Menu

A friend of ours died this evening.........

We've known him and his wife (to simplify) for about 5 years. He was a Marine (served in Viet Nam) and had been a pitcher for the Houston Astros. He gave my son real baseball stuff. :)

He went so quickly. I was at their home the day after he was diagnosed. They were trying to be so hopeful; his sister had fully recovered from the same cancer.

I'm guessing that his multiple exposures to "stuff" over the years probably made his experience with cancer different.

He wife was making hospice arrangements when he passed.

I'll miss you, Jim. Semper Fi.

We've known him and his wife (to simplify) for about 5 years. He was a Marine (served in Viet Nam) and had been a pitcher for the Houston Astros. He gave my son real baseball stuff. :)

He went so quickly. I was at their home the day after he was diagnosed. They were trying to be so hopeful; his sister had fully recovered from the same cancer.

I'm guessing that his multiple exposures to "stuff" over the years probably made his experience with cancer different.

I am sorry for your loss. :grouphug:

:grouphug: My FIL passed quickly like that. It's a big shock.

I'm so sorry for his family, and for you, too. :grouphug:

My dad was a Marine (also served in Viet Nam) and his name was Jim, too; he never made it to hospice, either (he had ALS). I remember my tough Marine dad crying one day because he was sad that he'd never get to play baseball with his grandson (my ds - he was only 2yo when my dad died). It makes me glad to think that your friend was able to share his love for the game with your son. :)