Menu

What do you wear at home?

I'd love to find some cute COMFY clothes to wear at home. I'm in my uniform of sports tees and yoga pants all the time but I don't want to wear jeans really. I need ideas!

I'd love ideas for summer time too. I'm thinking cute knit capris and summery t-shirts? I want to be practical since I'm cooking, etc but I'd like something cute. I feel like such a slob! We don't turn the air on often so I want something nice and cool.

I need to think about summertime footwear too. I'm wearing tennis shoes right now and I'm burning up! Thanks for any tips.

Usually at home I wear the same thing I'd wear anywhere. Summer (OK...all year, really, except when it's exceptionally cold outside) I wear flip flops. I'm all for flats, mainly. Here, here, and here are the shoes that I want (the flip flops are the same as what I have now, but I need a new pair) right now. (though now I see that the flip flops are sold out in my size. Oh well... something similar - as long as they are Sanuk Yoga Mat ones it doesn't matter. And I'd prefer that the other flats be another color...black is boring. :) ) I kind of like TOMS but they are so pricey I'm like ehh...

Clothing wise, I wear shorts (now that it's warm - jeans when it isn't) and whatever - I like tank tops and other short sleeve shirts mostly. I don't really wear t shirts unless I am going to Zumba or some other form of exercise that day - same with yoga pants (unless I'm not feeling too great or something). I love long skirts and wear them sometimes, too. (Not denim ones, though ;) :lol: )

What are most comfy to me are cotton capris and light cotton tee shirts.

I always wear sandals because we live in AZ :)

Also, I love those knit skirts with the waist band that overlap. They are so light and airy!

I really hate jean. Jean skirts, pants, shorts... I don't know. Just not comfy!

How about a sundress? or even a cute longer shirt with leggings. If I had skinny legs, that is what I would wear!! :D

Check out all the cotton knit dresses on Lands End. I live in those things. So comfy and when I go out in them I still look dressed up.

Something like this:

408529_A511_FF_WML?fmt=jpeg,rgb&qlt=80,1&op_sharpen=0&resMode=sharp2&op_usm=0.5,1,3,0&icc=sRGB%20IEC61966-2.1,relative&iccEmbed=1&rgn=0,0,2000,3000&scl=5.882352941176471spacer.gif

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Edited by aggieamy

I just found a huge storage bin of the boys' shorts, outgrown or missed wearing so they look great. This is where I'm going to live this summer. Mostly khaki, nice and sturdy, so I can bike, work, garden, walk, anything, and they'll hold up. Nicer shirt and shoes and they go to the store....

I do wear solid shoes, lace-up all the time, cause Flylady told me to, and it keeps my feet from hurting.

I wear blue jeans & nice tops (usually sort of knit top that's not a stereotypical t-shirt--these tend to have nicer fabric & maybe some sort of accent at the neckline).

In the summer I wear shorts and the same type of tops. The shorts are sometimes denim and sometimes not.

I rarely wear sweat pants, never typical pull-over sweatshirts, and never shirts with words printed on them.

I'm a jeans and t-shirt gal.

I'd wear capris if I could find some I liked...on me. So far that endeavor has been a bust.

I also like sundresses/the flowy skirts.

Simple things I can dress up or down. Easy peasy.

I wear flip flops a lot, or ballet flats, or Chucks.

I will admit though I feel my wardrobe is sorely lacking. Mostly because I feel limited...I want cute, but easy. Casual, but not sloppy. And nursing friendly. *sigh*

When I've got a house to clean (3 days a week), it's yoga pants and a tee. The other 4 days I wear capris or skirts with a nice top. I live in flip-flops from March through November so I have many different styles. I love Kohls and get most of my clothes there. The rest come from Walmart.

Well, I hate to say it but I guess I'm kind of a closet slob. I hate to waste "good clothes" on days at home :D Typically I'm in some form of lounge wear if I'm not planning on leaving the house. That said, I've found some cute things that I like to wear in the summer, they'd work for staying home just as well as going out. I just bought two of this dress - I got a black one and a brown one. I wear them with contrasting leggings and tank underneath. They are cute and comfy. I also have some Old Navy sundresses that I got last year, I wore them a ton during the summer and will again. Other than that I have shorts and fitted tees or tanks. My summer footwear is 90% flip flops. I also got a pair of Bobs last year that I "lurve"! I got the light tan ones. I thought, at the time that it was a huge mistake, given that they would likely end up filthy, however they wash up REALLY well. I hand scrub them with some dish soap and air dry them - I've done it twice and they looked new each time. Love 'em!

I'm a jeans and t-shirt gal.

I'd wear capris if I could find some I liked...on me. So far that endeavor has been a bust.

