Menu

There's a Man Cold in my house.

:lol: Dh gets anything he needs when he is sick. Medicine. Drink. Special food. The heating pad. Peace and Quiet. The remote. Anything. Except my sympathy. He lost that during my first pregnancy. We only had one bathroom. As I was throwing up, he would call in, "Are you about done in there? I've got to get ready for work."

:lol: Dh gets anything he needs when he is sick. Medicine. Drink. Special food. The heating pad. Peace and Quiet. The remote. Anything. Except my sympathy. He lost that during my first pregnancy. We only had one bathroom. As I was throwing up, he would call in, "Are you about done in there? I've got to get ready for work."

:boxing_smiley:

get OB's instead. Put one in each nostril. A pad across the chin to catch the drippies may help, to.:tongue_smilie:

What ever you do. DO NOT LET HIM USE YOUR WATERMELON POTHOLDERS TO BLOW HIS NOSE INTO!!!!!!!!:scared:

:smilielol5: Ha ha ha ha ha

This had me seriously laughing out loud! My kids were like, "what is so funny, mom?" :lol::lol::lol:...:001_huh:nothing.

I told my husband last night that I could totally convince him he was sick, even when he wasn't. He doesn't believe me. I've decided to try it sometime.

*hand on head* "Oh honey, you feel warm. Are you feeling ok?"

"Well now that you mention it, I have been feeling a little worn down" (his favorite line, ever)

"Why don't you go and rest for a bit"

~ I predict he'll be in bed for at least two days....

:lol::lol::lol:

get OB's instead. Put one in each nostril. A pad across the chin to catch the drippies may help, to.:tongue_smilie:

What ever you do. DO NOT LET HIM USE YOUR WATERMELON POTHOLDERS TO BLOW HIS NOSE INTO!!!!!!!!:scared:

baaaaahaaaaahaaaa :lol:

Oh dear... As a recent carer for one with Man Cold, I sympathise and send you extra strength to not strangle anyone. My friend sent me this recently:

Man Flu - The Facts...

1. Man-Flu is more painful than childbirth. This is an irrefutable scientific fact*.

*(Based on a survey of over 100,000 men.)

2. Man-Flu is not 'just a cold'. It is a condition so severe that the germs from a single Man-Flu sneeze could wipe out entire tribes of people living in the rainforest. And probably loads of monkeys too.

3. Women do not contract Man-Flu. At worst they suffer from what is medically recognised as a 'Mild Girly Sniffle' – which, if a man caught, he would still be able to run, throw a ball, tear the phone book in half and compete in all other kinds of manly activities.

4. Men do not 'moan' when they have Man-Flu. They emit involuntary groans of agony that are entirely in proportion to the unbearable pain they are in.

5. Full recovery from Man-Flu will take place much quicker if their simple requests for care, sympathy and regular cups of tea are met. Is that really so much to ask? Florence Nightingale would have done it.

6. More men die each year from MFN (Man-Flu Neglect) than lots and lots of other things. (Like rabbit attacks or choking on toast).

7. Men suffering from Man-Flu want nothing more than to get out of bed and come to work, but they are too selfless to risk spreading this awful condition amongst their friends and colleagues. In this sense, they are the greatest heroes this country has ever known.

8. In 1982 scientists managed to simulate the agonising symptoms of full blown Man-Flu in a female chimp. She became so ill that her head literally fell off.

9. Man-Flu germs are more powerful than He-Man, The Thundercats and The A-Team combined. They are too strong for weak, nasty tasting 'lady medicines' like Lemsip, so don't bother trying to force them on a victim of Man-Flu.

10. While it may seem like a Man-Flu sufferer is just lying around enjoying 'Diagnosis Murder' it is a commonly recognised medical fact that the exact pitch and frequency of Dick Van Dyke's voice has remarkable soothing powers.

Every minute in this country one man is struck down by Man-Flu. Women, all we ask is that each of you offers them a cup of tea, some kind words and your undivided attention and care. Then maybe, just maybe, we'll beat this monstrous disease together.

