Menu

I'm having a bad day.

How does one dye their hair w/ jello anyway? I could call it a Valentine's experiment & not even seem too crazy. ;)

IT DIDN'T WORK.

Tub, bathroom walls, door, my shirt are all pink. My hair is blonde. Some people weren't meant to rebel.

Edited by Aubrey

Put a plate in a pillowcase, break it and make it art. Don't let the kids touch as you create a mosaic. Skip school stuff, grab a book or a movie and have some hot chocolate.

Have the kids draw valentines cards for dh, shove the carp of life under the rug one more hour/day and pretend you are a beautiful queen trapped in a turret with her small children. We've been reading dragon stories and there is always a beast and princess involved.

Picture your dh as dragon slayer realizing that he is fighting and trying. (that bites about his birthday!)

Sorry. :grouphug::grouphug: Reality just bites sometimes.

Put a plate in a pillowcase, break it and make it art. Don't let the kids touch as you create a mosaic. Skip school stuff, grab a book or a movie and have some hot chocolate.

Have the kids draw valentines cards for dh, shove the carp of life under the rug one more hour/day and pretend you are a beautiful queen trapped in a turret with her small children. We've been reading dragon stories and there is always a beast and princess involved.

Picture your dh as dragon slayer realizing that he is fighting and trying. (that bites about his birthday!)

:iagree: Good advice!! Fake it... 'til you make it.

Ok, the plate in the pillowcase made me laugh, which would be great, except laughing made me cry. :lol:

If only the plumber weren't still somewhere out there--I'd go take out my frustration on my hair. If the car would start, I'd go get purple hair dye. Since it won't, I'll have to settle for a pair of scissors.

But my luck is *always* that if I do something like that a) the plumber shows up in the middle of it, & b) for some reason I have to look really respectable the next day, & it's *impossible.*

*Sigh.* So no breaking dishes OR dying my hair OR cutting it. What's left? :D Wait--I know. I'll put some stuff in give-away. Double-effect of non-permanent damage + prettier house.

I'm SO rebellious.

Ok, the plate in the pillowcase made me laugh, which would be great, except laughing made me cry. :lol:

If only the plumber weren't still somewhere out there--I'd go take out my frustration on my hair. If the car would start, I'd go get purple hair dye. Since it won't, I'll have to settle for a pair of scissors.

But my luck is *always* that if I do something like that a) the plumber shows up in the middle of it, & b) for some reason I have to look really respectable the next day, & it's *impossible.*

*Sigh.* So no breaking dishes OR dying my hair OR cutting it. What's left? :D Wait--I know. I'll put some stuff in give-away. Double-effect of non-permanent damage + prettier house.

I'm SO rebellious.

Oh my goodness. One day I was dyeing my hair and there was a knock at the door. It was a guy friend from church who was working in the neighborhood and wanted to borrow something of dh's. My hair dyeing shirt was an old ratty t-shirt covered in many months worth of medium brown and reddish dye, wet colored hair was in my face. I couldn't wear my glasses and I'm super nearsighted and ds was at school (private school at the time). I apologized profusely for Medusa like appearance and smiled until he left. I was so embarrassed. :lol:

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Oh, HONEY! You are so not alone in this. And I think you know that. It sounds like you just needed to vent. We all love you, care about you, and many of us are praying for you! If I lived close enough, I'd whip up a batch of chocolate covered strawberries and bring them over (just for YOU, you wouldn't have to share! :D), accompanied by a box of Kleenex!;)

Hang in there, Girl!

It gets better Aubrey. IT DOES, IT DOES, IT DOES! It's hard to wait for it though.:sad:

If it makes you feel any better, I have to go round with my credit card today because I shorted them a dollar and they're going to charge me a late fee. I have no idea how that happened, but I paid them $105 and the bill was for $106. Mistakes happen :grouphug: Next month will be better.

:grouphug:

Dorinda

Shoot. I just called to reschedule the plumber, & instead of apologizing, I got griped at, argued w/, & threatened. In the end, I was told to fix it myself.

I did manage not to cry before hanging up. Grrr.

Honey, you don't want that man in your house anyway if he is going to be like that. Buy a drain snake and an epoxy kit.

Honey, you don't want that man in your house anyway if he is going to be like that. Buy a drain snake and an epoxy kit.

That wasn't the plumber--it was the prop management co. It's ok, though--the guy coming out called back, apologized, & when I burst into tears, he said he'd be happy to come tomorrow. :D

How does one dye their hair w/ jello anyway? I could call it a Valentine's experiment & not even seem too crazy. ;)

http://www.ehow.com/how_4869983_dye-hair-jello.html

I love eHow. I did something similar to this when I was in high school. It lasted a few days.

Eta - I have dark hair and didn't bleach mine first so it was only noticeable in direct light. But I had some killer highlights. :D I hope your day gets better. :grouphug:

Edited by Truscifi