I also like sundresses/the flowy skirts.

Simple things I can dress up or down. Easy peasy.

I wear flip flops a lot, or ballet flats, or Chucks.

I will admit though I feel my wardrobe is sorely lacking. Mostly because I feel limited...I want cute, but easy. Casual, but not sloppy. And nursing friendly. *sigh*

That's me. Summer is light dresses, skirts, t-shirts (not my husband's cast off t-shirts, fitted v-neck ones from Old Navy or Gap), tanks. I do sometimes roll up a couple favorite pairs of jeans to mid-calf, but only because those particular jeans work like that. Other than those and capri workout pants, I've not found any I like, either.

Forgive me, I'm in the mood for clothes. :tongue_smilie: So I went browsing... :lol:

Do you like dresses? I absolutely LOVE a lot of the maxi dresses that are out there - however, most don't work with my shape. They end up making me look bigger than I am, because the 'waistline' isn't at my smallest part. But I could maybe do one like this, or, in shorter lengths, maybe something like this or this.

I don't mind denim shorts... I think these are cute. And I personally am in need of new shorts, so I like these, these, and these too... :lol:

I don't usually buy much from Old Navy, but I have found that I like their shorts. Multiple lengths available, etc... and their dresses are cheap. :tongue_smilie: Not sure about their skirts, but most I wear are similar to this, though I like ones like this, too - I just don't have as many. I actually think I just have one.

My most recently purchased shirts were similar to this, this (similar but not exactly), and this (again, similar).

Well, that was fun. :tongue_smilie: Sick of my links yet? Don't worry, I don't expect anyone to click on them all... I was just having a lot of fun and may have gotten a little carried away. :D

Oh, And I just bought this dress. Not for everyday... but I thought it was cute and I rarely find dresses that I like (aside from the jersey-style knit ones). It took me forever to decide between that one and this one. :) (Now if I could just find some shoes to wear with it on Sunday!)

This is me:

I wear blue jeans & nice tops (usually sort of knit top that's not a stereotypical t-shirt--these tend to have nicer fabric & maybe some sort of accent at the neckline).

I'd like to wear something nicer than jeans, but then a kid gets into some chocolate and it ends up smeared on my clothes. Maybe I'll dress up more in another phase of life...

Edited by mudboots
in case anyone thought I was serious about the heels

I'm too hot in the summer to even think about denim and khaki, or even any kind of knit. All of those materials are too heavy to wear in the heat and I certainly don't want to wear anything that conforms closely to my body since that helps hold the heat in and makes me sweaty and sticky.

I wear the lightest material sundresses I can find, so light they are almost sheer, and very loose. I don't have any links to show you, but I know 'em when I see 'em. Cotton undergarments, NO nylons, and no shoes in the house.

This is such a timely question. I have just reached a stage in my life where I am wanting to start dressing a little nicer. I usually wear jeans and t-shirts so I was just planning on getting some nicer looking versions of this.

Unfortunately, I have recently gained about 20 lbs that puts me right between sizes. A size 12 is just a bit too snug and a 14 is ridiculously large. I have tried several different brands without any luck. Plus with summer coming I am wanting to find something that is a little looser fitting and more comfortable. I have been looking at yoga pants, and the leggings that are made out of that firm knit material or even some loose fitting what I call beach pants (usually made out of linen or cotton that has a string gathered waste and staight legs).

I love the look of pedal pushers (in the style of Jackie O or Audrey Hepbrun) but they never look good on me. I don't mind shorts that aren't overly binding but they need to be a little longer than they used to as my thighs are a little bigger than they used to be. I do have some athletic shorts that I wear around the house but wouldn't wear them out in public.

I am also considering some t-shirt style dresses. They seem like they would be so simple, cool and breezy but it would definitely be a new fashion page for me as I never wear dresses. I also like the idea of the tennis skirts or new athletic skirts with built in shorts. That would be so much better than my current plan of buying lots of shapewear to wear under everything (too hot for summer).

I shop seasonally for myself and like to dress nicely. I try to buy outfits rather than pieces, though some versatile pieces are a must.

I wear jeans and tees or tops, shorts and tees or tops, dresses (in the spring and fall I pair my dresses with a cardi and sometimes tights). I like flats, sandals, flip flops.

A solid tee and solid bottom are easily spruced up by a bold scarf.

I don't like to wear worn out clothes. When my clothes start to show wear I either repurprose them or donate them.

I wear capris a lot. I also usually layer a tank top and a camp shirt or summer weight sweater.

I have a few cotton (my favorite fabric) sundresses and skirts. I usually wear workout pants (shorts or knee length) with my skirts.