*ahem*

We all had a cold last year. Or so I thought. My husband was by far the worst one, barely dragging himself around the house and weakly asking for all kinds of things. I finally went to the doctor with the kids. My son and I had bronchitis. And I had been the one catering to everyone.

Redemption.

Until my husband went and discovered he had pneumonia.

I felt like a heartless idiot after that. :)

*ahem*

We all had a cold last year. Or so I thought. My husband was by far the worst one, barely dragging himself around the house and weakly asking for all kinds of things. I finally went to the doctor with the kids. My son and I had bronchitis. And I had been the one catering to everyone.

Redemption.

Until my husband went and discovered he had pneumonia.

I felt like a heartless idiot after that. :)

Well of course he had pneumonia. Part of the man cold is that whatever he has is worse than what you have.

DH has had a cold for less than 24 hours. He came home last evening and it was evident that he was at death's door. Or so he sounds -- groaning and very weak voice when he talks. He reminds me of a petulant 5 year old. He ate a regular supper, so at least his appetite is healthy :D He probably thought he would die in the night if he didn't get nourishment.

This morning he went to work, likely convinced that I poisoned him by giving him Benadryl. He refused a dose higher than that for a 40 pound dog, after asking me to come and get it out of the drawer he was standing next to.

:lol::lol::lol: Thanks for sharing, justamouse! I agree about the OBs. That's practically how DH walks around when he has a cold--well, when he rises from the bed, that is!

thanks for giving me new videos to watch

Don't miss the lingerie one!!!

I told my husband last night that I could totally convince him he was sick, even when he wasn't. He doesn't believe me. I've decided to try it sometime.

*hand on head* "Oh honey, you feel warm. Are you feeling ok?"

"Well now that you mention it, I have been feeling a little worn down" (his favorite line, ever)

"Why don't you go and rest for a bit"

~ I predict he'll be in bed for at least two days....

:lol: DH's phrase is, "I feel like I've fighting something off." I was unusually stuffy four or five days ago, and I asked him if his allergies had been bothering him. "No, but I do feel like I've been fighting something off for the last few days." Here we are, five days later, and I'm still fighting off what I'm afraid is going to turn into pneumonia, and he's hopping around just like always, perfectly fine :glare: The man who takes to his bed for three days every time he gets a cold had the nerve to half-jokingly call me a lame-o the other day because I decided to stay home from his mom's house (so I wouldn't infect his 60-year-old mother and tweenaged niece! You're welcome!!!!).

Well of course he had pneumonia. Part of the man cold is that whatever he has is worse than what you have.

I missed this last night! And you're right, I'll have to stash the potholders. :D

thanks for giving me new videos to watch

np ;)

Oh dear... As a recent carer for one with Man Cold, I sympathise and send you extra strength to not strangle anyone. My friend sent me this recently:

Man Flu - The Facts...

I think I'm putting that one on facebook.

DH has had a cold for less than 24 hours. He came home last evening and it was evident that he was at death's door. Or so he sounds -- groaning and very weak voice when he talks. He reminds me of a petulant 5 year old. He ate a regular supper, so at least his appetite is healthy :D He probably thought he would die in the night if he didn't get nourishment.

This morning he went to work, likely convinced that I poisoned him by giving him Benadryl. He refused a dose higher than that for a 40 pound dog, after asking me to come and get it out of the drawer he was standing next to.

See, I think you FEED the Man-Cold. Or at least, they think that the Man Cold is supposed to be fed.

The Benadryl at that dose probably made his fingers and toes a little tingly. :tongue_smilie:

This reminds me of when I was pregnant with DD. I was horribly nauseous and very, very tired. I spent a lot of time laying on the couch the first few months. At one point, DH said to me, "Even if you're feeling bad, you need to just go ahead and get up and get things done. It's like when you have a bad cold, but after 2-3 days you just know you can't lay around anymore and get up anyway." Umm, no. It's not like that. After 2-3 days of a cold, you get up because YOU ARE FEELING BETTER!

