Menu

How Big are Your Books?

Because we can never know enough!!!  

1. 1. Because we can never know enough!!!

• pocket b00ks
    • Standard Hardcover
    • Coffee Table

Ok, this is a big reveal. I had surgery this spring.

When I had my ileostomy reversed 13 years ago the surgeon cut me 3 inches above my belly button, through the navel, and down past my c-section scar. Then half of that scar (the upper half, of course), became swollen and red....keloid...ugh. So, scar plus c-section plus 6 kids in under 8 years....my abdomen was a mess. I was so sick of the scar and flab I couldn't stand it. I don't weigh much (128) but my stomach? Rolls. Flub. Scar. Muscles ripped apart, never to return to their former state. After years of thinking about it, I saw a plastic surgeon and had the scar removed (yes!!)....and a tummy tuck was a major part of that surgery.

Back to the books: My lower half was going to look good. So I did it. I had my books lifted because there was a significant sag and droop. But, because propping them up made them less than what they had been, I added a little. Very little, enough to replace the sag. They are not coffee table books. But they are darn good books. I have no regrets.

I hope you will not judge me harshly. When I get my before and after pics of my stomach I'll post them...I have gone from wearing a cami under everything lest my shirt ride up and someone die from shock and horror to wearing a bikini. I feel good. :)

Yes. If we can have a thread about teA room flooring.....btw that was the best thread ever.

:iagree: THAT thread was hilarious! My dh and I read thru it together and laughed and laughed. We still talk about it. So funny!

The kilt threads are a close second. :tongue_smilie:

When I had my ileostomy reversed 13 years ago the surgeon cut me 3 inches above my belly button, through the navel, and down past my c-section scar. Then half of that scar (the upper half, of course), became swollen and red....keloid...ugh. So, scar plus c-section plus 6 kids in under 8 years....my abdomen was a mess. I was so sick of the scar and flab I couldn't stand it. I don't weigh much (128) but my stomach? Rolls. Flub. Scar. Muscles ripped apart, never to return to their former state. After years of thinking about it, I saw a plastic surgeon and had the scar removed (yes!!)....and a tummy tuck was a major part of that surgery.

Back to the books: My lower half was going to look good. So I did it. I had my books lifted because there was a significant sag and droop. But, because propping them up made them less than what they had been, I added a little. Very little, enough to replace the sag. They are not coffee table books. But they are darn good books. I have no regrets.

I hope you will not judge me harshly. When I get my before and after pics of my stomach I'll post them...I have gone from wearing a cami under everything lest my shirt ride up and someone die from shock and horror to wearing a bikini. I feel good. :)

No one should judge you for the Care and Keeping of Books. It's important to take them to the bookbinders for repairs whenever it is affordable! :D

Faith

No judgement here! Just as soon as the house, car and college tuitions are paid for, I am off to see the surgeon! :D

I am so thankful for what nursing did to my books! While I was pregnant with ds, they were equivalent to an unabridged Oxford English dictionary. I couldn't fold my arms over my chest or see my pg belly 'cause they went out well past my elbows when properly supported.:001_huh: The back pain and shirt fitting was atrocious. Now they are a much more manageable coffee table edition.

No judgement. You just made good use of your library card. :D

Hmmm, well, I'm not sure what the parameters are in each category...so to speak. I'm a 34 D....what does that make me? And seriously...you all know so much more about me than most people in my real life. :lol:

Well, ok, me too now...so I'm thinking we are good standard editions. :confused:

Ok, this is a big reveal...

I have one too. My shelf isn't exactly balanced. I'm the Oxford English Dictionary on one side and the Oxford Student edition on the other. :lol:

No plans to fix that though. It's not that noticeable when then books are properly shelved and my husband appreciates variety in his reference library. :D

I will vote if someone explains what the poll options mean? :001_huh:

Don't take it too seriously. :) Just choose whatever seems right to you and feel free to ignore the poll altogether! I was just poking a little fun at all the body part polls that popped up today.

No judgement here, as long as you're not going for that "Former Ms. January, 1989" look. Yipes! :D

I seriously considered updating my abridged versions. I'm too afraid something will go wrong and I ruined everything for a little naked vanity. :tongue_smilie:

Don't take it too seriously. :) Just choose whatever seems right to you and feel free to ignore the poll altogether! I was just poking a little fun at all the body part polls that popped up today.

Alrighty, so I chose coffee table, assuming that meant large. I am open to bookcase suggestions as well. My books are oversized paperbacks and tend to sink in the bookcase.:D:glare:

I've got coffee table books...and I've never been pregnant or nursed. (Adoption!) Due to structural demands I wear Lady of France (ooh la la...) sports bookcases everyday. Underwired with adequate sized tea cups. ;)

Pretty bookcases cause severe neck pain.

I have one too. My shelf isn't exactly balanced. I'm the Oxford English Dictionary on one side and the Oxford Student edition on the other. :lol:

No plans to fix that though. It's not that noticeable when then books are properly shelved and my husband appreciates variety in his reference library. :D

:lol::lol::lol: Can't . . . breathe. . .

38 K

I've never been able to buy a shelf at a store. Well, not since I was in third grade. (Precocious Puberty)

I was able to deal with engorgement issues by tapping myself off.

I teach music to toddlers and I have a group of one year olds who all jump with their arms crossed over their chests.

I need to get reduction surgery badly; I'm having bad back issues. I have an appointment with a plastic surgeon in October. I'm terrified.