Menu

Look what I made this morning...

It was for a friend (and homeschool mother)... friend was going to cater the whole wedding herself, but I talked her into letting me do the cake...

Now I'm off to get ready for another wedding-- I didn't get to make the cake for that one--but I will be serving some!

ry%3D480

Haha! I was going to pass over this thread, thinking that I did not need another recipe for a breakfast casserole or fancy pancakes. But then I realized it was JANN posting and I knew it would be a beautiful cake.

Another work of art, Jann! I know your friend greatly appreciates you, your time and your talent. And we really love to see the pictures!

Cake was a French vanilla/sour cream with a strawberry filling (I used strawberry pie filling and fresh strawberries). Fondant was marshmallow fondant flavored with vanilla and strawberry.

Pearls are made out of fondant-- then dusted with an edible iridescent glitter (pearl dust). To make the pearls I rolled the fondant out to a uniform thickness. I used a metal cake decorating tip (the large side) to cut out disks of fondant and rolled into balls. This way they were all close to the same size. My 10yr dd helped make the pearls with me earlier this week.

I only do cakes for friends and family (you can't sell them out of your house in Texas--- you need a commercial kitchen and I'd rather teach math than bake all day!).

I charged $60 for the supplies then the bride's family will make a donation to a childrens home in Uganda that we have all been too (my family and bride's parents).

I think I spent about 10 hours total (baking/fondant/set up). Some of the larger cakes I've done have taken 24+ hours!

Edited by Jann in TX