This reminds me of when I was pregnant with DD. I was horribly nauseous and very, very tired. I spent a lot of time laying on the couch the first few months. At one point, DH said to me, "Even if you're feeling bad, you need to just go ahead and get up and get things done. It's like when you have a bad cold, but after 2-3 days you just know you can't lay around anymore and get up anyway." Umm, no. It's not like that. After 2-3 days of a cold, you get up because YOU ARE FEELING BETTER!

:blink: That would have brought out the shrieking howler monkey in me.

I can't have a single cold symptom without DH piping up with, "Oh, yeah. I've had the same thing." Really, really irritating. What is this? A competition?

I'm competing with DH right now. We are both sick, and dd has chorus practice. I do not want to take her. He does not want to take her. Periodically he looks at me and says things like "I am really nauseous...." and I say "Yeah, me too."

"Wow, I am really sweating. This stinks".

"I know, I feel really light-headed too".

And so on.

I am going to lose, I know it. :glare:

I'm so glad to know that I'm not the only one whose normally rational, caring, tough guy dh gets reduced to a snivelling toddler when a virus hits.

I think vows need to be rewritten..."In sickness, and in health, and in Man Cold..."

I also think nobody should be allowed to get married until spending time tending to Man Cold...let the poor single female really understand what she's signing on for.

I think vows need to be rewritten..."In sickness, and in health, and in Man Cold..."

I also think nobody should be allowed to get married until spending time tending to Man Cold...let the poor single female really understand what she's signing on for.

What a brilliant idea! We could start right now with our daughters, except that it really feels too mean to make them deal with it...

Man Flu - The Facts...

1. Man-Flu is more painful than childbirth. This is an irrefutable scientific fact*.

*(Based on a survey of over 100,000 men.)

2. Man-Flu is not 'just a cold'. It is a condition so severe that the germs from a single Man-Flu sneeze could wipe out entire tribes of people living in the rainforest. And probably loads of monkeys too.

3. Women do not contract Man-Flu. At worst they suffer from what is medically recognised as a 'Mild Girly Sniffle' – which, if a man caught, he would still be able to run, throw a ball, tear the phone book in half and compete in all other kinds of manly activities.

4. Men do not 'moan' when they have Man-Flu. They emit involuntary groans of agony that are entirely in proportion to the unbearable pain they are in.

5. Full recovery from Man-Flu will take place much quicker if their simple requests for care, sympathy and regular cups of tea are met. Is that really so much to ask? Florence Nightingale would have done it.

6. More men die each year from MFN (Man-Flu Neglect) than lots and lots of other things. (Like rabbit attacks or choking on toast).

7. Men suffering from Man-Flu want nothing more than to get out of bed and come to work, but they are too selfless to risk spreading this awful condition amongst their friends and colleagues. In this sense, they are the greatest heroes this country has ever known.

8. In 1982 scientists managed to simulate the agonising symptoms of full blown Man-Flu in a female chimp. She became so ill that her head literally fell off.

9. Man-Flu germs are more powerful than He-Man, The Thundercats and The A-Team combined. They are too strong for weak, nasty tasting 'lady medicines' like Lemsip, so don't bother trying to force them on a victim of Man-Flu.

10. While it may seem like a Man-Flu sufferer is just lying around enjoying 'Diagnosis Murder' it is a commonly recognised medical fact that the exact pitch and frequency of Dick Van Dyke's voice has remarkable soothing powers.

Every minute in this country one man is struck down by Man-Flu. Women, all we ask is that each of you offers them a cup of tea, some kind words and your undivided attention and care. Then maybe, just maybe, we'll beat this monstrous disease together.

:lol: That is hilarious.

:lol: That is hilarious.

but accurate.

Unless you have the correct X Y chromosome make-up you simply would not understand!

I find the electric buzzer far better than the bell because the high pitched sound of the bell is "more painful than childbirth" and that IS an irrefutable fact :-)