Menu

I want purple hair.

So tonight my daughter got an amazing pair of shears, and two incredible hair dressers came to the house to deliver them. They had been at her classes today. One had bright reddish hair with white streaks, asymmetrical and stacked. The other had a different asymmertical stacked bob with deep purple hair.

I want purple hair, now, SO BAD. She looked like a flippin pixie, she was so cute.

So, at 40, should I get purple hair? Dh said go for it. :001_smile: (no, he wasn't kidding)

Oh, for goodness' sakes. Do it. If not now, then when? At what point later in your life are you going to look hotter with purple hair than you will at 40?

This is not something to put off.

(I might be a bad influence. After Christmas I intend to cut more than a foot off the length of my hair. And there will be coloring. And more holes in my ears and maybe a hole in my nose. Mid-life crisis, or something.)

Anyway, please share pics if you do this!

You could play around with some Kool-Aid and see what colors that you like before you do anything permanent.

Usually vibrant colors fade pretty quickly (permanent dye), so keep that in mind. You can perk the color up some, when it is time to touch up the roots. Just drag the color through to the ends the last few minutes.

I have an asymmetric bob and got this urge to get purple streaks. I am in my late 30's (not yet 40 :001_huh:) and showed my DH some purple spray in my hair. He said go for it.

Picture this... he is in the Army! Getting ready to move so that he can hopeful take command of a unit. (BTW deploying instead now). Myself, used to teach, now homeschooling, never have colored my hair an NOT natural for me color and... have not colored my hair (or bleached) at all for YEARS!

Anyhow, he said "Go For it" and I DID!!! BIG chunky bits - both sides. I love it. He loves it. Lots of people comment positively. I have friends who tell me they WISH they could do it or that their spouse could support them doing it.

If you contact me privately I will send you a pic.

I do have to say that purple is BRIGHT and washes out easily. I have the color put back in to brighten it back up once a month. I have found that going to bed with a wet head is a bad idea because I ended up with purple streaks on my pillowcase!

:lol:

Go for it! Life's to short to play it safe. My blue hair makes me happy! :001_smile:

Here's a similar look to mine: http://prettygirlswithprettyhair.tumblr.com/post/11263085945

I am having fun looking at this site! One of the girls looks very much like my niece. Even though she looks a little bit like a My Little Pony her pink hair is lovely! I'm going to send a link to my niece.

So tonight my daughter got an amazing pair of shears, and two incredible hair dressers came to the house to deliver them. They had been at her classes today. One had bright reddish hair with white streaks, asymmetrical and stacked. The other had a different asymmertical stacked bob with deep purple hair.

I want purple hair, now, SO BAD. She looked like a flippin pixie, she was so cute.

So, at 40, should I get purple hair? Dh said go for it. :001_smile: (no, he wasn't kidding)

Pics if you do! My 12 yo DD would so do this. Her friends call her the Queen of Purple because she wears it so much, and in all the shades. :D

And I want a tatoo. And I am getting one when I lose the rest of this weight.

Sure...I say go for it! My hair is in a cool stacked bob....with an angle toward my face. My color is out...and I am pretty grey....trying to decide what color to go with....I may go eggplant purple like when I was 20......hmmmmm....dh has said he wants me to do something because I look old. :glare:

Faithe

Make sure you post pics when you do it! I had pink streaks in my hair earlier this year. The first time I did it, the hairdresser used a soft pink color, and unfortunately it faded out way too fast. The second time, I asked for a deep hot pink. My dh was surprised when he first saw it, but it was cute, and lasted a lot longer, because even as it faded, it was still pretty.

I am tempted to try another color.

Wendi

(I'm 44.)

Yes! I'm 35 and got my hair dyed purple for the first time (dyed EVER for the first time, last year). I plan on doing it again.

Enjoy! You only live once.

It'll grow out if you don't like it :)

Absolutely. Our dd has the most stunning purple she gets at Hot Topic with 2 huge streaks. I adore it.