Menu

I'm so very sad...

One of our cats got out the other night without us knowing. We didn't realize until the next morning that he wasn't in the house. During the night he was attacked by coyotes and killed.

He was my baby. I found him in the middle of the highway when he was just five months old. I brought him home and cleaned him up. He was a beautiful cat and very loving and affectionate. He was a very vocal cat and at times could be rather high maintenance, but he was very special to me. He liked alot of attention and was always at my feet or wanting on my lap.

I keep thinking he'll be okay and come back, but of course, I know that won't happen. I'm just so sorry he was killed that way.

I'm so very sad. I miss him. The house is so quiet without him. I just hate that this happened.

:grouphug: I am SO sorry! That happenend to my neighbors old wiener dog this year and we were all heartbroken.

Thats why it is our mission over here to kill every stinking coyote we can. They walk through our backyard and come after our cats, dogs, and fawns. There are TOO many of them. I'll shoot one in your cats honor.:) Last year our group killed 8 (I got 2!!!:001_smile:) of them while deer hunting and my DH has killed 4 out back of our house this year.

poor kitty

did you find him? Is that how you know what happened?

I'm really sorry. It's so hard to deal with. You will miss him for a LONG time. To honor him, maybe you can rescue another kitty in his honor?

We have coyotes and fisher cats here in NH. I try and try and try to keep my cats indoors but it's just NOT going to happen. They will hide, out of sight, and wait until a door opens and that's when they shoot out. If I don't let them out, one, an absolute LOVE whom showed up at our house and never left, will claw at the carpets until we let her out. So we do. I know that every time I let my cats out it may be the last time I see them alive. But I also know I can't keep them inside no matter how hard I try. I've had cats for 8 years and we are so lucky that nothing has ever happened.

I'm so sorry you're going to miss your baby and so sorry that he suffered.

Some people who were living with us left our door open a crack one night and our beloved kitty Leo got out and was hit by a car. My husband found him the next morning and had to come in and wake me up to tell me that he was taking him down by the river to bury him. I was so sad. This was 10 years ago, and my husband I still miss him and talk about him! He was the best cat ever. It's so hard to lose a pet.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Jen

:grouphug: I am SO sorry! That happenend to my neighbors old wiener dog this year and we were all heartbroken.

Thats why it is our mission over here to kill every stinking coyote we can. They walk through our backyard and come after our cats, dogs, and fawns. There are TOO many of them. I'll shoot one in your cats honor.:) Last year our group killed 8 (I got 2!!!:001_smile:) of them while deer hunting and my DH has killed 4 out back of our house this year.

poor kitty

My husband said he would kill one because they killed our cat. But, feel free to take one out as well. There really are too many.

They run through here almost every night. I've even seen them during the day, so we're always very careful.

did you find him? Is that how you know what happened?

I'm really sorry. It's so hard to deal with. You will miss him for a LONG time. To honor him, maybe you can rescue another kitty in his honor?

We have coyotes and fisher cats here in NH. I try and try and try to keep my cats indoors but it's just NOT going to happen. They will hide, out of sight, and wait until a door opens and that's when they shoot out. If I don't let them out, one, an absolute LOVE whom showed up at our house and never left, will claw at the carpets until we let her out. So we do. I know that every time I let my cats out it may be the last time I see them alive. But I also know I can't keep them inside no matter how hard I try. I've had cats for 8 years and we are so lucky that nothing has ever happened.

I'm so sorry you're going to miss your baby and so sorry that he suffered.

I knew as soon as I got up that something was wrong. He always meows at me for his catfood in the morning. When I went outside, there were balls of white hair in the driveway. My daughter heard the coyotes about 1am and said they were running around, fighting and making a terrible racket. Dh later found some traces of remains.

This particular cat always wanted out. At our last house we had a big back yard with a concrete block wall. He loved to go outside and be in the yard. When we moved, he was very unhappy that he couldn't go out. I started letting him go out with me in the morning for a few minutes when I took the dog out. But, he was always a very persistant cat. He would meow and paw at the door. He would wait by it until you came back in hoping he could get outside. The other night when I brought the dog in he must have darted out and I didn't see him. That makes it even worse. I feel like it's my fault. I don't know how I didn't see him.

My heart breaks for you. Please know it was not your fault. Cats are sneaky and yours was obviously determined to get past you...it was bound to be successful at some point. Totally not your fault. I have always had animals and when I lose one, the best thing that helps me is to go and rescue another one from a shelter or group.

:grouphug: