Menu

If you have things you'd like to give away for FREE, post them here!

The mods said we can't have money exchange on the General Board. So, if you have items you'd be willing to ship to other boardies for free, post them here!

Also feel free to post what you're looking for in addition to what you have to give away.

Let's pm one another to respond, instead of posting here. That will keep the thread easier to read. Also, try and edit your post when something has been spoken for or found.

I have things to list, but dh wants the computer :tongue_smilie: so I'll post them later.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am about to spring clean my schoolroom so I will look into what I have to get rid of within the next week or so If anyone is getting rid of anything with wizrads harry potter mythology dragons etc I am so interested! we are doing the Hogwarts Summer thing and I will even pay shipping Can anyone tell me how to save this thread so I don't have to search for it later to post ?? Thanks Oh and owls my daughter is really into owls right now lol!

This thread was a great idea too I know I am gonna have some early learning things to go when I start clearing out

I am a little concerned. This thread popped up on a google search that had nothing to do with me typing in homescholing or well trained minds.

I guess I thought this was private.

I am just worried that just anyone can come in here and start asking for items.

Am I unnecessarily worried?

This is kind of an odd one, but if anyone has any alcohol pads, zantac or children's medication syringes {like for use with tylenol} we'd love them. We go through those 3 things like crazy here. And any good books / handouts on working with my ASD daughter.

I will try to post some when I can - right now I don't have funds for shipping since we're trying to get the house out of foreclosure. If anyone is local to San Antonio, TX though I have a bunch of books and stuff in my garage you can come pick through and take what you want.

Update: Spoken for

I have an unopened bottle of HcG that I am not going to use. It did a number on my gastrointestinal issues. I can send the half used bottle too, but you may not feel as comfortable with an opened bottle.

The unopened bottle is supposedly a 30 day supply.

Edited by DawnM

This is kind of an odd one, but if anyone has any alcohol pads, zantac or children's medication syringes {like for use with tylenol} we'd love them. We go through those 3 things like crazy here. And any good books / handouts on working with my ASD daughter.

I will try to post some when I can - right now I don't have funds for shipping since we're trying to get the house out of foreclosure. If anyone is local to San Antonio, TX though I have a bunch of books and stuff in my garage you can come pick through and take what you want.

Most pharmacies will give you free medication syringes. FYI:D

I am a little concerned. This thread popped up on a google search that had nothing to do with me typing in homescholing or well trained minds.

I guess I thought this was private.

I am just worried that just anyone can come in here and start asking for items.

Am I unnecessarily worried?

It's a public message board. Anyone can join immediately. It feels more private because we are generally a nice bunch. :D

I have a full-size STORA (Ikea) loft bed I'd like to give away. This is a wooden bed stained a light wood color. It is high enough for an adult to walk under without having to stoop.

Two things - we took the bolts off the ladder so that it could be removed easily during the day (it took up floor space) and we lost the bolts. It still has the hooks that attach it to the bed, so it's sturdy for climbing still - the ladder just isn't bolted on.

Also, during one of our cleaning days someone took the ladder and stuck it up in our wooden fort outside and it has been indirectly exposed to the weather. It could easily be painted or restained though. (or if you're really adventurous you could just use it as is.:D) I also have the mattress and a set of sheets to go along with it. (We have no other full-size beds in our house).

This bed was only used by my oldest, now married, son. He is a clean freak (at least one shower a day - often more) so the mattress is relatively clean.

Anyone in the NoVa area or thereabouts is welcome to come get it.

I will be doing some shelf purging over the next few weeks and will post here, the first few things should be posted later tonight.

In the meantime I may as well post a couple items I am WANTING Specifically Ellen McHenry's programs :excavating english, the brain, and mapping the world through art.

Oh and if anyone has the AAS tote bag that they thought when they bought it they would like it but instead it is gathering dust in the closet somewhere I would love to have it. I have the AAR one and use it daily to hold all my AAR stuff, I would love the AAS one to hold that stuff

Edited by swellmomma

Wow! I wish I were making a trip up there soon! We were just saying we would like to get this for our oldest son.

Dawn

I have a full-size STORA (Ikea) loft bed I'd like to give away. This is a wooden bed stained a light wood color. It is high enough for an adult to walk under without having to stoop.

Two things - we took the bolts off the ladder so that it could be removed easily during the day (it took up floor space) and we lost the bolts. It still has the hooks that attach it to the bed, so it's sturdy for climbing still - the ladder just isn't bolted on.

Also, during one of our cleaning days someone took the ladder and stuck it up in our wooden fort outside and it has been indirectly exposed to the weather. It could easily be painted or restained though. (or if you're really adventurous you could just use it as is.:D) I also have the mattress and a set of sheets to go along with it. (We have no other full-size beds in our house).

This bed was only used by my oldest, now married, son. He is a clean freak (at least one shower a day - often more) so the mattress is relatively clean.

Anyone in the NoVa area or thereabouts is welcome to come get it.

Finally got my list together. :001_smile:

Things I have to give away:

• 4 books from the Rod and Staff preschool series: Adventures With Books, Counting Numbers, Do It Carefully, and Everywhere We Go. All but the first one have the first several pages missing. *TAKEN*
  • The set of Pathways first grade readers: First Steps, Days Go By, and More Days Go By. I also have the workbook for Days Go By and the Teacher's manual for Days Go By and More Days Go By. *TAKEN*
  • The Pathways second grade More Busy Times workbook *TAKEN*
  • Singapore Primary Mathematics 4a Instructor's Guide; can be used with both the third edition and the U.S. edition of Primary Mathematics 4a. *TAKEN*
  • A workbook that says Houghton Mifflin Mathematics Volume 2. I must have found it at a thrift store, because I have no idea what text it is to be used with. ISBN #9780618273263. I think it's from a public school?

Things I am looking for:

• CLE Math 200, any light units
  • CLE Math 500, light units 502-510, and a teacher guide or answer key
  • CLE LA 200, any light units
  • CLE LA 400, light units 404-407
  • Pathways "Living Together" workbook (I have the teacher guide and reader)

A boardie (who hasn't even posted looking for anything) is sending me CLE LA 408-410 and Math 408-410. I also claimed Lucinda's post cards, and will have a fun post card exchange between my boys and one of their cousins that lives several hours away. What a fun thread!

And what, no one wants my Houghton Mifflin public school workbook? :001_huh: :lol:

Edited by bethanyniez

☛ Here are some things that I'd like to share:

1. -- Explorer's Bible Study Answer Key that goes with the Discovery version of "God's Perfect Plan". I also have the Discovery version of the "Early History of Israel" Answer Key from the same series. Both are in great shape and would save a few bucks for anyone that uses this really great Bible study curriculum.

2. -- For the calligraphy artist or beginner, I have a beautiful book/calligraphy kit published by Reader's Digest that I'd love to give away. It's a bit large, but please note that along with a beautiful, full-color instruction book, there is a kit that includes pen, nibs, ink, watercolor, etc. to help you get started.

Here is what the back of the book says:

From the Back Cover

An ideal introduction to calligraphy, this handsomely illustrated book and starter kit are just what you need to begin enjoying this fascinating hobby. The book included in The Calligrapher's Studio kit is an authoritative one. It explores a variety of techniques, including traditional pen-and-ink, gilding, and resist work, and shows you how to master the principal writing styles. It offers special projects that will enable you make a range of beautiful decorative items, such as party invitations, a child's ABC cube, and a commemorative plaque. the illustrated step-by-step instructions are clear and easy to follow, and are designed to help you feel at home with this popular art-even while you're still a beginner. In the kit that accompanies the book, you'll find the kind of papers and all the other materials and equipment you need to start right in and launch your calligraphy career. * Packed with helpful hints and tips from an experienced calligrapher.

* Step-by-step projects show you the whole process-how to complete a piece of work from the simplest beginnings.

* More than 250 inspiring examples of the calligrapher's art.

* Spiral binding allows the book to lie flat, making it convenient and easy to use while you work.

* Kit contains everything you need to get started.

3. -- Does someone need plain white pre-paid postcards? I have a stack of about 100, all with postage of .28 pre-printed on them.

4. -- I'd like to give away one of my favorite little books about a subject I'm very passionate about. The book is called Art and the Bible by Francis A. Schaeffer. Brand new condition.

5. -- Here is a bit of joyful inspiration to pass on to someone who needs it. The book is brand new and suitable for gift giving. The tile is Laughter and LattĂƒÂ© and it is published by Women of Faith.

6. -- I would like to share a PDF file (with only one person) that is useful for creating an Apologia General Science notebook and mini notebook section for module summaries.

☛ Here are some things I could use for next school year:

1. -- A nice wall map of the United States that would be useful for an 8th grader's U.S. History study.

2. -- A decent desk lamp. (My desk has an angled wall above it, making most lamps with regular shade awkward at best.)

3. -- A year's supply of French Roast coffee!! (Ha ha ha ha)

4. -- Kindle Fire (Ha ha ha ha)

Please send me a PM if you are interested in anything listed here. If possible, helping with postage on bigger items would be helpful since dh is currently unemployed, but if that is an issue I'll be glad to send anyway.

BTW - This thread is a really great idea. Thanks so much for the op who thought of it.

Blessings,

Lucinda

Edited by HSMom2One

Wow! I wish I were making a trip up there soon! We were just saying we would like to get this for our oldest son.

Dawn

I was thinking the same thing. I don't have room for it at the moment, but my 10 yo wants a loft bed after the 18 yo moves out for college.

1. -- Explorer's Bible Study Answer Key that goes with the Discovery version of "God's Perfect Plan". I also have the Discovery version of the "Early History of Israel" Answer Key from the same series. Both are in great shape and would save a few bucks for anyone that uses this really great Bible study curriculum.

2. -- For the calligraphy artist or beginner, I have a beautiful book/calligraphy kit published by Reader's Digest that I'd love to give away. It's a bit large, but please note that along with a beautiful, full-color instruction book, there is a kit that includes pen, nibs, ink, watercolor, etc. to help you get started.

From the Back Cover

An ideal introduction to calligraphy, this handsomely illustrated book and starter kit are just what you need to begin enjoying this fascinating hobby. The book included in The Calligrapher's Studio kit is an authoritative one. It explores a variety of techniques, including traditional pen-and-ink, gilding, and resist work, and shows you how to master the principal writing styles. It offers special projects that will enable you make a range of beautiful decorative items, such as party invitations, a child's ABC cube, and a commemorative plaque. the illustrated step-by-step instructions are clear and easy to follow, and are designed to help you feel at home with this popular art-even while you're still a beginner. In the kit that accompanies the book, you'll find the kind of papers and all the other materials and equipment you need to start right in and launch your calligraphy career. * Packed with helpful hints and tips from an experienced calligrapher.

* Step-by-step projects show you the whole process-how to complete a piece of work from the simplest beginnings.

* Spiral binding allows the book to lie flat, making it convenient and easy to use while you work.

* Kit contains everything you need to get started. --TAKEN--

3. -- Does someone need plain white pre-paid postcards? I have a stack of about 100, all with postage of .28 pre-printed on them. --TAKEN--

4. -- I'd like to give away one of my favorite little books about a subject I'm very passionate about. The book is called Art and the Bible by Francis A. Schaeffer. Brand new condition. --PENDING--

5. -- Here is a bit of joyful inspiration to pass on to someone who needs it. The book is brand new and suitable for gift giving. The tile is Laughter and LattĂƒÂ© and it is published by Women of Faith.

6. -- I would like to share a PDF file (with only one person) that is useful for creating an Apologia General Science notebook and mini notebook section for module summaries.

Free, I'll even throw in shipping...

1 13 yo drama diva queen. Comes complete w/eye rolling, sighing, and snarky 'tude. Cries of 'it's not fair' are automatic w/requests of chores, school work deadlines, anything other than holing up in her room, listening to music and reading fiction.

1 13 yo drama diva queen. Comes complete w/eye rolling, sighing, and snarky 'tude. Cries of 'it's not fair' are automatic w/requests of chores, school work deadlines, anything other than holing up in her room, listening to music and reading fiction.

:lol::lol::lol: hmmm.,... then I could have a matched set!!

I'll think about it!

robin in NJ

:lol: you beat me to it; but mine is a younger fresher edition, at 10.

~coffee~

I'll take her, she can keep mine company;) (well, mine is newly 14)

That is too funny, I was posting at the same time as a few others!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

She could boss around my drama queen!

These are all spoken for now :)

King James Version Bible on CD New Testament

-----------------------------------------------------

Pippi Longstocking

------------------------------------------------------

Dora the Explorer-- Pack 2-- Phonics -12 book Reading Program w/phonics cards

Weekly Reader Books

The Little Tin Soldier and the Ugly Duckling

Cinderella and Snow White

The Frog Price and Sleeping Beauty

The Three Little Pigs and Goldilocks and the Three Bears

The Wizard of Oz and Hansel and Gretel

For the sake of shipping, I would like to send the readers and Phonics sets together

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

CLP The American People and Nation

I Can Read About the First Thanksgiving

If You Lived in Colonial Times

I would like to ship the history as a group too.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by kidsnbooks8

From the Back Cover

* Kit contains everything you need to get started. --TAKEN--

3. -- Does someone need plain white pre-paid postcards? I have a stack of about 100, all with postage of .28 pre-printed on them. --TAKEN--

4. -- I'd like to give away one of my favorite little books about a subject I'm very passionate about. The book is called Art and the Bible by Francis A. Schaeffer. Brand new condition. --TAKEN--

6. -- I would like to share a PDF file (with only one person) that is useful for creating an Apologia General Science notebook and mini notebook section for module summaries. --TAKEN--

This is so fun!!! I love giving things away!

Blessings,

Lucinda

Edited by HSMom2One

I'll throw in mine and someone can have a matched set!

So far I've been able to give away three items from my list. It's so fun to give things away!!! Everyone should join in and share the joy.

Blessings,

Lucinda

P.S. I'm still very interested in a desk lamp and a wall map of the U.S. for 8th grade U.S. History next year if you have either one available not being used.