Menu

Update on emotionally manipulative in-laws.

The movers are here! :party: MIL actually called them! :party: :party:

I hope they are really out by the end of today.

And dh sheepishly asked if he could have a room to use as his office. ;)

Original thread:

http://www.welltrainedmind.com/forums/showthread.php?t=262598

WOW!!! I bet you are partying, too :D

Bonus idea, your DH.. it rather sounds like he's quietly pleased!!

There's still some random small stuff left, but all the furniture is gone. I've got a basic plan mapped out, but I need to take measurements before I go shopping. :D Dh is over at the new place helping. Hopefully the ILs avoid crying and complaining. I'm sick of him being manipulated. :glare:

FIL still has stuff down there that he refuses to let anyone else handle, but he's too tired to come take care of it. Martyr again. :rolleyes: Dh said it would be fine for me to consolidate everything into one room so that I can start moving stuff into the rest. I didn't ask, but I'm pretty sure that more tears were shed when he went over to the new place to help them last night. :glare:

My only hesitation to moving our stuff in is the drama that would ensue if they come back while I'm down there....

Lock the door. :D

:lol: So they left a mess. I consolidated the remaining stuff into the room that will be the playroom. Unfortunately, MIL has not yet emptied the big closet that I plan to use for key homeschooling items. It is full of miscellaneous stuff. I vacuumed and wiped out all the cabinets. I've moved science supplies into one cupboard and moved down one of our Expedit bookcases. After lunch I'll move down another Expedit and current homeschooling books. I've got my Ikea list for shopping tomorrow. We should be able to start school down there on Monday. :)

:lol: So they left a mess. I consolidated the remaining stuff into the room that will be the playroom. Unfortunately, MIL has not yet emptied the big closet that I plan to use for key homeschooling items. It is full of miscellaneous stuff. I vacuumed and wiped out all the cabinets. I've moved science supplies into one cupboard and moved down one of our Expedit bookcases. After lunch I'll move down another Expedit and current homeschooling books. I've got my Ikea list for shopping tomorrow. We should be able to start school down there on Monday. :)

Possession is 9/10ths of the law. You've got your space back. So you can relocate the items in that closet. Me, I'd box it all up "so it will be easier for you to move when you're ready!" Give them a reasonable amount of time to retrieve the rest (two weeks, maybe), and if they haven't picked it up by then, deliver it to their door. That way their toehold is gone, baby, gone.

I know it's not all over and done with yet, but honestly, sounds like things went much less painfully than I feared they might. Your poor dh... I would buy him a nice green plant for his new office and all the stuff to make a batch of cookies to serve him at coffee break time on his first day working therein.

Enjoy your new space AND your new, bad-vibe-free environment!

Possession is 9/10ths of the law. You've got your space back. So you can relocate the items in that closet. Me, I'd box it all up "so it will be easier for you to move when you're ready!" Give them a reasonable amount of time to retrieve the rest (two weeks, maybe), and if they haven't picked it up by then, deliver it to their door. That way their toehold is gone, baby, gone.

I know it's not all over and done with yet, but honestly, sounds like things went much less painfully than I feared they might. Your poor dh... I would buy him a nice green plant for his new office and all the stuff to make a batch of cookies to serve him at coffee break time on his first day working therein.

Enjoy your new space AND your new, bad-vibe-free environment!

:iagree::iagree::iagree:

What a nice idea to have it all boxed up ready. :sneaky2: