Menu

Could I ask for prayers?

I've been having some breast pain and other issues. I found a lump yesterday. I was able to get into the dr. tomorrow afternoon and I'm a bit scared. This has been the absolute worst year for me healthwise and I'm just not able to be optimistic right now. I'm so sick of doctors and feeling bad. I don't normally do this but I feel like I need all the help I can get right now. Thanks.

Thank you all so much! No one in my family, other than dh, knows so I feel like there's not anyone thinking good thoughts or praying for me. Might sound stupid but it helps to know someone is. I'm usually an optimistic person but I feel tapped out this year.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Praying for you!!!

And I know you're going to worry, no matter what anyone says, but please try to remember that the vast and overwhelming majority of lumps are NOT cancer.

Please update us when you can. I'll be thinking of you and praying that you'll find out tomorrow that it's absolutely nothing to worry about.

Thanks everyone! I'm not sure what to think. Dr. feels certain it's glandular and wants me to keep an eye on it and return in 6 weeks for him to check again. I'm glad he thinks it's nothing but I know I'm probably going to keep worrying about it for the next 6 weeks. :glare:

Thanks everyone! I'm not sure what to think. Dr. feels certain it's glandular and wants me to keep an eye on it and return in 6 weeks for him to check again. I'm glad he thinks it's nothing but I know I'm probably going to keep worrying about it for the next 6 weeks. :glare:

:grouphug: That sounds hopeful, but why didn't he send you for a mammogram?

:grouphug: That sounds hopeful, but why didn't he send you for a mammogram?

That's what I expected but he said he felt certain it wasn't serious and would rather see me again in six weeks. He listed off a few changes and said if they happened he wanted me back sooner.

That's what I expected but he said he felt certain it wasn't serious and would rather see me again in six weeks. He listed off a few changes and said if they happened he wanted me back sooner.

It does sound like he's pretty confident! The mammogram would be nice just for peace of mind, but admittedly I don't know if there are any downsides to it. I hope you can find some peace until the 6-week recheck. I'm certain you'll be watching carefully for those changes he mentioned. :grouphug: again!

It does sound like he's pretty confident! The mammogram would be nice just for peace of mind, but admittedly I don't know if there are any downsides to it. I hope you can find some peace until the 6-week recheck. I'm certain you'll be watching carefully for those changes he mentioned. :grouphug: again!

I agree that he wouldn't have sent you home unless he was very sure things were okay. :)

Waiting is hard, but the news is good.

I agree that he wouldn't have sent you home unless he was very sure things were okay. :)

Waiting is hard, but the news is good.

:iagree:

That said, I would be worried, too, because I'm one of those people who needs a definitive answer right away, or I drive myself nuts about it. I know I'm a paranoid lunatic, but it doesn't seem to stop me from being a worrier. :glare:

I'm sure your doctor was 100% sure it was nothing, or he would have immediately scheduled additional tests. Realistically, he would have scheduled the tests if he was 80% sure it was nothing, just to be positive, so I truly think everything will be just fine.

I'll pray for you -- both for your health and for your calm and patience. Waiting is hard. But remember, doctors see these symptoms all the time, and they get very, very good at recognizing a problem, so I really believe he's right about this.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I'm sure your doctor was 100% sure it was nothing, or he would have immediately scheduled additional tests. Realistically, he would have scheduled the tests if he was 80% sure it was nothing, just to be positive, so I truly think everything will be just fine.

:iagree::iagree: