Menu

The gift I'm most excited to give this year is

PapasMixer.jpg

...a stand mixer for my dad. He has been doing a lot of cooking and baking in this year since my mom passed away, and he recently mentioned that someday he'd like a nice stand mixer.

I thought the Flying Tiger decal would make this so perfect for him. I hope he's going to love it.

I would be super-excited to give (or get!) a gift like that. That is one awesome mixer!

My son wanted a large 'coffee table' book when we were overseas a few months ago. I didn't want to lug it around all day on the train, then back overseas. I told him we could just get it off Amazon when we got home. I was devastated when we got home and found out the book is out-of-print and selling for several hundred dollars. I went ahead and added it to my wish list and checked the price every few days for weeks. A few weeks ago, a seller dropped his price to $50 for a 'slightly used' copy. I decided to take a chance and order it. It is in near perfect condition. I am giddy with excitement to give it to my son. He is going to be so shocked and happy. :D

I can't wait to give my DD her new sewing machine :001_tt1:

She has been asking me all year to teach her to sew and every time we pass a sewing machine in the store she says she wishes she had her own.

Well this wasn't a planned gift but today while I was out I came across a small machine that was reduced to $60 - it's not a toy - it's the real deal. So I got it for her and the best part was that it's purple and white -just like she wanted.

She is going to be so thrilled and I can't wait to teach her to sew on it.

She's getting a new doll for Christmas too so looks like we will be spending the holidays making lots of dolly clothes.

To OP - that is an awesome stand mixer - I wish I had one myself. Your Dad is going to be so thrilled and happy.

My husband and I decided not get each other gifts this year -- his idea. I bought him a very nice guitar with a hardback case anyway because it was a crazy good sale. He's been wanting one for awhile. He used to play a friends but then he moved. I'm soooooooo excited because I know he'll be shocked! I really can't wait for Christmas morning.

I would be super-excited to give (or get!) a gift like that. That is one awesome mixer!

My son wanted a large 'coffee table' book when we were overseas a few months ago. I didn't want to lug it around all day on the train, then back overseas. I told him we could just get it off Amazon when we got home. I was devastated when we got home and found out the book is out-of-print and selling for several hundred dollars. I went ahead and added it to my wish list and checked the price every few days for weeks. A few weeks ago, a seller dropped his price to $50 for a 'slightly used' copy. I decided to take a chance and order it. It is in near perfect condition. I am giddy with excitement to give it to my son. He is going to be so shocked and happy. :D

Great deal and a happy son. What could be better? :)

That is so awesome! How did you think of that?

When I decided to get him the mixer I thought of the cool flames on Alton Brown's KitchenAid. I looked up how to paint a mixer and found the link to decals.

I am so glad it was that easy. I don't know that I could actually do a decent job painting one. :)

I can't wait to give my DD her new sewing machine :001_tt1:

She has been asking me all year to teach her to sew and every time we pass a sewing machine in the store she says she wishes she had her own.

Well this wasn't a planned gift but today while I was out I came across a small machine that was reduced to $60 - it's not a toy - it's the real deal. So I got it for her and the best part was that it's purple and white -just like she wanted.

She is going to be so thrilled and I can't wait to teach her to sew on it.

She's getting a new doll for Christmas too so looks like we will be spending the holidays making lots of dolly clothes.

To OP - that is an awesome stand mixer - I wish I had one myself. Your Dad is going to be so thrilled and happy.

Oh, how fun! I remember my mom making clothes for our dolls when we were little. We always loved them so much more than whatever came with the doll.

My husband and I decided not get each other gifts this year -- his idea. I bought him a very nice guitar with a hardback case anyway because it was a crazy good sale. He's been wanting one for awhile. He used to play a friends but then he moved. I'm soooooooo excited because I know he'll be shocked! I really can't wait for Christmas morning.

That is exciting! What a special gift!

I can't wait for ds8 to see his new snake. I've told him for 3 years that he has to wait until he's 12. We decided because he's so responsible with the mice and toads, he's ready. He hasn't a clue and has quit asking because he knows he has to wait another 3.5 years.

What kind of snake?

My brother always wanted a snake, but they terrified my dad.

I'll do it anyway, because I CAN'T WAIT to give this to dd!!!! It's not here yet, but it should be soon.

I literally couldn't wait and gave it to her tonight! I wanted her to be able to wear it to church for her friends to see. We'll be leaving town right after our own Christmas and she won't see them for over a week.

She was SO EXCITED!!!!

The mixer is so cool!!

I can't tell the things I am most excited about. We are friends with other WTMers and the teens lurk sometimes. ;)

So, I will tell you that I found the perfect thing for my uncle. It is a build your own paper robots kit! It has motors and everything!

Link? Please?

That is awesome, Crissy!

I'm most excited to give the boys their Kindle Fires. They've been saving their allowances for months to buy Kindles. Then the Fires came out and they started writing up business plans to try to earn extra money. They have it calculated what month they'll have enough (mid summer, I think). I've got all the other presents wrapped and under the tree, but they're all group gifts. I've told them that this Christmas is going to be different, and they'll be getting mostly group gifts (they usually get group gifts and 4 or 5 individual gifts). They've assumed it's the economy. They are going to be so surprised!

I got the idea from a link on this site :001_smile: I am most excited to give my grandmother a rainbow maker. I actually got a double one. She is 88 and has reached a point in life where her short term memory is shot- she can not remember things for 30 min :-( She spends a lot of time sitting in a chair just watching out the window and any time she has had a balloon or anything shiny she talks a lot about how the sun reflects off of it, how pretty it is....so while she will not remember who gave it to her:lol: I think she will enjoy it.

I am so excited to give my dd10 a "My American Girl Doll". She listed it on her Christmas wish list but told me that she knew that it was too expensive for us to give to her (we usually give gifts in the $50 range or less). She is pulling weeds to earn money to buy one for her self. She has pulled about 20 buckets of weeds so far. She still has 16 buckets to go. We told her that there would be good January sales and that she can't buy it until then. She'll be so surprised to get it from us! And she can use the money she earned for accessories.