Menu

My Amazon complaint - Prime no longer seems to mean 2 day shipping

tammyw

I just placed an order for two items. Both are marked in stock and available for Prime. I selected free two day shipping. One item is showing to arrive on time. The other is set to arrive next Wednesday. Seriously?

The thing is, last week I placed an order and the exact same thing happened.

I certainly won't be renewing Prime again if this is the way they now handle it. First they get rid of the buy four for the price of three and now Prime isn't really two day shipping?

Barnes and Noble is definitely going to be getting more business because of this.

I just wanted to say that I've noticed that some of the books in my cart that were formerly 4 for 3 have had price drops. Poppy, for example, went from $5.99 to $3.32. There were another couple of titles that have gone down, too.

I order a lot from Amazon, and have only had a handful of items not arrive in the 2 days. It is frustrating when it happens, though.

They still win, hands down, over Barnes & Noble for me. The few things I've ordered from B&N have come in damaged, and their customer service isn't as good as Amazon. And I stopped by B&N yesterday, thinking I'd surprise one of my sons with a new book on knights or castles. They had a grand total of 2 books in stock. But they had plenty of toys and games taking up space!

I just wanted to say that I've noticed that some of the books in my cart that were formerly 4 for 3 have had price drops. Poppy, for example, went from $5.99 to $3.32. There were another couple of titles that have gone down, too.

I order a lot from Amazon, and have only had a handful of items not arrive in the 2 days. It is frustrating when it happens, though.

They still win, hands down, over Barnes & Noble for me. The few things I've ordered from B&N have come in damaged, and their customer service isn't as good as Amazon. And I stopped by B&N yesterday, thinking I'd surprise one of my sons with a new book on knights or castles. They had a grand total of 2 books in stock. But they had plenty of toys and games taking up space!

That's good to hear about price drops on some of those books. I'll look into that.

My biggest complaint is that we pay for the benefit of Prime, yearly. The fact that this has now happened on my last two orders is really unacceptable, especially for an item that is in stock and ready to ship. And it's for a birthday present for my daughter. If they can't fix the problem, I'll have to cancel the order and buy it at the BN store anyway.

That's good to hear about price drops on some of those books. I'll look into that.

My biggest complaint is that we pay for the benefit of Prime, yearly. The fact that this has now happened on my last two orders is really unacceptable, especially for an item that is in stock and ready to ship. And it's for a birthday present for my daughter. If they can't fix the problem, I'll have to cancel the order and buy it at the BN store anyway.

That does stink. I know others have complained about it, too. I hope they're able to fix whatever the hold up is.

I complained my last order and they fixed it arrive at 2 days instead if the week it was showing. I got an explanation about it being in stick and amazon vs non amazon. I appreciated them making it right but I too may not do prime again due to many orders going well beyond 2 days. If you order on Wed it will be the next Wed before it arrives in their opinion

I complained my last order and they fixed it arrive at 2 days instead if the week it was showing. I got an explanation about it being in stick and amazon vs non amazon. I appreciated them making it right but I too may not do prime again due to many orders going well beyond 2 days. If you order on Wed it will be the next Wed before it arrives in their opinion

It's so frustrating, isn't it? This one is coming directly from Amazon, so they really have no excuse. I'm on "chat" with them right now, and it's taking forever. First she said "it's not released yet so that's why we can't send it" and I had to inform her it was actually released in February and Barnes and Noble has it in store for pickup right now. And Amazon's web site even says "in stock". I just hate that every time I place an order now, it takes half an hour getting their ridiculous shipping issues sorted out.

I think they must be having problems.

They couldn't resolve the issue, so I had to cancel and will just buy in person at Barnes and Noble.

I've been wondering if there's any correlation between the relative slow down and the articles that keep coming out about the working conditions in, um, let's say the type of warehouses that large internet companies would utilize in order to get their merchandise delivered in 2 days (since none of the articles will name names.)

I don't want my stuff in 48 hours if it means treating people like they're saying and paying them peanuts.

Others here have said the same, but it has yet to happen to me. I ordered something just this week and got it in 2 days.

