Menu

DD's boyfriend broke up with her tonight

I'm disappointed too. He was a nice guy and just her type. Sigh.

They're both transferring to different four-year colleges (met at the local cc). He's been in the military and already had some bad experiences with long-distance relationships.

I know she needs to go through the grieving and anger of a break-up - but it's just sucky right now. I wish we could all just fast-forward a few months.

Thanks for the good words, prayers and positive thoughts.

boys suck...:grouphug:

Now now! As a mom of a precious boy, I protest...let's just say trying to find that soulmate can be tough! :grouphug:

As hard as it is, I respect him more for breaking it off now than waiting to when they do not see each other often, he did the right thing. Time will test the strength f it and she may now meet the forever guy now! I would do a mom/daughter day of fun...hit a beach! :auto:

:grouphug::grouphug:

Dd went through this last summer. It was so difficult watching her suffer, and it was a long lonely summer. Sometimes it's harder to watch our children suffer than to suffer ourselves.

But you never know what can happen......things turned around for dd and her "friend" in October, and now they are getting married in 4 weeks!

As hard as it is, I respect him more for breaking it off now than waiting to when they do not see each other often, he did the right thing. Time will test the strength f it and she may now meet the forever guy now! I would do a mom/daughter day of fun...hit a beach! :auto:

:iagree:

I just hope he doesn't have someone else waiting in the wings, because that will be very hard on your dd.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: to your dd.

thanks everyone.

We went out to lunch as a family and then she and I and her sister went and got some Godiva chocolates. She seems to be doing much better today. I think having talked with several of her girlfriends has helped.

I do anticipate it's going to be a long summer though.

I was in a long distance relationship with my husband. It was probably the hardest thing in my life. I don't know that I'd want to do that again even though it obviously turned out well.

So sorry to her though. :grouphug:

:iagree:

:grouphug:

getting dumped sucks rocks. I have told dd that we would commemorate her first break up with chick fliks and a pint of her favorite ice cream. Basically make it a cheesy stereotype of a break up ritual. I have told her that as much as it hurts it is inevitable for most people to have at least 1 break up. The focus needs to be on moving forward not dwelling on the pain. Easier to say when not in the middle of it of course.

When the time comes though I intend to simply hug my daughter, buy the ice cream and rent the video. If they are meant to be together they will be down the line. In the meantime just be there for her as a loving shoulder to cry on.

:grouphug:

Unfortunately I am right there with you. My 19 year old dd just split up with her boyfriend of 2.5 years on Thursday. She knows it is for the best but it is still really difficult. The sobbing has stopped and now she is out with her best friend and her ds buying hair color. Nothing helps a break up like friends and a new hair color. Cotton candy icecream helps too!