Menu

Vigil for Christopher Stevens AKA what I did last night...

Thank you for making your voice heard--both through the vigil and here on this forum. Most of my work colleagues are Muslim and were born in the Middle East or Africa. I am saddened when Americans look at Muslims as a single unit rather than knowing people as individuals. I do not believe that is how our Creator wants it to be.

Thank you Nadia!

Thank you for making your voice heard--both through the vigil and here on this forum. Most of my work colleagues are Muslim and were born in the Middle East or Africa. I am saddened when Americans look at Muslims as a single unit rather than knowing people as individuals. I do not believe that is how our Creator wants it to be.

:iagree:

Thank you.

It is hard for people who are unfamiliar with Islam to overcome the images they see on TV. It is so important for those who are living the faith to be seen as well.

I feel this way about Christians as well, there are many many negative images in the news, we need all the reminders of loving, devote people of faith that we can get.

I am sickened by so many of the Americans with their attitudes towards the greater Muslim community. The FB messages in particular make me want to scream.

Good for you.

Dawn

PS: changing the wording.....thank you for the correction. No, it is not all Americans.......just the ones I have come in contact with lately!

Edited by DawnM

I am sickened by America's attitude towards the greater Muslim community. The FB messages in particular make me want to scream.

Good for you.

Dawn

And you painting every American with the same brush makes me just as sick as the protests I see in the news. I don't share that view nor do any of my friends. I have Muslim friends and have defended them to some "Christian" homeschooling acquaintances. Just because it is on facebook doesn't mean it is "America's attitude." Does every Muslim share this violent anti-American sentiment? I would hope not. Perhaps I am just naive.

Yes, you are right. I was just bombarded with anti sentiment on FB last night. Sorry.

And you painting every American with the same brush makes me just as sick as the protests I see in the news. I don't share that view nor do any of my friends. I have Muslim friends and have defended them to some "Christian" homeschooling acquaintances. Just because it is on facebook doesn't mean it is "America's attitude." Does every Muslim share this violent anti-American sentiment? I would hope not. Perhaps I am just naive.