I ordered on Monday, Tuesday, and yesterday, and my order arrived yesterday and one is slated for today and tomorrow. If I order on Thursday (late in the day) or Friday (late in the day) they won't arrive until Tuesday or Wednesday, but I've always chalked it up to the weekend. There have been just as many times when I ordered on a Thursday and instead of coming on Saturday or Monday, it arrived on Friday.

But like I said, I order a lot. Pretty much everything except for groceries and basic household items.

This thread prompted me to check an order I placed at about 0830 today. It's already been shipped and should be here tomorrow. Maybe it depends on how close you are to a distribution center? This item is being shipped from SC to FL and it already showed as "in transit to carrier" at 10:09:42 AM!

I've been wondering if there's any correlation between the relative slow down and the articles that keep coming out about the working conditions in, um, let's say the type of warehouses that large internet companies would utilize in order to get their merchandise delivered in 2 days (since none of the articles will name names.)

I don't want my stuff in 48 hours if it means treating people like they're saying and paying them peanuts.

Do you have a link to one such article handy? I'd be interested to read it. Thanks!

I use Prime constantly and haven't had that problem either. I often get items the next day, too (I live close to a distribution). The only exception is that occasionally an item will say "ships in X business days" and then I get it 1-2 days after it ships. But it shows that on the item page and at checkout, so I'm guessing you would have noticed that?

I use Prime constantly and haven't had that problem either. I often get items the next day, too (I live close to a distribution). The only exception is that occasionally an item will say "ships in X business days" and then I get it 1-2 days after it ships. But it shows that on the item page and at checkout, so I'm guessing you would have noticed that?

Yes, just before accepting the final order, I noticed it wasn't going to be here until next Wednesday. I placed the order anyway, and then got on chat with them, as last week they were able to speed it up by changing it to one day shipping without charging me. They said if they did that this time, it would actually come LATER than when it's expected.

Eh. Obviously this isn't up there with the big world problems. In the past, they've always been good and I used to get my stuff within two days. I just found it weird that the last two orders placed, same issue.

I just placed an order for two items. Both are marked in stock and available for Prime. I selected free two day shipping. One item is showing to arrive on time. The other is set to arrive next Wednesday. Seriously?

I had the same thing happen to me--several of the items I selected showed Prime but after I confirmed popped up a shipping date of 5-7 days. If it's truly an item I need fast I've been using the one day delivery for $3.99 as that's been fairly reliable. Prime is still a good deal for me, just not as good as when everything was 2 day.

I ordered on Monday, Tuesday, and yesterday, and my order arrived yesterday and one is slated for today and tomorrow. If I order on Thursday (late in the day) or Friday (late in the day) they won't arrive until Tuesday or Wednesday, but I've always chalked it up to the weekend. There have been just as many times when I ordered on a Thursday and instead of coming on Saturday or Monday, it arrived on Friday.

But like I said, I order a lot. Pretty much everything except for groceries and basic household items.

I've found that lately when I've ordered things on Thursday, 2 day shipping has it delivered on Saturday, when previously it would be Monday or Tuesday. I actually ordered something today that when I ordered was estimated to arrive Saturday. It has since shipped and I will receive it tomorrow (Friday).

I ordered a present Tuesday. Paid for two day shipping. It shipped today. I'm not a happy customer right now.

I'm not sure why you're upset. Two day shipping is just that. It is guaranteed to arrive two days after it ships. Amazon has never claimed that those two days include the time it may take to get the order in and boxed up ready for shipping.

I'm not sure what time you ordered on Tuesday either, if it was late, then very possibly your order didn't enter the system until some time on Wednesday.

I know if I order after say 5pm, I don't even expect my order to go through until the next day and figure it can take up to a day to get to it in the line of orders to pack and send out for shipping. The two days don't start until it's sent off to the shipping company.

After I went through the same thing, I started paying careful attention to the "order in the next XX hours and receive your order by" notice. I did notice that helped a bit. I'm definitely not an expert, but I think the location of the warehouse makes a difference. For the most part, I get my items in two or three days, but for a while there, it was closer to a week on everything.