I never wear shoes unless I leave the house. In the summer it's usually flip flops. I have some cute dressier ones I got at Kohls. I also have Tevas if I'm going to be walking a lot.

I try to keep my bottoms in a solid color and pair it with a more colorful top. I've collected a few more feminine options over the last few years. I would wear a t-shirt or sweatshirt with everything. Target, Old Navy, and Kohls is where I usually find some cute summery tops.

I swore off wearing any sort of "workout" clothing (unless I'm working out) around the house unless I am sick.

For me, I feel almost like I'm wearing PJ's and am not as motivated to get things done. I also don't think I look very good in most sweat pants :)

So, I just wear normal clothing. Jeans in the cooler months, capris and light weight pants in the warmer ones. I do wear a lot of fitted t-shirts, but also button down casual shirts.

I wear very few skirts around the house. Long ones make me look shorter, and shorter skirts I can't really accomplish anything in.

I am a total messy slob, so I have clothes I wear at home and clothes I wear if I leave the house.

When I'm home, I'm cooking or cleaning or doing something in the yard and I get stuff all over myself. I can't afford to ruin clothes all the time. I have stained and ruined enough clothes that I've just found it's better to have specific clothes to wear at home. So, in the winter, at home, I wear sweats and slippers. In the summer, I wear shorts and t-shirts and go barefoot or wear flip flops outside.

When I go out to run errands or whatever, I wear jeans no matter the time of year. And, I have clothes I wear only to work. I can't afford to ruin those clothes and have to replace them. They are basically several colors of pants, a variety of shirts and cardigans.

I have 4 knit skirts(Lands end) and cute mix-match tops with sandals...I love them. I have some knit pants also Lands end and more cute tops with slides and sandals. I have Polo dresses and sandals for somedays as well. Somedays...jeans and t-shirt and somedays yoga pants and cute athletic tops.

Well, I hate to say it but I guess I'm kind of a closet slob. I hate to waste "good clothes" on days at home

This is me. I have "at home" clothes and "leaving house" clothes. I don't wear work out clothes (yoga pants etc) unless I'm working out. I wear old clothes at home that are too worn out to wear out of the house.

Forgive me, I'm in the mood for clothes. :tongue_smilie: So I went browsing... :lol:

Do you like dresses? I absolutely LOVE a lot of the maxi dresses that are out there - however, most don't work with my shape. They end up making me look bigger than I am, because the 'waistline' isn't at my smallest part. But I could maybe do one like this, or, in shorter lengths, maybe something like this or this.

I don't mind denim shorts... I think these are cute. And I personally am in need of new shorts, so I like these, these, and these too... :lol:

I don't usually buy much from Old Navy, but I have found that I like their shorts. Multiple lengths available, etc... and their dresses are cheap. :tongue_smilie: Not sure about their skirts, but most I wear are similar to this, though I like ones like this, too - I just don't have as many. I actually think I just have one.

My most recently purchased shirts were similar to this, this (similar but not exactly), and this (again, similar).

Well, that was fun. :tongue_smilie: Sick of my links yet? Don't worry, I don't expect anyone to click on them all... I was just having a lot of fun and may have gotten a little carried away. :D

Oh, And I just bought this dress. Not for everyday... but I thought it was cute and I rarely find dresses that I like (aside from the jersey-style knit ones). It took me forever to decide between that one and this one. :) (Now if I could just find some shoes to wear with it on Sunday!)

Fun links! You're an enabler!

I used to wear pants/jeans and nice t-shirts a lot. Since I've lost some weight, and my thighs no longer chafe when I wear skirts, I wear mainly skirts with the nice t-shirts. These are mostly a-line longer skirts in a variety of fabrics/weights. Boots in the winter, sandals in the summer. Sometimes I add tights on colder days.

Like a few other people here, if I wear more loungy clothing, I feel less motivated.

I have "at home" clothes and "leaving house" clothes. I don't wear work out clothes (yoga pants etc) unless I'm working out. I wear old clothes at home that are too worn out to wear out of the house.

Yes, this is me also.

I can't wait to throw out all my capris. Dd can't wait either. :lol: Just a few more to to and then they'll be gone forever. Never. again.

I'm too cheap to throw them out quite yet.

I only wear flip flops to the beach and pool.

I don't really like Land's End stuff anymore. I used to.

I would love to wear really nice stuff at home also. Saw some gorgeous, gorgeous stuff in these airport boutiques in Israel last summer. Still dream about them. :D Soooo expensive ... A girl can dream.

140900460-011-2.jpg

The stores were like an absolute fairy tale. Dd and I still dream about that place. Heaven.

michal-negrin-shop.jpg