Menu

woohoo!!!!! Amazing news!

I wrote about this maybe happening, but now it did. We recieved a lovely letter in the mail from my aunt, including the Cuban saying "When you have butter, spread it!" and a check for $12,000!!!!!!

She very nicely mentioned that we might want to make sure we pay down some on any debt, as interest is the devil. (I'm sure this is in regards to my sister, who has car payments, a boat payment, boat storage payment, credit card debet, etc etc etc). I was happily able to tell her we will pay off the small amount we have on credit cards (for this past semester's tuition and books for DH for a certificate he is getting that will help him in his job), and probably refinance the house at a lower interest rate.

Bigger than that for me, at 31 weeks pregnant, is the peace of mind this brings. WE are still finishing a remodel/repair job on half our house that started last year, as we have not been willing to put any of the cost/materials on credit. (she was glad to hear that!), and now we can afford to finish for sure before the baby comes. And I can buy the birth pool that I'm chipping in on with my friends, and the rest of next year's curriculum for my son. Things that we would have gotten to eventually, but will be so much better to get now, so I can plan and not stress as my pregnancy nears the end.

Oh, and dh can get the AC in his old truck fixed...we've been holding off on that expense, but it is SO hot here, and he works hard, so that makes me happy.

Just wanted to share the good news!

That is wonderful. I once received an $8000 check from my grandmas estate. She hadn't spoken to me since my parets divorce, so 18 years, but she gave me an equal share with the other grandchildren in her will. We didn't have much debt so I bought a nice living room set and took my kids on a small vacation. It was much appreciated and we still call my living room stuff the "Grandma furniture" lol

I wrote about this maybe happening, but now it did. We recieved a lovely letter in the mail from my aunt, including the Cuban saying "When you have butter, spread it!" and a check for $12,000!!!!!!

She very nicely mentioned that we might want to make sure we pay down some on any debt, as interest is the devil. (I'm sure this is in regards to my sister, who has car payments, a boat payment, boat storage payment, credit card debet, etc etc etc). I was happily able to tell her we will pay off the small amount we have on credit cards (for this past semester's tuition and books for DH for a certificate he is getting that will help him in his job), and probably refinance the house at a lower interest rate.

Bigger than that for me, at 31 weeks pregnant, is the peace of mind this brings. WE are still finishing a remodel/repair job on half our house that started last year, as we have not been willing to put any of the cost/materials on credit. (she was glad to hear that!), and now we can afford to finish for sure before the baby comes. And I can buy the birth pool that I'm chipping in on with my friends, and the rest of next year's curriculum for my son. Things that we would have gotten to eventually, but will be so much better to get now, so I can plan and not stress as my pregnancy nears the end.

Oh, and dh can get the AC in his old truck fixed...we've been holding off on that expense, but it is SO hot here, and he works hard, so that makes me happy.

Just wanted to share the good news!

I never knew that you were Cuban too! Paisana! :) hehe That is so awesome!! I'm so happy for you!! :hurray: :party: