Menu

Is there a store you can't live without?

For me, it's Costco.

I love Costco. Whenever we go, we're there for at LEAST 2 hours. We've had our Costco membership for 3 years now and I don't know what I would do without it.

I dream about our Costco trips. (The nearest one is an hour away from us - we go at least once a month.) We're going this coming weekend!!!

For me, it's Costco.

I love Costco. Whenever we go, we're there for at LEAST 2 hours. We've had our Costco membership for 3 years now and I don't know what I would do without it.

I dream about our Costco trips. (The nearest one is an hour away from us - we go at least once a month.) We're going this coming weekend!!!

Do you have the membership that pays you back? Does it really give you a good check at the end? We have the basic and my MIL actually pays it as a gift every year. I'm debating if it is worth it to upgrade.

[Do you have the membership that pays you back? Does it really give you a good check at the end? We have the basic and my MIL actually pays it as a gift every year. I'm debating if it is worth it to upgrade.

We have had our Costco membership for 3 years now..we upgraded the membership to get the rebates and we also have the Costco American Express Card which gives us rebates on all purchases made using that card. We use it when we eat out, all gas purchases..etc. (We keep careful records and are sure ot pay it off every month.)

If you take out the higher membership and your rebate doesn't cover the additional expense, they will refund your membership.

Let me say I really wish they would just not have to have memberships and I really dont' understand why they do that. But yes, the rebates are very fun to get and we get a free shopping trip once from Costco directly and once from the American Express rebate.

I don't know what I would do without Costco anymore!

It's really a three-way tie, but I will pick Harry's (Whole Foods). As a GF family, they are the only place that has everything we can eat. Trader Joe's has some good GF stuff, but not near the selection that Harry's has. Costco also has so many wonderful items, but again I can find them elsewhere, if I have to.

When we thought we were moving to Chattanooga TN, I knew I would be doing the I-75 thing at least once a month to come down to Harry's in Marietta, GA. Oh and there's a Costco near there too. ;)

Without a doubt, it would have to be Safeway. No, not that I adore the store so very much, but it is the only decent sized grocery in a 75 mile radius. I gladly drive the 8 miles or so to get there. We manage to get to Costco every three months or so to stock up on some things but for the most part, it's Safeway. And since I go there so much, I know all the people who work there and they are such a kind, helpful bunch, I love them.

COSTCO!!! We love Costco and go about twice a month, sometimes more. Dh and the kids love Costco too and they are always asking to go.

We've been members for 4+ years and spend waaaay too much money there. I tease the cashier all the time about how they need to treat us right because we are one of their top customers!

Liz in NC

I don't think I could live without jaggery goor or basmati. I love browsing the CD's at the charity shops. The hospital a block away has an auxiliary shop, and they often have some awesome CD's of 40's music and videos of classic 40's movies. I've picked up some prizes there. I call my mother and get excited about an old movie or music or clothes or shoes I found at this shop. She thinks it is hilarious since I spent my adolescence rebelling against 1940's stufrf.

We are converting some lofts right now. We'll be finished in a month or two, so we'll be moving again. I hope I'll have access to Indian food supplies. I'm sure there will be charity shops where we move.

WALMART! Bwahahahahahahahahahah!

Just kidding. I can't imagine there would be a store that I couldn't live without. Walmart does make life easier for me though I hate what shopping there does to me mentally and physically. I swear the lighting is designed to hypnotize the customers. The nearest grocery store to me is one step above a convenience store. The next closest grocery store is better, but not much. Walmart is the best way to go for shopping when I make trips into town. It's almost as close as the nearest Dillon's (Kroger). It's cheaper. It has more than groceries. My bank has a branch there. I could even get my hair cut, nails done, and pick up more contacts if I wanted, but I don't. (I've never had a manicure or pedicure in my life and would not want to sit in one of those places with all the fumes.) So, while I can live without it, Walmart does make life easier.

WALMART! Bwahahahahahahahahahah!
Goodness, that's still reverberating here. Have you been seeing a vocal coach for you evil laugh?

I really like Publix and have been glad to have them where I lived. Except Tucson then Fry's or Basha's. I like certain brands and qualities that I can only find at Publix now they carry a very good variety of organics.

I could live without any of the stores I like, of course, but I'd miss them dearly. The most significant being my community food co-op, since that's where I do my grocery shopping. But it's not just a store; it's a place that brings together the community through their programs and activities. I love local, independent shops that are community-minded and am blessed to have a number of those ~ like my favorite book shop and running store ~ in my area. I generally don't enjoy shopping ~ especially at big box stores ~ but shopping in a way that support local, sustainable business is a pleasure more often than not.:)

Oh, does Amazon count? Amazon then! I have no idea how life functioned before there was Amazon... And Amazon Prime... Wow. I'm sure I *could* live without it, but I sure wouldn't want to!

Amazon (Prime!) and Shoebuy.com are my all time favorites. Can't live without 'em. They make my life soooo much easier. And let's not forget Ebay.

For clothes, it's Eddie Bauer.

Ok, I have major shopping envy--I've never even seen a Trader Joe's :(.

My two absolute faves are Target and B&N. They can both get me in major trouble--B&N because of the books and the cafe--one venti latte for $4+, and as many books as you can carry? Scary! And Target--between, me, my dd, my dogs, my cats, the toys, the clothes, for said dd, the shoes (she is carrying on her mom's shoe frenzy), the toys, etc, the jewelry--shall I go on? I hardly ever get anything for myself, but I have the very bad habit of seeing everything in there, and thinking, oh, it's just $5, oh, just $8, oh, just $10, etc, then nearly passing out at the register!

When dd was a baby, she LOVED Target--when she had colic, for 6 veeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyy long weeks, that was about the only place she was happy--she'd become a different child. When we'd walk out the doors she would SCREAM!!!! I always thought it was the colors and decorations. I think it works on me, too ;).