I have been more annoyed by the 'add on item' thing that they are doing now. :glare:

I have two Amazon orders currently en route at the moment. One initially said that part of the order wouldn't arrive until Monday. It is now scheduled to arrive tomorrow with the rest of the order. Part of my second order says it wouldn't arrive until Tuesday (but there was a notation with the book that "this item takes 3 days to ship"). It is now scheduled to arrive Monday, and I'm wondering if they won't change that to tomorrow as well. I've also had three separate orders with Saturday arrivals. That's new for me. Usually those were delayed until Monday.

I've only had shipping issues once.

I ordered a 48-pk of AA batteries about two or three weeks before Christmas. They should have come two-day Prime, but didn't. After two weeks, Amazon canceled the order and I bought my batteries at Sam's. Whatever. Out of the thousands of things I've bought from Amazon, they're bound to mess it up once in a while, right? Well, just two days after buying batteries, I got an email from Amazon apologizing about the mess-up and notification that they were sending me batteries, free of charge. Two days later, I got 12 packs of 48 batteries each. :ohmy: I don't now if we'll ever have to buy batteries again!

Something is definitely going on with amazon. I have always received my orders in 2 days as long as I ordered early enough in the day. Lately that has not been the case. Amazon is either not shipping my items out as quickly as they claim (in stock items ordered before the timer for the day runs out have always been shipped the same day) or they're not giving me 2 day shipping. It is a problem when you rely on it. I'm worried that maybe they have spent so much money adding movies to prime that now they can't afford to give me the shipping perks. I bought prime for the shipping, not the movies.

In 3 years I have only had 1 item not arrive in 2 days. That item was completely lost during shipping and they had to resend it.

I've only had shipping issues once.

I ordered a 48-pk of AA batteries about two or three weeks before Christmas. They should have come two-day Prime, but didn't. After two weeks, Amazon canceled the order and I bought my batteries at Sam's. Whatever. Out of the thousands of things I've bought from Amazon, they're bound to mess it up once in a while, right? Well, just two days after buying batteries, I got an email from Amazon apologizing about the mess-up and notification that they were sending me batteries, free of charge. Two days later, I got 12 packs of 48 batteries each. :ohmy: I don't now if we'll ever have to buy batteries again!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My funny mix up is they sent the wrong order to my mom (from me) for Christmas. I ordered a few weeks before Christmas (a CD and DVD that she picked) and she put the box under her tree. On Christmas, she opened it to find 3 Green Day cds.....

Amazon apologized, sent her a return sticker and paid for overnight shipping for her items.

Also, I have gotten shipping refunded. We ordered college textbooks and needed them overnight. It IS 1 or 2 days after placing the order. If you will remember it says "if you want it by..."

I"ve been having issues the last couple of months too. I have student prime so I only paid 1/2 price, and it has helped make me not so irritated. I've also had wayyyyy more stuff shipping "smart post" and the post office doesn't care what amazon quotes as delivery date. So those can vary - and I always call and complain if they are late. If they would tell me they were shipping "smart post" i would almost ALWAYS pay to upgrade it to overnight.

I've also encountered a lot more, "Sorry, nothing we can do about it." when they mess up on shipping.... since it was free prime they don't refund anything (obviously), but the whole things leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I've had no problems with my prime shipping. Even had stuff arrive in just 24 hours of placing the order. Which is awesome.

Last week I ordered a book in the wrong language and told them I would be sending it back. They said not to bother and sent my the right one the next day at no charge. I donated it to good will because we have a large spanish speaking population here. I thought that was awesome!

Maybe it depends on where you live? Almost everything I've ordered has been here within one or two days. Even if I wasn't receiving in two days, I think Prime is worth it for the free shipping. Of course, I also like Prime for the free Kindle books via lending library and free movies.

We live in S. California. The thing is I've never had an issue really until lately. I do realize that two day shipping means the shipping "time" but until now, it's always shipped the same day. It just seems something is changing. Since we don't use their movie service (I use netflix) or kindle, the only benefit for me is the shipping. I've come to rely on being able to order it three days before needing it (in this case a birthday present for my daughter), so when it takes a week, it really throws me off.

I ordered a present Tuesday. Paid for two day shipping. It shipped today. I'm not a happy customer right now.

Did you order from Amazon itself or a 3P seller? 3P sellers always have two days to ship, and then how they ship depends on what you pay for. So for 2 day shipping you should still budget 4 days.

