Menu

Please Pray - Son on his way to Urgent Care

My husband is taking our son to Urgent Care right now. He has a 105+ temp that won't come down. He had Tylenol an hour ago and Advil 4 hours ago. We had him in the bathtub, etc. Nothing is working.

Please pray that they can see him quickly and can get his temperature down. Urgent Care in this town is usually a zoo.

Updated on page 3.

He's okay. Just a nasty sinus infection.

Edited by Daisy

Praying-this happened to my son not long after we moved to Texas. We went to ER and they had me put wet cloths behind his knees, forehead, underarms. They ran every test they could think of and never came up with a reason, but his fever did go away and not come back. He had no other symptoms-just fever.

Hope you have good news soon.

After 2 hours, it appears the Tylenol is finally doing its job. His temp has come down to 103. Hopefully, he'll be seen soon. Thank you for your prayers! I'll update as soon as we find out. My guess is that this is just a nasty virus. We've all had it for the last week. Horrible cough! He just seems to be my kid who spikes huge fevers and will have febrile seizures. Don't kids outgrow these horrible fevers?

Doctor said to continue alternating Advil/Tylenol as it eventually starts working. His temperature had finally come down by the time he was seen, thankfully. Ryan has a sinus infection (sounds like they settled on that by process of elimination or something). Thankfully his chest is clear even with the horrible coughing, and he doesn't appear to have strep.

We have an antibiotic script that we'll get filled in the morning.

Thanks for your prayers. Hopefully he'll start feeling better quickly.

I really don't understand why he gets such incredibly high temperatures. It is scary.

Glad to hear his fever came down.

I took my dd to the ER last night with a 105 fever as well. It is so scary when it won't come down with Tylenol and a bath. She was diagnosed with pneumonia yesterday and given antibiotics but they hadn't started working yet then her fever spiked last night. Tylenol with Advil together helped bring it down to 102 and we were sent home.

Doctor said to continue alternating Advil/Tylenol as it eventually starts working. His temperature had finally come down by the time he was seen, thankfully. Ryan has a sinus infection (sounds like they settled on that by process of elimination or something). Thankfully his chest is clear even with the horrible coughing, and he doesn't appear to have strep.

We have an antibiotic script that we'll get filled in the morning.

Thanks for your prayers. Hopefully he'll start feeling better quickly.

I really don't understand why he gets such incredibly high temperatures. It is scary.

Praise God! I saw this thread early this morning (about 4:45 my time...couldn't sleep). It's amazing how high children's fevers go...

Hydrate! Hydrate! Hydrate!