Menu

Do you wear a headcovering for religious reasons?

Do you wear a headcovering for religious reasons?  

1. 1. Do you wear a headcovering for religious reasons?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

Ahhh, I'm getting the feel that these polls are light hearted (I was gone for awhile this morning), so I guess I oughtn't into the whole story about how the issue of wearing headcoverings was the impetus to us running into the arms of the Orthodox church (not that it's an issue in the Orthodox church, exactly, it was just the final straw that broke sola scriptura back as it were). But this is a fluffy thread (if I'm catching the drift of the poll frenzy), so I won't go into that. :tongue_smilie:

But I love this video, and the women in it.

Edited by milovaný

Ahhh, I'm getting the feel that these polls are light hearted (I was gone for awhile this morning), so I guess I oughtn't into the whole story about how the issue of wearing headcoverings was the impetus to us running into the arms of the Orthodox church (not that it's an issue in the Orthodox church, exactly, it was just the final straw that broke sola scriptura back as it were). But this is a fluffy thread (if I'm catching the drift of the poll frenzy), so I won't go into that. :tongue_smilie:

But I love this video, and the women in it.

Wow, what a neat video!

For formal services at church, yes. Otherwise no.

I don't agree that it's a Scriptural requirement, but I do it because in other respects I feel comfortable with my church, and that's what they do.

:iagree:

I would if I attended a Traditional Latin Mass. Some women wear a veil for church, others don't.

Yes Ma'ams I do. I cover all of my hair, ears, and neck with a scarf for religious reasons while out of my home or if men are in my home (men other than my DH, Dad, Brothers, uncles, or FIL) I also wear a long dress called Abaya over my regular clothes when out too.

I am not sure why - maybe it is regional? I know people who are Christian who do wear head coverings, but I do not and no one in my local area does (that I have seen). It is not common here. I do know several mennonite families in the next town over that wear head coverings at all times, though. Of course, I also have a friend whose husband is a Christian pastor, but they wear only dresses/skirts. I think it all depends on what is customary in your faith/church (parish, chapel, mosque, etc.)

I voted "other" because as of yet, I have not. However, we are becoming Orthodox and though it isn't required in our parish (most do it anyway), I feel a sense of *need* to do it. I just haven't found one yet. I don't want it to be bright or flashy, nor do I want it to be black, as if I'm in mourning. I'll know the right one when I see it.