Menu

Will you be seeing Prince Caspian when it comes out?

dd7 and I are going! She loved the first book and when she saw that the second movie was coming out I told her she could only see it if she had "heard" or read the book! We have the complete audio cd of the Chronicles of Narnia...she is very excited! Dh will see it too, but he will see it separately (when he is on a business trip). Ds6 would not enjoy it yet...far too scary!

I loved, loved, loved the Narnian books when I was a kid and was so disappointed when my daughter just wasn't into them. Fortunately, my son has become my Narnia buddy. He read the whole series when he was 8-ish, and we listened to the audio versions for fun on our assorted road trips this year.

I thought they did a nice job with the first movie. I mean, I have quibbles, but it did a good job of capturing the feeling of the book, I thought. I'm more concerned about Caspian, since it appears they're trying a little too hard to pull in the tween girl audience by turning him into a heart-throb. But, yes, we'll see it.

I really like movies and grew up going to lots of them. When we were first married and still had money (before kids, in other words), it wasn't unusual for us to see two or three movies a weekend. But, between the current popular taste for movies with action and effects and without scripts and the rising cost of tickets and the bad manners of the audiences, it's rarely worth it to me to actually go to a theatre anymore. I miss it, though, and so try to find at least a few movies a year for which to make the effort.

Caspian will probably be one of them.

Just curious, we never go to the movies, the last one we saw was Shrek the Third at the free matinées. I'm thinking of splurging though and taking the kids when this comes out. Anyone else planning on seeing it?

Kristine

Yep, yep, yep! We rarely go to the theater, either, but we make exceptions for the Narnia movies. We're looking forward to it!

Yes! My son's co op class is actually doing a Progeny Press study on Prince Caspian. Their big finale is going to see the movie together. I might send our middle daughter with them too! My hubbie wants to see it as well, was quite disappointed when I told him Forest's co op is going, so some of us may be going twice. Or hubbie and I willl have a date out! :)

Yes! My son's co op class is actually doing a Progeny Press study on Prince Caspian. Their big finale is going to see the movie together. I might send our middle daughter with them too! My hubbie wants to see it as well, was quite disappointed when I told him Forest's co op is going, so some of us may be going twice. Or, hubbie and I willl have a date out! :)

Yep! My oldest loves all things Lewis and is literaly counting the days until it opens, reread the book for the umpteeth time :001_rolleyes: Of course he is also counting the days until Indy comes out and ............. He is a big movie fan and I have to reign him in on just what he can see and what the budget will bear :glare:

However he is pumped on this one because he got us to promise to take him to it last year and now his youth group is also going so he gets to see it twice :lol:

I'm thinking of splurging though and taking the kids when this [Prince Caspian] comes out. Anyone else planning on seeing it?

I knew it was in the works but wasn't aware that it was coming out any time soon. We own The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe and watch it in both German and English. Good practice for the kids! They love it! I prefer not to frequent mainstream theaters, though; I've taken my guys to the movies a grand total of one time. So we'll likely just wait until Prince Caspain comes out on DVD.:)

dd11 and I will go see it at the theater if we have someone to watch her brother (younger, special needs, not interested in movie theaters or movies in general) because dh is away -- she and I saw the first one in the theater and theater-going is something we rarely ever *ever* do...in fact, that's the last thing we saw there. We'll see this one there if we can, rent it later if we can't. :)

I prefer not to frequent mainstream theaters, though...So we'll likely just wait until Prince Caspain comes out on DVD.:)

I'm with you. :iagree: I prefer to wait for the disc, then enjoy my own screen, my own sofa, and my own popcorn! :lurk5: :D