Menu

Relationship Advice From Foxnews...

I read about that at cracked.com. The only thing I can think is that she's TRYING to get fired. Ooh--or how about this: she and her boyfriend just broke up and she went off the deep end into "if-I-can't-be-happy-nobody-should-be-happy" land and is trying to sabotage her readers' relationships??

Off to read the comments!

Edited by Kirch

This was a little too weird for words.

Every single item would annoy the heck out of my hubby...and me too. Not funny at all.

Maybe I have no sense of humor. Or maybe I don't have a clue how to do it right, spice up our relationship I mean.

Cindy

I read about that at cracked.com. The only thing I can think is that she's TRYING to get fired. Ooh--or how about this: she and her boyfriend just broke up and she went off the deep end into "if-I-can't-be-happy-nobody-should-be-happy" land and is trying to sabotage her readers' relationships??

Off to read the comments!

That the writer is trying to get fired makes more sense than any of those suggestions. For some reason, this keeps on amusing me. Dh posted it a couple of days ago, but every time I see it posted, it cracks me up all over again that this was given as serious advice, at least, seemingly serious.

I am totally going to do the "Total Recall" on my husband, a little random time in jail would really spice up our love life.

Not just spice it up, but "THE BEST S3X OF YOUR LIFE!"

Honestly these are pranks my teenager pulls on the both of us.

I do add weird things to the grocery list sometimes, but only because I'm secretly hoping for a spanking. I'm not cleaning the kitchen tonight. That should be on the list.

Wait, wrong thread.

:tongue_smilie:

Not just spice it up, but "THE BEST S3X OF YOUR LIFE!"

Honestly these are pranks my teenager pulls on the both of us.

I do add weird things to the grocery list sometimes, but only because I'm secretly hoping for a spanking. I'm not cleaning the kitchen tonight. That should be on the list.

But a glass hammer? :lol: If any of those shopping list things worked on my dh I would probably not be in the mood anymore.

Wait, wrong thread.

:tongue_smilie:

:smilielol5::smilielol5:

Edited by Sis

But a glass hammer? :lol: If any of those shopping list things worked on my dh I would probably not be in the mood anymore.

Nah, not a glass hammer.

I've put:

benzodiazepine

scientific names for vegetables

Spanish names for certain foods (he's figured those out)

Ovulation prediction kit (got a call for that one, usually he just texts)

lady fingers (god that was funny)

If I told my dh I wanted a glass hammer, he would just pat me on the head and say "yes, dear." But, I might be able to convince him that there was something called "sweet salt" :D. You know it's like different sugar blends mixed with special salts. ;) Of course, if he couldn't find it after 5 minutes of looking in a store, he would probably just bring me home sugar and salt and tell me to make my own :lol:.

I'm posting in this thread so I can find the link to that "article" tomorrow when dh is awake. I'm crying I'm laughing so hard!

He is a preacher so maybe he can add that into a sermon about marriage. Such sage advice is found in that short article. :D

I am totally going to do the "Total Recall" on my husband, a little random time in jail would really spice up our love life.

:lol: :lol: the comments were hilarious! That one made me literally LOL. One thing I want to know though is what is a "blumpkin"??

Well, I have to admit, there was the time that I opened every single drawer and cabinet in the kitchen. It was the night after we watched the Sixth Sense. Totally got my dh. :lol:

ROFL :lol: :lol: What a naughty girl you are! :D hehehehehe I WISH I had thought of that! :p

Edited by Ibbygirl

Don't google it!!! I have no qualms with googling most things. How naive I was in this instance.

:iagree: Talk about needing brain bleach...

That article was the most bizarre advice piece I've ever read, it was like someone put Mad and Cosmo into a blender and came up with that.

Did you see that the writer is actually the editor of the Style & Beauty section? And claims to have a fiance? And still employed? Weird.

Thank you! I needed that! I had a terrible day today and needed to cry but sometimes it just doesn't come. While reading the comments and belly laughing it turned tears.

Emotions are so weird! I haven't done that since I was pregnant!

Thank you! I needed that! I had a terrible day today and needed to cry but sometimes it just doesn't come. While reading the comments and belly laughing it turned tears.

Emotions are so weird! I haven't done that since I was pregnant!

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: I'm sorry you had such a rough day. I hope tomorrow brings lots of smiles for you. :)

This was my favorite comment:

You should also try what I like to call The Ghostie: Wrap yourself in a white sheet while he's in the shower. Flush all the toilets and run all the faucets to really mess with the temperature. (I love it when they scream!) Then as he's stepping out bust into the room and shout BOO! Bonus points if he slips and falls and breaks something.

This was a little too weird for words.

Every single item would annoy the heck out of my hubby...and me too. Not funny at all.

Maybe I have no sense of humor. Or maybe I don't have a clue how to do it right, spice up our relationship I mean.

Cindy

:iagree:

Oh my! I feel so sorry for that woman and her man. I don't think my 5 & 8 year old would think those are decent pranks! Yet, a grown woman does?

Most humorless and least imaginative person award to her. And, now the whole world knows it. :blink:

Cindy, no perhaps you do have a sense of humor. Nothing in her list was close to funny.

Oh my! I feel so sorry for that woman and her man. I don't think my 5 & 8 year old would think those are decent pranks! Yet, a grown woman does?

Most humorless and least imaginative person award to her. And, now the whole world knows it. :blink:

Cindy, no perhaps you do have a sense of humor. Nothing in her list was close to funny.

The only thing funny was the comment section--pretty rude and crude, some of them, but oh my I'm laughing so hard!

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

My first thought was it has to be a joke and totally meant sarcastically. She seems to assume guys are total morons and would fall for the stupidest things.

If you have an optical mouse and it doesn't work, what's the first thing you do? Turn it over and make sure it's turned on, so very short lived prank.

Sending a guy who is "into fixing things" or "into sports" to a hardware store or sports store for things that don't exist? If he's into it, wouldn't he know the requests were fake?

Dh has a pretty good sense of humor but I don't think any of those things would lead to fun between the sheets. More like an eye roll.:001_rolleyes: