Menu

When will your Christmas tree come down?

Usually until Jan. 6 (Epiphany/Theophany) but with a new kitten who keeps trying to eat the artificial needles and steal the ornaments the tree might come down earlier this year. I will keep the winter village, lighted Jesse tree garland with ornaments, and ceramic Nativiy set on the fireplace mantle out until the 6th.

My birthday is the second week of January and my parents usually put all of my presents under the tree. It was taken down the day after my birthday. I have always followed that tradition. This year it will come down today or tomorrow though, it is dead. I am used to cutting down my own tree in OR the day after Thanksgiving and it has always lasted but we are in UT now. Apparently I need to figure out a different place to get my tree next year.

My sister-in-law's mother took hers down December 23rd. Yes, two days before the first day of Christmas. :D

I could be so tempted to do this. :D

Ours is staying up this year until we've watched the Doctor Who Christmas special, which means any time after tonight.

Originally Posted by Oak Knoll Mom viewpost.gif

My sister-in-law's mother took hers down December 23rd. Yes, two days before the first day of Christmas. :D

Yikes! What then is the point of putting one up?

If it is a Solstice tree instead of a Christmas tree, it might make sense to some to be done with it on the 23rd.

I don't put one up :)

Some years the kids do, this year they didn't.

They're Catholic, so they follow the customs of my in-laws; the tree goes up sometimes after the third week of advent and remains up through epiphany (or the weekend after). It's always a live tree, so that's about when it starts becoming a PITB to have around.