Menu

WWYD-Is this mom leaning on me too much?

Please don't give us Spaniards a bad name. Those are not Spanish soap operas, they are Spanish language soap operas from Latin America! However I have to confess that they are broadcast in Spanish private TV stations and lots of people are hooked on them! I can't understand why!!! It's like going back in time 50 years in terms of social customs!

I am sorry!

I have actually been to Spain and watched real Spanish TV, you are right, it is much better. (Although Latin American soap operas are a very low standard!)

I enjoyed Spain. Although I spent much of my time there stuck at a base, I did get to go see a bit of the sights once or twice during my trip there.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, for those that asked - many of us have seen this a thousand times - and still laugh to the point of tears. The old thread is long gone, but here's the key post.... enjoy!

All hair removal methods have tricked women with their promises of easy, painless removal - The Epilady, scissors, razors, Nair and now...the wax.

This and the unintended-birth-at-home on the leather couch while the placid old guy from next door entertained the other kids are my all time favorite posts!

I am sorry!

I have actually been to Spain and watched real Spanish TV, you are right, it is much better. (Although Latin American soap operas are a very low standard!)

I enjoyed Spain. Although I spent much of my time there stuck at a base, I did get to go see a bit of the sights once or twice during my trip there.

Oh, no worries! I was just half serious:tongue_smilie:... Half of me is amused and the other half is completely puzzled at how popular these soap operas are among some sectors of the Spanish population!

This and the unintended-birth-at-home on the leather couch while the placid old guy from next door entertained the other kids are my all time favorite posts!

Link?

Okay, for those that asked - many of us have seen this a thousand times - and still laugh to the point of tears. The old thread is long gone, but here's the key post.... enjoy!

Thanks for posting, AuntieM. I actually had to stop reading about halfway through because I was laughing so hard. Tears, yes. Just glad my dc aren't in the room to ask what's so funny. ;)

I had no idea this would be bumped back...I've been dealing with flu kids and didn't get online. Sorry!! :)

The director subbed for her on Monday and on Wednesday there was a new coach. :D

The odd thing is that she brought her oldest child, the only one old enough to participate in the class, and she sat in the room with the other parents alone. She didn't bring her other kids either day. :001_huh: You'd think if she can find a sitter to watch while she sat there as an observer she'd be able to find one so she could coach. :confused: Maybe she just didn't want to coach and didn't know how to say no, so she managed to get herself fired. She's much too complex for me to spend time trying to evaluate. I'm just glad she's not coaching anymore!

Okay, wait, so when she's coaching it's okay for the other parents to watch her kids. But she wouldn't want to be watching them herself in the same situation? Or, maybe she was told by the administrator that they weren't ever to comd again?

Is there a Hall of Fame for threads like this?

Stacie, I sure didn't mean to hijack your thread. But, but... they asked for it!

Anyway, I hope you are feeling better today and that a laugh will help shake that cold right outta ya!

That's perfectly fine! The wax story is one of my all time favorites. We should have a sticky thread for these stories, so when we're having one of those days we can find it quickly!!

I missed the leather couch story too. Now I'm waiting patiently on kalanamak to enlighten us. :toetap05:

:smilielol5: I forgot how funny this was! I had to take a break halfway through because I was hurting from laughing so hard. Thanks for the memory!

I want a sticky of greatest hits. I have only been a member since August, so I am slowly catching up on these. I would love a link to the leather couch story. I now know about the insane acting coach, hot wax and teA. But what are books and bookshelves, I saw a veiled reference to that the other day.

Stacie, it sounds like you handled it well, that was really nice of you to put yourself forward and save the other mother.

I want a sticky of greatest hits. I have only been a member since August, so I am slowly catching up on these. I would love a link to the leather couch story. I now know about the insane acting coach, hot wax and teA. But what are books and bookshelves, I saw a veiled reference to that the other day.

Stacie, it sounds like you handled it well, that was really nice of you to put yourself forward and save the other mother.

I can't remember who was the originator of the booKs - it was way back on the old boards, but basically she was talking about ordering from ChristianBooks and typed ChristianBoobs instead - which of course led to a lot of hilarity about what makes them "Christian" vs. "non-Christian" and so forth and so on, which led to the board refererring to them as "booKs" (code word for boobs) and "booKshelves" (code word for bras). I wish I could remember who that was - I remember she also typed "husbank" for "husband". Oh, the fun we had :D

I would love a link to the leather couch story.

I have hunted a bit, but maybe it was on the old boards. I surely didn't make that memory up. The woman had precipitous labor, and either her husband or EMS made it just in time and she was thinking "oh no, I'm going to birth on my nice leather couch", all the while the retiree from next door was entertaining the older kids in the kitchen. Who was that?

I can't remember who was the originator of the booKs - it was way back on the old boards, but basically she was talking about ordering from ChristianBooks and typed ChristianBoobs instead - which of course led to a lot of hilarity about what makes them "Christian" vs. "non-Christian" and so forth and so on, which led to the board refererring to them as "booKs" (code word for boobs) and "booKshelves" (code word for bras). I wish I could remember who that was - I remember she also typed "husbank" for "husband". Oh, the fun we had :D

Wasn't that Chris as in Classical Chris or something like that?

Two kids who she ended up putting in ps as I recall.

I think you handled it great, Stacie! And I'm sorry you've all been so poorly. I hope you're on the mend now.

My dh tells me I'm a magnet for weird people and strange situations. I could keep you entertained with my encounters, that's for sure!! :lol: .

Keep 'em coming :D

Oh my goodness! :lol: You just gotta love the General Board .... These stories (all 24 pages of 'em) took me all the way through my first cup of morning coffee. You ladies are a riot. :smilielol5:

Good for you, Stacie, for standing up for yourself. :hurray:

Amen and Amen!

I can now go about my day with a smile I will never explain on my face.

And good for you Stacie! If there are any sequels to the story, I'd love to hear them!

• 2 weeks later...