Menu

Things that should not be fruit flavored

mirth

• Salsa

Salsa must be fruit flavored! :D

I prefer mango or peach, but I have been known to put strawberries in when I'm out of both.

As far as what should not be fruit flavored: Anything with artificial banana flavoring. That is the grossest taste in the world!

:lol::lol: Oh boy! I cannot say the first thing that popped into my head because I'd probably be banned for life :smilielol5::smilielol5:

Fruit can make it better. :lol:

Other fruits. My food store carries "grape flavored apples," which I initially thought were some interesting hybrid or just a florid description. Nope. Just regular apples with artificial grape flavoring.

Ours does Grapples. I couldnt imagine what youd really want them for.

Popcorn. I can't imagine why you'd try, but DW got DD some disgusting fruit-flavor coated popcorn on a recent trip. DD agreed with me, it was gross.

And we have grapples here too. I have no idea what one would do with one. And I like both grapes and apples, but seriously, grapes should taste like grapes, and apples like apples.

• Salsa
  • Beer

Anything else?

I would have agreed with you on both counts until a couple weeks ago, at which time I made a great nectarine salsa (Fresh20). Beer, however, should never be fruit flavoured. The worst fruit cider is better than the "best" fruit beer. Coffee, yes. Chocolate, in skilled hands. Fruit is an abomination.

I don't like fruit OR mint flavored teas!

I like black tea, PERIOD! It can have spices and be made into a Indian tea, but it must be a black tea.

Can you tell I grew up in tea country? We had tea everywhere the eye could see.....the best tea in the world. We drank it several times a day growing up.

Tea is something I am very picky about.

Dawn

I know I'm in the minority, but I can't stand fruit flavored teas (the kind you drink:)). But I LOVE mint flavored. Plantation Mint is my all time favorite!

Popcorn. I can't imagine why you'd try, but DW got DD some disgusting fruit-flavor coated popcorn on a recent trip. DD agreed with me, it was gross.

And we have grapples here too. I have no idea what one would do with one. And I like both grapes and apples, but seriously, grapes should taste like grapes, and apples like apples.

My dd puts lime and parmesan on her popcorn. She loves it that way.

Cream cheese should never be pink. Period.

:cringe: I need to remember to put on my American reading glasses. :cringe:

Nothing should be watermelon flavour except watermelon because all the synthetic flavourings taste like the rind. :ack2:

I thought fruit flavoured salsas would actually be chutneys. I did not grow up in a condiment family. Do I have this all wrong?

Rosie

Edited by Rosie_0801

:cringe: I need to remember to put on my American reading glasses. :cringe:

Nothing should be watermelon flavour except watermelon because all the synthetic flavourings taste like the rind. :ack2:

I thought fruit flavoured salsas would actually be chutneys. I did not grow up in a condiment family. Do I have this all wrong?

Rosie

Salsa is raw and chutney is cooked, I think. Also I think the flavorings may be different. We can get chutney here, and it's labeled that way. As chutney, not salsa, I man.

Sorry, I have to disagree....

Orange, lemon, lime and raspberry are all great in a nice micro. Drop Top does a good job and a slice of orange is wondrful in Blue Moon.

Mango, lime and pinapple are all nice in salsa

So far I haven't heard anyone defending the grapple.