When I did 3P selling, I always tried to ship by the next day. Especially when the customer had upgraded the shipping. But it's not required.

I don't have prime, but recently placed some orders. I noticed things that were 3rd party items sold through Amazon are taking a bit longer than normal (free shipping, non-prime). It my case it seems they're moving items that might be scattered through various warehouses to one central location to ship. It took one order several days to ship, where I've had non-prime orders ship within 24 hours in most cases.

Also, I think weather has played a role in some cases this winter. Most of my packages, even with free shipping, show up a day earlier than indicated. We also have a small post office, if packages come in before 8am that morning, they'll be delivered that day.

It does seem like there are some internal changes happening that some customers are getting caught in. I've rarely had Amazon not take care of any customer service issue I have. Sometimes it's a credit to my account. I still find them easier to deal with than some companies.

The problem is they aren't consistent. I am real careful to check the 'order by xx to arrive by xx" statement. I can order 10 things on one day and half will arrive in 2 days. The other half is again split...some will ship in 2 days, some won't ship or arrive in a week! I used to get 2 days on everything. But now they tell me some items don't ship for a week and I need to pay attention to that when ordering. Ugh. Why not ship in a week??? It's a book???

We live in S. California. The thing is I've never had an issue really until lately. I do realize that two day shipping means the shipping "time" but until now, it's always shipped the same day. It just seems something is changing. Since we don't use their movie service (I use netflix) or kindle, the only benefit for me is the shipping. I've come to rely on being able to order it three days before needing it (in this case a birthday present for my daughter), so when it takes a week, it really throws me off.

That is definitely my feeling - something is just "off". I don't know if it is a warehouse issue or not, something has changed for my deliveries.

I also rarely use the movie service, and the kindle books only work on the kindle not on my iPad, shipping is my biggest thing. When I no longer have my student discount i will have to go back to pondering it being worth it.

Did you order from Amazon itself or a 3P seller? 3P sellers always have two days to ship, and then how they ship depends on what you pay for. So for 2 day shipping you should still budget 4 days.

When I did 3P selling, I always tried to ship by the next day. Especially when the customer had upgraded the shipping. But it's not required.

In stock from Amazon LLC. And it arrived today even though the confirmation email said Monday. Less upset.

Okay, I placed orders with Amazon last week on the 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th (yes, I know). The items ordered on the 6th and 7th had an expected delivery date of today, the 11th, with the exception of one item that was delayed until the 13th. The items ordered on the 8th and 9th had a delivery date of tomorrow, the 12th. However, when I checked the tracking today, everything is listed as "out for delivery" today, even the item that was delayed until the 13th and the item ordered on Saturday. For my orders, the stuff I ordered on Wednesday afternoon is coming a little beyond two days (or maybe right at two days depending on how you count it and the fact that there's a weekend in there). But the items ordered on the 8th and especially on the 9th are actually arriving sooner than expected. I think maybe what Amazon does is list the latest expected delivery date. That way the order will come as expected, or maybe you'll be pleasantly surprised by an early arrival. I think they're doing just fine.

I have an order sitting at the post office that arrived there Saturday and it isn't out for delivery today.

:banghead:

I despise "Smartpost".

The add-on stuff is irritating because a couple of the items were ones I was looking for - but didn't need anything to make it $25.

I think I have one more renewal at student pricing, but after that all bets are off....

some things I've ordered have ended up being delivered the next day when UPS transferred them to the regular postal service (hate that).....other things have taken ALOT longer even though I selected prime free 2day shipping-I went back and read the fine print and they were coming from CHINA.....going to have to be more careful when I order I guess.....

When I moved to Alaska I still had several months left of Prime membership. Well, Amazon doesn't offer Prime to residents of AK or HI. Amazon delivered to a 3rd party shipper in Anchorage, which saved up enough packages to fill up a plane. Since I lived in a remote village, it normally took a MONTH for items to arrive. Once I paid extra for rush shipping, and they sent it the exact same way as they did for the free shipping items, and when I complained they did refund my shipping charges.

A few things Amazon sent Priority, and I would get in a week. Amazingly, they sent dog food that way. I would pay $30 for a 40# bag of dog food that cost them $35 to ship!