cut ever, ever, ever :scared: . It was April 9th and for weeks, I was stunned to actually hate my hair. It was a short, freaky layered cut, that a new girl textureized to death and did I mention it was crazy short. She styled and curled it before I left (it looked ridiculous, like I laughed when I looked at it) and I like an idiot thought it was the fact that she curled it. (I have straight hair and never curl it btw.) The guy that regularly cuts my hair moved to another salon :confused1: . I found him and he fixed it, but it was pretty much beyond fixing; it needed time to grow out. So, it's been a long 77 days and now my hair is chin length. Now I can look in the mirror without crying or laughing.

I'm sorry the style isn't what you hoped for (it's darling, though :thumbup: ). It's also a really well done cut. It is shaped really well, and the layers are nice and textured. Even if it's not a cut you will ever do again, at least you can rest assured that strangers won't be judging you because of an awful haircut!

I have had two horrendous hair cuts in my life. The first one when I was 14 and the girl cut my bangs to shorter than one inch on one side. My hair was straight at the time and it stuck strait up. It was horrid and my mother cried when we got to the car (after she chewed the girl and the manager out). The second one was right before a friends wedding. My regular hairstylist gave me a mullet. It was horrible and the poor girl fixing our hair for the wedding had a time getting mine to look like anything. So if it is any consolation, while you may not love your hair, it is still long enough to be worked with. I think it is cute but I can understand you not liking it also. I hate it when they cut my hair shorter than I want. It is actually a phobia of mine. ;-)

I like it as well. I'm sorry it's not what you wanted. Is it any consolation that many here have said it looks good?

I broke up with a stylist after she hacked my hair into a true mullet. It was awful. Even my dh who really doesn't have an opinion about my hair said it was really bad. I cried for weeks. It was *not* even a good cut. Complete mullet. My hair also grows very painfully slow. It has taken me over 2 years to grow it out.

I really like it as well. I have a similar cut, but longer. I use a flat iron to straighten it completely, and it really makes a difference. It makes it look more clean lined if that makes sense.

Can't comment on the haircut because I like my hair cut even on the bottom. But the color of your hair is absolutely gorgeous!! And that's what stood out to me when I looked at the photo. Not the cut.

:iagree: to both points.

In the first picture your baby looks lovely. Your haircut is lovely too and hopefully grows on you. Most times I get a horrible hair cut as my hair is really hard to cut. The only time I had a great haircut was by a very experienced professional hairstylist for my wedding. Can't afford to pay for top notch hairstylist everytime so I ended up cutting my own hair.

If you don't like it, it won't matter how many other people tell you they love it. Wait a week or two and if you still don't like it, maybe a stylist could do something to it to help you like it better? Or just wait for it to grow out. Pretty soon you will be needing another haircut.

BTW, you have beautiful hair.

I didn't get to see the pic, but it will grow. :) I know...because I got a new haircut three weeks ago and HATED it. It was so much shorter than I expected. My kids actually laughed at it! :o Hubby was just like, "Wow." And NOT in a good way. But, now that it's grown out a little, I really LOVE it. Hang in there! You may like it in a few weeks.

I think the cut looks great on you btw. In fact I'd like to grow my hair out to that cut, but it will take some time.

I'm here growing out my worst cut ever, ever, ever :scared: . It was April 9th and for weeks, I was stunned to actually hate my hair. It was a short, freaky layered cut, that a new girl textureized to death and did I mention it was crazy short. She styled and curled it before I left (it looked ridiculous, like I laughed when I looked at it) and I like an idiot thought it was the fact that she curled it. (I have straight hair and never curl it btw.) The guy that regularly cuts my hair moved to another salon :confused1: . I found him and he fixed it, but it was pretty much beyond fixing; it needed time to grow out. So, it's been a long 77 days and now my hair is chin length. Now I can look in the mirror without crying or laughing.

I'm still growing out a bad cut from the week before Thanksgiving and from your description we may have had the same stylist :). It is still so bad that as of now I plan on never having it cut again and going back to long French braids and messy buns.

Oh, you poor dear. It is pretty awful to fear a stylist. I forgot to mention that my cut is totally different on each side; it's like I have two different hair cuts, but I'm chicken to go have it fixed.

I'm still growing out a bad cut from the week before Thanksgiving and from your description we may have had the same stylist :). It is still so bad that as of now I plan on never having it cut again and going back to long French braids and messy buns.